Time Spiral Previews

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm definetly happy about Jaya. Great art, and good abilities. I'll actually have to play red now. Glad they did her justice. I've been wanting a card for her since I read the ice age book several years ago.

L

Limited

Its utterly horrible. A 5/5 flying shadow?! I hope that other colors received some flying shadow Fog Banks and Wall of Hopes :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They probably reprinted Reality Rift or whatever card it is that can give shadow to a creature (or remove it)....

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

I just enjoy the ability... -1/-0 to all non-shadow critters is just hillarious....

While I won't be running the card in my main shadow deck (he's too pricey for it), I'm sure to build a deck around it and the other shadow critters in the set.

E

EricBess

I need someone with more time than I...

Check this "preview" out.

I've got the ability:

Whenever you play a creature spell, put X 1/1 black Thrull creature tokens into play where X is that spell's converted mana cost. When you control seven or more Thrulls, sacrifice PREVIEW_CARD.

I believe the art is #16, but there are a few other pieces I don't recognize and some I don't know the names of. I'm not going to attempt spelling things correctly...

1. Psytoplast Manipulator
2. ??? (from the Dark, if I remember correctly)
3. Ebon Praetor
4. Guardian Beast
5. Balduvian Warlord
6. ??? (don't recognize)
7. Burning Tree Shaman
8. An Havva Constable
9. ??? (from Alliances)
10. Momar Vig, etc..
11. Mind Spores (or something Spores)
12. ??? (recognize, but don't remember name)
13. I think Gallobraid, but it might be Merinfin (sp?)
14. Felamerid
15. Descendent of Kio Maro
16. Preview Card (?)
17. Wierd Harvest
18. something of the Fallen Leaf
19. ??? (Kamigawa?)
20. Brine Shaman
21. ??? (don't recognize)
22. Bird of Paradise
23. Sage of Lat Nam
24. ??? (don't recognize)

For the casting cost, there is a 1/1 black Swampwalk guy for B and an equipment that gives +1/+0 for 1 and 0 to equip, giving a B.

Black 1/1 First Strike for B, Unholy Strength for B, equip to give +1/+1 for 1 and 1 to equip for a savings of U1, but I can't help but think this guy shouldn't be blue, so maybe there is something better that uses blue.

Not sure on the Tunneler Wurm, but the only other creature or Enchantment I could find that either has or gives the ability is Patchwork Gnomes.

Rarity is rare.

Creature Type seems an interesting challenge, but not one I have time for.

Power and Toughness is again something I don't have time for, but it doesn't seem like it would need to be too big. Between Pandemonium, Furnace of Wrath, and Goblin Bombardment alone, I can kill deal 6 damage with a 2 ATK creature without having to do anything else. Clearly a 3/1 would just be a no-brainer, so the ATK is either 1 or 2 and whatever DEF is necessary to keep it alive.

L

Limited

EricBess said:
Whenever you play a creature spell, put X 1/1 black Thrull creature tokens into play where X is that spell's converted mana cost. When you control seven or more Thrulls, sacrifice PREVIEW_CARD.
I got the same ability.. its the only one (I think) that matches with all the hints.

I believe the art is #16, but there are a few other pieces I don't recognize and some I don't know the names of. I'm not going to attempt spelling things correctly...
It is indeed nr 16; you can see the legendary dude surrounded by thrulls.

1. Cytoplast Manipulator
2. Miracle Worker (found this on the mtg boards)
3. Ebon Praetor
4. Guardian Beast
5. Balduvian Warlord
6. Dakmor Sorceres (portal)
7. Burning Tree Shaman
8. An Havva Constable
9. Chaos Harlequin
10. Momar Vig, Simic Visionary
11. Mindbender Spores
12. Guiding Spirit
13. Gallowbraid
14. Fylamarid
15. Descendent of Kiyo Maro
16. Preview Card (!)
17. Weird Harvest
18. Dosan the Fallen Leaf
19. Brairknit Kami
20. Brine Shaman
21. Collector Protector (found this on the mtg boards)
22. Bird of Paradise
23. Sage of Lat Nam
24. Agnus McKenzie (unglued)

The extra letters seem to spell out Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder

For the casting cost, there is a 1/1 black Swampwalk guy for B and an equipment that gives +1/+0 for 1 and 0 to equip, giving a B.

Black 1/1 First Strike for B, Unholy Strength for B, equip to give +1/+1 for 1 and 1 to equip for a savings of U1, but I can't help but think this guy shouldn't be blue, so maybe there is something better that uses blue.

Not sure on the Tunneler Wurm, but the only other creature or Enchantment I could find that either has or gives the ability is Patchwork Gnomes.
I didn't even try this one.. but 2BB pops up a lot.

Rarity is rare.
Duh :D

Creature Type seems an interesting challenge, but not one I have time for.
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard

Power and Toughness is again something I don't have time for, but it doesn't seem like it would need to be too big. Between Pandemonium, Furnace of Wrath, and Goblin Bombardment alone, I can kill deal 6 damage with a 2 ATK creature without having to do anything else. Clearly a 3/1 would just be a no-brainer, so the ATK is either 1 or 2 and whatever DEF is necessary to keep it alive.
I got 3/1 (without attacking) and doubt if it could be smaller... besides, 3/1 seems to fit with him not being in play long (two spells will probably provide enough thrull to make him kill himself).

L

Limited

I am getting really anxious to see how these suspend cards work out though.. .

N

Nightstalkers

Suspend isn't all that great, but it does annoy the hell out of counter decks.

F

Force of Will Smith

this set is so cool! i hope they mage lim dul!.

oh and they STOLE my idea for removing a card from play for X number of turns :(...

O

orgg

Technically, you were stealing design space from their intellectual property.

As far as I know, that's how the judge ruled in some case or another with the Versus game.

As for the Master Breeder, he dies when he makes too many Thrulls. Why was he killed during the Fallen Empires? He made too many types of thrulls. L-O-L-- he's dripping with flavor (and irony).

F

Force of Will Smith

well i didnt mean i had a legal case :D

wheres the master breeder info?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As for the Master Breeder, he dies when he makes too many Thrulls. Why was he killed during the Fallen Empires? He made too many types of thrulls.
He wasn't killed when the Thrulls revolted? :D

Tag Guard

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The original (Fallen Empires) Thrulls revolted.... not sure about the current Thrulls, if they're under anyone's thumb to start another revolt or if they're "free"... :D

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

The skinbags are revolting!

Eh, they're only good for armor anyways.