The "Let's Design a Set Together" Game

L

Limited

But Archivist is already good.. "T: draw a card" is already a good ability. Thats why they put it on a 1/1 that costs four mana.

Consider the following card:
FlashBang Drake U
Creature - Drake
Flash (you may this spell whenever you could play an instant)
Flying
When <this> comes into play, the next time you would draw a card, skip that draw.
2/1

This is clearly a good card, but not really a lot better than something like Spindrift Drake; the Dash version above is better, because you can also play it regularly, but is worse because you need something else to enable playing it.

But I'd be willing to up the Dash costs a little.. :)()

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I agree the costs need to reflect what you are getting.

The other things were just quick suggestions. Feel free to ignore them.

Maybe add 1 generic mana to them.

Then the inevitable:

Hidden Trap
Artifact
All Dash costs are increased by 3.
C

hahahahaha...... I'm kidding

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What???????
That would be an exremely narrow focused card..........
Maybe there is another way to word it to make it more usable.

Say..... all alternative CC are increased by 3.......
Or Wherever a player plays a creature spell outside their own main phase, that player takes damage equal to the convert CC of the creature played.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Stop it trashman and get back to the real cards........

Thiese are the changes I see.

Birring Boar 2GG
Creature - Boar
Dash - 1GG (f you would draw a card, instead you may GG. If you do, you may play <this> without paying its manacost. Otherwise, draw a card.)
4/4

A 4/4 on turn 2 is way too good.

Pygmy Phantom 2B
Creature - Spirit
Dash B - (f you would draw a card, instead you may B. If you do, you may play <this> without paying its manacost. Otherwise, draw a card.)
When <this> comes into play, draw a card.
0/2

This one is just cast this card for B at instant speed...... It should be a cantrip card..... draw a card the next time your opponent would draw a card..... or during the next upkeep.

Wizzing Cavilis 1UU
Creature - Faerie
Dash - 1U
Flying
2/1

And now for some messing with the mechanic:

Sanguine Varmint 3BBB
Creature - Horror
If an opponent has five or less life, if <this> is in your hand, <this> gains "Dash - 1BB"
Fear
5/4

L

Limited

I can agree with all the changes, except for the Pygmy Phantom.. Sure, sometimes its a instant creature for only B.. but its only 0/2! That should be too broken, right?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I can agree with all the changes, except for the Pygmy Phantom.. Sure, sometimes its a instant creature for only B.. but its only 0/2! That should be too broken, right?
Except that you get to draw a card, so where is the drawback?
I like that the only time you can play them as a instant is when you could draw a card, but really......
Turn 2 get an 0/2 blocker and still draw a card?

L

Limited

Well.. it still costs B. We could make it 0/1 to really emphasize its only function: chump!

L

Limited

New card:

Frenzy Elemental RRR
Creature - Elemental
Haste
At the end of your turn, each opponent may tap a creature you control. If a player taps a creature in this way, the creature deals damage equal to its power to that player.
3/3

L

Limited

(hmmm.. looking back, I realize the FlashBang Drake is ridiculously good. What a way to make a point :( )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
New one:

No Name yet...
Enchantment- Aura

When <THIS> CIP, destroy all lands and non-creature artifacts, then each player put all creatures from their hand(s) into play.

Players can not cast creature spells.

At the begining of each players upkeep, that player may search their library for a creature card and put it into play.

All creatures must attack each turn if able.
All creatures must block each turn if able.
Players can not skip their combat step.

L

Limited

Thats a lot of text. Which is to say, there is a lot going on.. It destroys all lands, put a lot of creatures in play, and provides a long term .. :confused:
Why is it an Aura? Why are all creatures forced to attack and block? Doesn't that take away all influence players have? The only choice players are left with is which creature to search for.

To get the heart (or rather, one of the hearts) of this card, how about:

Primal Struggle 4GG
Enchantment
Players cannot play spells.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player may search their library for a creature card and put into play

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
OOOOO!!!! Even further tweaking this card!!!!

Primal Struggle 3GGG
Enchantment
Players cannot play spells or lands.
When <THIS> comes into play, destroy all non-creature permanents except for <this>.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player may search their library for a creature card and put into play.
All creatures must attack if able.

Me likey........ a lot!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Primal Struggle 3GGG
Enchantment
Players cannot play creature spells. restrict creatures per turn
When <THIS> comes into play, destroy all non-creature permanents except for <this>. Reset
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player may search their library for a creature card and put into play. Get a creature every turn for nothing
All creatures must attack if able. Battle, not combos, sort of

I was thinking of Ragnarok, where everyone is called to the final battle..
So clear the board of everytning but creatures, put creatures into battle and make them fight.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Primal Struggle 3GGG
Enchantment
Players cannot play creature spells. restrict creatures per turn
When <THIS> comes into play, destroy all non-creature permanents except for <this>. Reset
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player may search their library for a creature card and put into play. Get a creature every turn for nothing
All creatures must attack if able. Battle, not combos, sort of
Thanks for the explanations, I really had no idea what all those different sentences on the card actually meant :mad:

I still think this card is an attempt to change as many rules as possible and won't be a lot of fun to play with, but I'll assume I'm outvoted..

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
What if we make it harder to cast, like a higher CC or you have to have a certain number of permanents to sacrifice.

Ransac, cpa trash man