The Ultimate Magic Draft

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Question: Why aren't you checking every day?

If you can't, why aren't you subscribed to the thread so you know when there's an update?

Basically, I think it ought to be your responsibility to know when it's your turn. :)

Z

Zigathon

Well, with my internet connection the way it is, its easier to check my email when I get a new PM than it is to navigate forums at times. The library is a block from my place and if I have to, I can check my email at home and stop by the library on my way to work.
However, the internet seems to be working fine here at home (although by typing that I've probably jinxed myself) so I can check said thread everyday.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's cross our fingers :)

Subscribing to a thread means you can get notification via email, not through PMs also...

L

Lythand

For some reason I am not getting updates when new posts are being made. So do I have to wait till the end of the draft to pick my missed one or can I pick 2 when my next time comes around? I just picked one, but by the time I get a reasponce here, it will pass me.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You can tell someone that doesn't draft until after you do next your next priority and they can draft for you.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Lythand

Ransac said:
You can tell someone that doesn't draft until after you do next your next priority and they can draft for you.

Ransac, cpa trash man

HUH?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
What he means is that you could do something like what Spiderman did. When he knew he was going to be gone, he sent TomB his priorities, so that if no one picked those cards, TomB could just list each as having been drafted by Spiderman when Spidey's turn came around...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Have you been getting updates before and just this time it didn't work?

It's up to the majority, but since Lythand is normally reliable, I'm willing to let him have his catch-up pick on his next round. But only this once :)

However, I also understand that it could be an advantage and not "bending the rules" and have to wait to the end, so that's why I'll defer to the majority.

L

Lythand

I can wait if I have to..Its just one card...

And to answer your question spidey..this happens on and off.. SOmetimes I get updates..and sometimes I don't. And thats for all the threads.

D

DarthFerret

I say go ahead, but at the same time, I will be picking my card tommorrow morning sometime....(don't want to lose out on my pick!)....

*grin*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, no one else has chosen to chime in so go ahead and catch up before DF picks, Lythand.

And that's weird about the updates... maybe sometimes the notifications are being sent to Junk mail or being flagged as spam? Just goes to show you gotta check every day! :)

D

DarthFerret

I will wait until sometime around 10:00 CST to make my pick so that Lythand has half a chance.

L

Lythand

Ill just wait till the end since its already passed me up.

No big deal.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I talked to Homestar yesterday. When I told him he'd been skipped a lot in the draft, he said he knew, but that he had quit Magic. Just thought I'd pass that on to the rest of you...

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If that's the case, it brings our player total to 8 players, perfect for a tournament.

As far as the cards he drafted are concerned, I say just leave them floating in the abyss where they are.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Let's leave his cards on the list, though, so we know what not to draft.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Tag Guard