Time Spiral Previews

O

orgg

I agree with Gizmo. SplitSecond is just a reintroduction of Interrupts. All older interrupts are now Instants, and certain Instants can now become effectivly Interrupts... except that you can't interrupt a new interrupt.

N

Nightstalkers

With interrupts they were attempting to make the game a lot more convoluted than it should be, so they changed it back. By adding a keyword ability now it is a bit horrible. The original playtest wording for Krosan Grip was "can't be countered by spells or abilities" just as with Last Word, but it became a new keyword mainly due to the popularity of Time Stop and now is thusly a mini-godlike keyword.

L

Lythand

Interrupt though being an ability. The original interupts were types of spells. The Inturrupts,,if you want to call them that, are still instances, with the interupt type ability.

And no hooked on phonics did not work for me.

N

Nightstalkers

Anyways, on gaia they're arguing about how this card is crap because it denies card advantage.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well with that. It's an end-all ability. The ability is great. Let's see it paired with something powerful.

Ransac, cpa trash man

J

Jigglypuff

Thought this would be of interest to... well, myself. There's been a quick discussion on the newsgroup about whether Lotus Bloom currently works. Because the card has no mana cost, the rules say it can't be played as a spell. The same thing applies to Evermind. So what happens is that the last sentence of the Suspend ability doesn't work. As a result of this, I've also been informed that my assumptions about the Golden Rule were wrong. The Golden Rule is powerless against rules that specifically use the word "can't".

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the whole of WOTC site is down. I can't get to magicthegathering.com at all...

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well for those that don't know, here's the card

Evangelize
4W
Sorcery
Buyback - 2WW
Gain control of target creature of an opponent's choice that he/she controls.

That's a rough wording. I don't like it. You don't get to pick the creature and it's expensive. I don't like it. But, I've been wrong in the past.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's also white?!?! Usually "take control" abilities are either primary blue or secondary red...

Tag Guard

J

jorael

So white gains an old ability back, but no cheaply. Then again, blue usually also has to pay a lot for such an effect. This is certainly something that surprises me.

I'm not sure if I like this card...