Time Spiral Previews

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Lotus Bloom

So we get another version of Black Lotus with a new keyword: Suspend

Suspend is an ability that apparently let's you play cards for free in exchange for playing them later.

I like this concept. Anyway you slice it, it's 3 mana for free. Sure, you can't use it to give yourself a turn 1 win, but it's still 3 mana for free. It can fuel a 3 turn 6cc. It's still good. I'll collect a playset of this. I wonder exactly how good this will actually play, though.

Ransac, cpa trash man

J

jorael

WOW

That made me lift my eyebrows. Now I get really curious about the set!

S

sageridder

I'm kinda on the fence with this one.All in all it's a solid card with a good effect.It's only worried about being countered since you could tap it in responce to destruction.But I'm thinking a loti in standard is gonna be so hyped that the price rises so far above it's worth early on that I will have to wait some months after release to buy mine.To be truthfull I'm much more interested to see what else they do with suspend.And just how effective it can be with all the removal in standard.

N

Nightstalkers

Tried to tell you guys that they'd be trying to reprint the big old lotus.

You should see the other cards they're pushin' out in these sets.

L

Limited

The only one I dont like is the Chronatogstick..

And the art of Coral Trickster is awesome

D

DarthFerret

I agree Oversoul, I want 20 copies so I can put 4 in my five best decks. I cannot believe that made that with no delay tactic on it.

Tag Guard

D

DÛke

...Honestly - when I do play, I play standard. I think perhaps this card will have a home somewhere in standard.

With that said, to me - it's one of those cards that negates its own good.

In order for it to be good, you have to play 4 copies. But if you play 4 copies, you will increase the chances of drawing them on turns in which this card will be a waste of time, space, cardboard. So you have to play less copies. But if you play less copies, you wont likely draw it on turn one.

Who honestly wants to draw a copy of this card on turn 4?

So unless you're a combo deck that has a strict beginning and end, and has the same game play pretty much in and out, this card is useless.

I vote: no.

I like suspend - it's almost like a reverse "echo."

S

sageridder

Right so by turn 4 you couldn't cast this with signets and rav block 2 mana lands and fixers (and thier not one turn answers, the mana stays around).You have given your opponet 10 or 11 cards to find an answer to the swallower, guess that's why it's not the dominate deck.Their answer is likely to be a 1 for 2 trade.If your opponet has no way to deal with it turn 4 then they won't when you hardcast it either.I think it's been nerfed enough that it's ok but not what it's gonna be hyped up to right off, it's gonna be a $20 card preordered and such but I think it's so limited it will plummet to $ 2-$4 after it's shown to be more worth of an uncommon slot.At least I hope, I still want a playset for cheap.

L

Limited

The problem is, that there aren't a lot of answers to Simic Skyswallower.. the only one I can think of is Hit (of Hit & Run).
And waiting for turn 7 or playing it on turn 4 is a three card difference; thats already nasty!

L

Limited

Those count too.... but they are a bit slower. And its the only one in B or R I can think of :D