The "Let's Design a Set Together" Game

L

Limited

I think it can't hurt to make cycles of everything; not every cycle has to make it to the set unscathed :D

I like the new ones, but perhaps they could vary a bit more in p/t.. a 2/3 with this ability would be okay.. Or a 0/5..

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I think it can't hurt to make cycles of everything; not every cycle has to make it to the set unscathed :D

I like the new ones, but perhaps they could vary a bit more in p/t.. a 2/3 with this ability would be okay.. Or a 0/5..
I think the defense has to be fairly big to survive the First Strike.
and who would block a 0/5 creature that can't be pumped?

If none of them make the set, that's fine.

L

Limited

You could make the black one 0/5 and give him an ability like Guiltfeeder? Or make him very cheap so its fun with Ninja's?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
You could make the black one 0/5 and give him an ability like Guiltfeeder? Or make him very cheap so its fun with Ninja's?
Like:
Whenever <THIS> attacks and isn't blocked, defending player loses 1 life for each card you own that has been RFG.

L

Limited

Good one!

Allthough it does refer to the number of cards removed from the game, and you know how I feel about that ;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Good one!

Allthough it does refer to the number of cards removed from the game, and you know how I feel about that ;)
Like:
Whenever <THIS> attacks and isn't blocked, defending player loses 1 life for each non-basic land card you own that has been RFG.

or
Whenever <THIS> attacks and isn't blocked, defending player loses 1 life for each black card you own that has been RFG.

L

Limited

If you can think of a variation that doesn't have the words 'for each' I'd be one happy camper..

but I think that might prove difficult.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Max of 5?

Whenever <THIS> attacks and isn't blocked, defending player loses 1 life for each basic land type among land cards that have been RFG.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Volatile Guard
4WW
Creature - Warrior
Flying
When <this> becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets First strike, <THIS> gets +X/+0 for each combat damage dealt to <THIS>, until EOT.
All other effects that alter power and/or toughness have no effect on <THIS>.
1/6

Dark Guard
1BB
Creature - Warrior Berserker
When <this> becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets First strike, <THIS> gets +X/+0 for each combat damage dealt to <THIS>, until EOT.
Whenever <THIS> attacks and isn't blocked, defending player loses 1 life for each basic land type among land cards that have been RFG.
0/5

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
This could be a nice combo with these last 3 creatures....

Card Name: Rus Burial Rites
Color: B
Cost: 2BBB
Type: Enchantment
Pow/Tgh:
Rules Text: When Black Enchantment 1 comes into play, you may pay X. Put X plague counters on Black Enchantment 1
All creatures have –X/-X, where X is equal to the amount of plague counters on Black Enchantment 1.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Synergy..... NOW we're getting somewhere. My opinion has been changed. Perhaps not so much a cycle of these creatures, but a nice establishment of them (big ones, small ones, etc.)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Damn you.... catching me while I'm enjoying slacking off.

Elvish Tactician
G
Creature - Elvish Berserker
<this> gains +1/+1 whenever it blocks
It's fun to capitalize on your foe's mistakes!
0/2

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
Elvish Tactician
G
Creature - Elvish Berserker
<this> gains +1/+1 whenever it blocks
It's fun to capitalize on your foe's mistakes!
0/2
Berserkers rule!!!!!!!!

This is really to let me know where to start with new cards. It's a lot of work keeping this all together.

L

Limited

And now, for something completely different:

Birring Boar 2GG
Creature - Boar
Dash - GG (f you would draw a card, instead you may GG. If you do, you may play <this> without paying its manacost. Otherwise, draw a card.)
4/4

The idea of Dash is that cards don't have the drawback of having to discard a card, but skip drawing a card. It also gives you the advantage of being able to play it as an instant, if you are packing some instant carddrawing.

Plus, it gives you neat little tricks like:

Pygmy Phantom 2B
Creature - Spirit
Dash B - (f you would draw a card, instead you may B. If you do, you may play <this> without paying its manacost. Otherwise, draw a card.)
When <this> comes into play, draw a card.
0/2

What the heck, I'll make a blue one as well:

Wizzing Cavilis 1UU
Creature - Faerie
Dash - U
Flying
2/1

And now for some messing with the mechanic:

Sanguine Varmint 3BBB
Creature - Horror
If an opponent has five or less life, if <this> is in your hand, <this> gains "Dash - BB"
Fear
5/4

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
And now, for something completely different:

Birring Boar 2GG
Creature - Boar
Dash - GG (f you would draw a card, instead you may GG. If you do, you may play <this> without paying its manacost. Otherwise, draw a card.)
4/4

The idea of Dash is that cards don't have the drawback of having to discard a card, but skip drawing a card. It also gives you the advantage of being able to play it as an instant, if you are packing some instant carddrawing.

Plus, it gives you neat little tricks like:

Pygmy Phantom 2B
Creature - Spirit
Dash B - (f you would draw a card, instead you may B. If you do, you may play <this> without paying its manacost. Otherwise, draw a card.)
When <this> comes into play, draw a card.
0/2

What the heck, I'll make a blue one as well:

Wizzing Cavilis 1UU
Creature - Faerie
Dash - U
Flying
2/1

And now for some messing with the mechanic:

Sanguine Varmint 3BBB
Creature - Horror
If an opponent has five or less life, if <this> is in your hand, <this> gains "Dash - BB"
Fear
5/4

I think you have to up the Dash costs some or there is no reason, well not much, to hard casting it.

What if all the dash costs were generic and 1 more than the CC?

L

Limited

Playing it through Dash costs you a card: so in that respect it should be cheaper than the original cc. Being able to play them when you could play instants is a benefit, but that requires some other card/effect that lets you draw cards.

I do like the idea of a generic dash cost though.. it be kinda like playing the zombie from scourge in a non-black morph deck. ... (Zombie Cutthroat). But I don't think Dash should be generic by default; it would mix colors too much.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm not saying that the cost of Dash should be more than the casting cost, but some of your costs are a bit much.

Think of it as: Archivist turns into "T: Play target card in your hand as an instant".

I think some of the costs need to be tweaked.

Ransac, cpa trash man