Not open for further replies.
M

Modus Pwnens

Same here, I'm just waiting for the Fat lady.. ehm man to sing :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Modus Pwnens said:
Same here, I'm just waiting for the Fat lady.. ehm man to sing :D

Fat my foot! Opera is pushing the stereotypical "fat opera singer" image out the door!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
Fat my foot! Opera is pushing the stereotypical "fat opera singer" image out the door!

Ransac, cpa trash man
Why are they out of food? :D
I just couldn't resist........ I am a BAAAAD man...... :cool:

M

Modus Pwnens

By the way, I can only play one match at a time, since I'm using the old-fashioned "paper-cards"-method :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Time to start up the 3-round matches. I've created threads for the two games that have not yet begun and I'll be PM-ing everyone with a reminder of their games. For now, I'm going to call the SM-Rakarth game a draw and let Ransac and MP finish up their game. I'm also going to extend the deadline for this round by a week so that any slow-moving games have a chance to get caught up. If any games from the first three aren't about wrapped by August 4, they'll be decided at my discretion (because I'm evil like that.)

Speaking of evil, I've also thought up a way to decide these slow moving matches. Starting with the 4th round, every time a player goes 24 hours without responding to their game, they will lose 1 life point. After 48 hours, they will lose 2 more life; 72 hours - 3 more life, etc. So if you're looking to die as quickly as possible, just go 6 straight days without responding. Weekends still won't count. If anyone thinks this is unfair or has some other suggestions, please let me know.

Round 3 Matches
Budget Player Cadet vs. Melkor (Feature Match)
Mooseman vs. Ransac
BigBlue vs. Rakarth
Modus Pwnens vs. Rokapoke
DarthFerret vs Spiderman

M

Modus Pwnens

Feature match?

Oh well, i think it's a bit weird to lose to after 48, while losing 3 after 36..

turgy22

Nothing Special
Nothing special about a feature match. I just noticed that BPC and Melkor are both undefeated, so it's like the marquee game of the week. I may or may not label future games as such in the future.

Modus: Oops... nevermind... that was a typo... should be 72 hours. Man, I'm really on the ball today. :eek:

B

BigBlue

To Clarify the league's status right now...

We're still in Week 4 this week? Given all the vacations etc...

When are we supposed to start Week 5 games and when is the new life loss policy going into effect?

I ask this because I'm taking 2 days off this week and won't be posting much those days if at all...

And I'm taking a week of vacation next month when the same will apply...

Thanks!

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, we're still in week 3.
Week 4 starts on August 4 and that's when the life-loss rules go into effect.
If you're anticipating any extended leave, you can either find someone to sub for you (hint: I'm not doing anything right now) for a few turns or else just accept the single game loss and move on.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wait...... week 4 started today?..... then what have we been doing playing Week 4 already?!

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Time to start up the 4th-round matches. I've only needed to create one thread this time for the game between Melkor and Rakarth. Everyone else has already started and Ransac and BPC have already finished. The only 3rd-round match left to conclude is between Spiderman and DarthFerret and it's moving along nicely, so I'm going to let that one play out.

I'd also like to remind everyone that today officially begins the lack of response life-loss rule. To reiterate, every time a player goes 24 hours without responding to their game, they will lose 1 life point. After 48 hours, they will lose 2 more life; 72 hours - 3 more life, etc. I'll try and go through the games once a day and update the life totals when relevant, but anyone can do the same if they notice their opponent or any other player lagging. Just try to be sure that the appropriate amount of time has passed before making any changes.

Round 4 Matches
Mooseman vs. Rokapoke
BigBlue vs. DarthFerret
Budget Player Cadet vs. Ransac (over)
Melkor vs. Rakarth
Modus Pwnens vs Spiderman

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The mooseman wins one in round 4..... I thought it wasn't until the last week i'd get a forfeit due to a computer crash.....

Status
Not open for further replies.