Team-made set...

N

NeuroDeus

Let's cut out the Ground Superiority and keep the Air one. I like the new keepers a lot :).

New card :

Diabolic Plans
2BB
Sorcery
Draw cards until you have seven. Remove all cards in your library and graveyard out of the game. Put all cards from your hand on your new library in any order you want. Take 2 cards removed from the game.

About the names of all the cards I have put up lately need a bit of name change. Keeper of Faith needs changing... thoughts?

S

Sidar Jabari

The life loss on the Lochs of Dread is too much, it turns them into substandard painlands.

How about making them into 'little' Undiscovered Paradise.

Lochs of Dread
Land
Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool
Tap: Add U or B to your mana pool. Return Lochs of Dread to your hand at the end of the turn.

Your legendary land and Diseaesd Lands are MENTAL!! Dealing unpreventable, colourless damage to anything that taps? Draw an extra card every turn at the cost of not being able to play any land? Mercadian Atlas does that and costs 5!!

Heres some fixes of the legendary lands going about.

Nether Citadel
Legendary Land
When Nether Citadel comes into play lose 1 life
Whenever any ceature becomes tapped, Nether Citadel deals 1 damage to it.
If you play a land, return Nether Citadel to it's owners hand

Athaneum
Legendary Land
During your upkeep, put a power token on Athaneum
Remove three power tokens from Athaneum: Draw a card.
If you play a land, return Athaneum to it's owners hand

River of Souls
Legendary Land
Whenever a player successfully casts a creature spell gain one life.
Whenever a creature goes into a graveyard from play gain one life.

N

NeuroDeus

Anybody is goind to take care to put up the whole of the cards in a file so that people can download it and express there view on each single card...

about Diseased Lands : change the name but leave it to 3 damage. It deals 3 damage to all creatures.... not just opponenets

D

DÛke

...Sidar, I don't multicolorize cards that are good. Your cards are good so far...almost need no revision. :)

FoR, "Cleansing Sweep" could be called "Nirvana". Yes, I know it's a band...but the name does suit the card.

I have a card idea that I must add or else I'll forget:

___
Engross (1U)
Instant
Play Engross only at the beginning of target player's upkeep step. Tap target permanent that player controls.
That player sacrifices that permanent unless he or she pays its casting cost.
___

What do you guys think? It "echos" a permanent. I believe it will be very useful in both control and non-control decks due to the "time walking" aspect. The more you think about it, the more powerful it becomes...

And here's 2 random cards that just arrived my mind:
___
Discrimination (1UB)
Instant
Choose a creature type. Tap all creatures of the chosen type.
Creatures tapped this way don't untap during their controller's next untap step.
___

It cant vitually take care of Fires all by itself. No Blastoderms...and NO Saproling tokens from Saproling Burst...
They'll fade away...What Rebels, Slivers, Mercenaries? It's good because you could use it early, not because it's somethin' too powerful...

And finally:
___
Fizzle (1U)
Instant
Counter target spell that targets a permanent.
You may return that permanent back to owner's hand.
___

Highly useful, don't you think?

Weekend is comin' up, and I might have time to comment some cards...

L

Landkiller

Blood Prophet R
Creature - Madman
B, Sacrifice a creature, T : Draw two cards.
1/1

Dungeon of Irg 1B
Enchantment
Whenever a creature leaves play, instead remove that creature from the game.
Whenever Dungeon of Irg leaves play, return all creatures it removed from the game into play tapped, and remove Dungeon of Irg from the game.
Pay 4 life : Sacrifice Dungeon of Irg

Elemental Blessing 1GWU
Instant
Lose one life.
Choose One : All creatures you control untap and gain flying this turn; Destroy all creatures without forestwalk; or Gain 3 life for each creature you control.

Millenium of Decay 1GRB
Instant
Lose one life.
Choose One : Destroy all artifacts, and deal 1 damage to target player for each artifact destroyed; Destroy all non-basic lands, and gain 1 life for each land destroyed; or All creatures you control gain trample and whenever a creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, that player discards a card at random.

Holy Flames 1GRW
Instant
Lose one life.
Choose One : Shuffle all creatures into their owners' library; Whenever a creature comes into play this turn, that creature deals damage equal to it's power to any target creature or player; or choose any creature in your graveyard and return it to play.

D

Duster

I'd like to keep the bouncelands tri-colored.
So how about...

Lochs of Dread
Land

~this~ comes into play tapped.
T: Add U to your mana pool.
T: Add B or W to your mana pool and return ~this~ to your hand.

As for Athenaeum, how about...

Athenaeum
Legendary Land

T: Draw a card and skip your next turns' draw step. Return ~this~ to your hand.

or

Athenaeum
Legendary Land
T: Draw a card and remove ~this~ from the game.

I like the current version of Nether Citadel, but maybe we could work on the name some more.

River of Souls also looks good :) Maybe we could add some kind of bounce mechanic to that as well?

S'all for now,
Dustin

N

NeuroDeus

Tyranny's Tower
Legendary Land
Whenever Tyranny's Tower comes into play lose 1 life.
Whenever any ceature becomes tapped, Tyranny's Tower deals 1 damage to it and it does not untap during it's controllers next untap phase.
If you play a land, return Tyranny's Tower to its owner's hand.
"A place of dread and terror"

You people like this version?

C

Cateran Emperor

One little tweak:

Tyrant's Sanctuary
Land
At the beginning of your upkeep, pay BB or sacrifice Tyrant's Sanctuary
Whenever a creature with power three or greater taps, return Tyrant's Sanctuary to its owner's hand and destroy all creatures with toughness two or less.

Wacky huh? I tried to make it the ultimate anti-weenie card, and then made it a non-Legendary Land. Multiple copies of it in play are detrimental after all, so there's no need for it. Now, let me see if I can fix my earlier stuff.

Negation - Make it UB
Absolution - Make it UW

Kashnak Demon
3BB
Creature - Demon; 4/3
Flying.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have two or more cards in hand than target opponent, you may return Kashnak Demon from your graveyard to play.

Braenir Angel
3WW
Creature - Angel; 3/4
Flying.
Whenever Braenir Angel deals combat damage to a player, you may remove up to three creatures that player controls from the game. Return them to play under their owner's control at the end of your next turn.

S

Sidar Jabari

Unfortunately, both your Athaneum ideas are a tiny bit weak.

The first version alows you to draw a card every turn (Just like you normally do) at the low, low cost of not being able to play any other lands. Not too hot.The other version does nothing. It's just a slow cantrip. It's worse than Opt. I'm not trying to disrespect your ideas, I appreciate how hard it is to balance lands, and you've done a good job on Locks of Dread! ;)

My version gives you an extra card every three turns as long as you don't play any lands. Which is quite fair, I think.

Anyway, back to the Locks of Dread. I really like your new version.
Lets have a look at how it works.

1st turn played: Does nothing

Every other turn: Make U and play a different land, make W and replay the lochs OR make B and replay the lochs.

Nice and balanced.

Now, onto Tyrannys Tower/ Tyrants Sanctuary/ Nether Citadel/ Diseased Lands. What ever version were looking at, they hurt weenie decks. Ask yourself, do we really need to do that? Are there any really hard weenie decks out at the moment? Have we even put enough weenies in this set to make weenie decks viable? I think the answer to all of those is no.

And remember, if we put that kind of ability on a land, every one can use it. And they will, just like with Rishidan port. We have to be reeeally careful with lands and artifacts, especially those that deal damage. (Just look at Cursed Scroll and Masticore!) Anyway, I'm sure we'll make a good decision, right?

See ya guys, I'm off for the weekend. Keep those creative juices flowing!

D

DÛke

...cards on this set should not be based on the current T2 environment, or any environment actually. However, the cards should be compatible with the real Magic cards.

Sidar brings-about a good issue that we haven't discussed yet. Since this set is especally original, it is important to have its "own" cards that may work VERY well, but only when working with the set...it's kind of like Urza's Sage and Cycling: WotC gave Cycling its own artifacts: Fluctator. Fluctator is good, in fact, was banned in Urza Block Constructed format. We could have >>few<< cards that are like that, but a bit different, in which these particular cards >>help<< the set MORE than they could actually help the original Magic environments. Fluctator was ONLY good with Cycling - we don't need that - what we need is something that is good all around, yet maybe especially useful with this set.

...I also had an idea...eventaully, we'll have MORE cards for each color than we need. That is very good, since some parts of a color may be redundant. If Black, for example, ends up with 10 creature removal spells, clearly, we'll have to cut down to 3 or 4. This may cause a shortage in the cards for Black...that's why we want MORE cards than what we really need. The cards that get removed this way, especailly the good, unique cards, could be added to the following set.

That is all.

D

Duster

So for Athenaeum, how about... I just changed the name of Sidar's counters and some of the wording :)

Athenaeum
Legendary Land

During your upkeep, you may put a Book counter on ~this~.If a land comes into play under your control, return ~this~ to it's owners hand.
Remove three Book counters from ~this~: Draw a card.

I'm worried about whether or not this would send itself back to your hand when it comes into play. Would this fix that?

Athenaeum
Legendary Land

During your upkeep, you may put a Book counter on ~this~.
If any time after ~this~ is played, a land comes into play under your control, return ~this~ to it's owners hand.
Remove three Book counters from ~this~: Draw a card.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Petite Frame 2W (Or WW)
Instant
A creature of your choice loses all abilities and is a 1/1 creature until end of turn. If the creature originally had a toughness of 1 or less, destroy that creature.

What do you guys think of the name? I wanted to go with Miniturize, but I couldnt figure out how to spell it. Petite Frame works, but it sounds kinda "wussy."

[Upon reflection, because this basically kicks Blastoderms ass, it should defintly be 2W]

F

FoundationOfRancor

Suicidal Cult should be black.
And I agree with Duke, we'll call Cleansing Sweep Nirvana!!!

Blood Prophet:
Lets change it to:

Blood Prophet R
Creature - Prophet
Sacrifice Blood Prophet, sacrifice a land: Draw two cards.
T,B, Sacrifice a creature with toughness greater than two: Draw two cards.
0/1

How does that one look?

Dungeon of Irg:
Whoa, intense. Its like a mini-half living death. I like it, but it might be better to make it cost 2B. Personaly, I like it at 1B though.

Elemental Blessing/Millenium of Decay/Holy Flames: Dont you guys all think there is a little bit to much multi-color in this set? I do, but im not a big fan of gold...so I dunno.
Either way, these cards are awesome! I love the abilites they give!! Very, very creative!

Delay 1U
Enchantment
Delay comes into play with two Dwindle counters on it.
During your upkeep, remove a Dwindle counter from Delay
U: Remove target non-land permanent from the game. When you can no longer remove a Dwindle counter from Delay, return the card back into play under its owners control. You may only use this ability once.

This card can be re-worded in instant form, and that may be a better idea. Its like a reverse fading though.

Natures Benevolence 2GG
Instant
When Natures Benevolence comes into play, sacrifice a creature.
Choose one: All creatures you control get +2+2 and trample untill end of turn; destroy target artifact or land; or return target card from your graveyard to your hand.

Calling Of Ancestors 1BB
Sorcery
When Calling Of Ancestors comes into play, remove all the cards in your graveyard from the game.
Choose one: Destroy target non-basic land; search your library for a card and put that card in your hand, shuffle your library afterwards; or your oppenent loses life equal to the number of swamps you control.

And with all those situational spells, I thought it would be cool to make one crazy, kinky, card from them!

Reserved Tactics 2W
Instant
Gain 10 life if your oppenents life total is above 20.
Return a creature from your graveyard to play if a oppenent destroyed one of your lands this turn.
All your creatures gain protection froma color of your choice untill end of turn if a black spell caused you to lose life this turn.

Trust in Arms W
Enchantment
The controller of your creatures cannot be changed.

Does that make sense? Im trying to word it so no Blue mages can gain control of your creatures.

Mechanical Means 1
Artifact
1, Sacrifice Mechanical Means, Choose one: Remove the top 6 cards of target players library from the game; regenerate target permanent in play; or put a 2/1 thopter token with flying into play.

Well, I gotta go, tell me guys what you think...

D

DÛke

...About the Gold cards, we'll only have a couple in the set. I want the set to be multi-playable, not golden. Cards that are >>better<< when you're not playing mono are cooler and happen to be better than just straight out gold cards. However, it doesn't hurt to have more cards than what we need, since we might need to take out some cards from the set and add other ones due to redundance and such issues.

For your cards, Casey:

Delay is weird. I can't understand it...anyway, Blue is not supposed to remove >>any<< permanent from the game. Only lands, and >>maybe<< creatures.

Natures Benevolence is cool. Did you take any drugs, FoR? These cards are really good...

Calling Of Ancestors is great. The only thing is that the removing of the graveyard is >>not<< that big of a deal. We need a drawback that is more universal, meaning that it hurts the player wheather he or she is playing animation spells or not. The card would be good at 2BB. That's all we need to do to it. Cool name, by the way.

Reserved Tactics is trying to do too many things at once. Cards like that are usually to obsecure, and need further explination. Like I said before about one of your cards, FoR...make the drawbacks and advantages >>associated<< with what the card does...if you're gonna return a creature from the graveyard, make it like this:

Reserved Tactics (2W)
Instant
Choose a creature in your graveyard that left play this turn.
Put that creature into play under your control.
If you have less life than your opponent, gain an amount of life equal to that creature's total mana cost.

I think this version is more "Magic"-al.

Trust in Arms is too narrow. It's ok to have such weird mechanics, but make the card more playable and not so restrictive.

Trust in Arms (1W)
Enchantment
When a creature leaves your control, you may pay 2. If you do, return that creature back to owner's hand.

This is better, because it does the exact same thing your card does, but for mana...the only difference is that it also works when a creature is put into the graveyard from play, in which case you could pay 2 to put that creature into your hand instead - which is very helpful...

Mechanical Means might be too powerful. It's too flexible to cost (1). At the cost of 2, however, it works out pretty nicely.

Well, here are some of my Green ideas:

Mythos (1G)
Sorcery
Choose 2 cards in your graveyard. Target opponent chooses 1 of those cards. Put the chosen card into your hand, and remove the other from the game.

Circle of Life (3G)
Sorcery
Remove the top card of your library from the game.
If that card is a creature or a land card, you may put it into play under your control. Otherwise, you may gain an amount of life equal to that card's total mana cost.

Crouching Tiger (1G)(2/2)
Creature - Tiger
As long as Crouching Tiger is not attacking, Crouching Tiger can't be the target of spells or abilities.

Hidden Dragon (5GG)(6/6)
Creature - Dragon
As long as Hidden Dragon is not attacking, Hidden Dragon can't be the target of spells or abilities.
G: Hidden Dragon gains -3/-3 and flying until end of the turn.
"You don't see it, but it's there."

Enforcement (1G)
Enchant - Creature
When enchanted creature is put into the graveyard from play, that creature's controller may search his or her library for a copy of that creature card and puts it into play under owner's control. That player shuffles his or her library.
"Tied by nature."

Growth Spurt (1G)
Sorcery
Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
If that creature has 2 or more +1/+1 counters on it, put another +1/+1 counter on that creature.
"Nature offers many things...one of them is rapid evolution..."

Bursting Beast (G)(1/1)
Creature - Beast
At the beginning of your upkeep step, if Bursting Beast has 3 or more +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice it.
Whenever a spell is cast, put a +1/+1 counter on Bursting Beast.
"Its unstability had destroyed it...after destroying many lives..."

Excised Elf (G)(1/1)
Creature - Elf
Whenever you cast a Green spell, sacrifice Excised Elf.
Tap: Add one mana of anyone color to your mana pool.
"Excised by the forest. Adopted by nature."

Well...

S

Sammy Dead-O

Can anyone suggest cards here? Or is there a defined R&D team that is creating all the cards?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Delay:
Ok, when this sucker enters play, it removes a non-land permenent from the game for 3 turns. Then the removed thing comes back.

Calling Of Ancestors:
This was originally at 2BB, but it was too weak with the options I gave. After I made it 1BB, I tinkered with the charm options, and I guess I forgot to calculate in the cost. Oh well, theres two ways we can go with this:

1.)
Calling Of Ancestors 1BB
Sorcery
When Calling Of Ancestors comes into play, discard your hand.
Choose one: Destroy target non-basic land; search your library for a card and put that card in your hand, shuffle your library afterwards; or your oppenent loses life equal to the number of swamps you control.

Or

2.)
Calling Of Ancestors 2BB
Sorcery
When Calling Of Ancestors comes into play, remove all the cards in your graveyard from the game.

I wanna change the first option to something like 'Remove up to 4 cards in target players library from the game" but I think the non-basic thing is better.

Reserved Tactics:
Lets cut.

Trust in Arms:
I like your new version Duke.

Mechanical Means:
We should probablly raise the cc to 2, and change the thopter token to a 2/2.

Now on to your cards Duke:

Mythos:
Balanced, reminds me of a mechanic we had in the sliver set...*tear runs down cheek*

Circle of Life:
This looks cool, but I suggest a name change. How about "Balanced Risk" ?

Crouching Tiger:
Looks pretty good, tad on the powerful side though.

Hidden Dragon:
Looks good, but if its jsut gonna be a vanilla creature (Or a 3/3 flyer for 6+ mana) then it should cost 4GG. Maybe make it a 5/6 then. Also, I think another name is needed.

Enforcement:
Like a more specific patterns of rebirth, looks good!
Why enforcment though? Wouldnt something like 'Ties of Nature" be better?

Growth Spurt:
It should probablly be G to make it playable. Or you could keep the cc at 1G and make it a cantrip just to be fun:)

Bursting Beast:
Hmmm....makes your oppenent race to play spells. I like it. In fact, we should look into it more with a bigger creature somewhere in the set.

Excised Elf:
Interesting and surely good. But not broken.

D

DÛke

...Sammy, anyone could sumbit cards. Please do if you wish!

The second I saw Calling of Ancestors, and saw that it's Black, I knew it was gonna be somethin' to do with the graveyard somehow. I was right: the drawback did. For this sudden instinct of mine, I think we should go with option 2 of Calling Of Ancestors, FoR. It looks really good. About the removing 4 cards, forget it - it makes it sound like a Blue card. Stick with the non-basic land option.

Mechanical Means can't cost (2) and give you a 2/2 flier, simply because it's an artifact...meaning that any color could add it. It is already very good, due to the status of being an artifact AND having flexibility. Keep the creature 2/1...this way, we could make the card common...a VERY solid common.

And...the comment you made about my cards:

Circle of Life - I would like to keep its name. Lands and creatures are all part of nature...part of a cycle...I imagened the card's art would be somethin' like an ancient, circular symbol on the grounds of an "ancient", inoccupied forest. The symbol is glowing with yellowish light...and the whole forest actually flickers with that light...That's how I came up with the name...sometimes thinkin' of the card's art instantly provides me with a name.

Crouching Tiger - It could be too powerful, but come on...it's time for a new Grizzly Bear, don't you think? No one really plays the Bear, and since Crouching Tiger only have the ability if its not attacking, it shouldn't be that powerful, just helpful.

Hidden Dragon - I kind of agree, but Green rarely should get fliers...especially good, fat ones. I don't think its that bad at what it's at. A 6/6 that can't be killed unless it's attacking is good. Anyway, I have another version:

Hidden Dragon (4GG)(6/6)
Creature - Dragon
As long as Hidden Dragon is not attacking, Hidden Dragon can't be the target of spells or abilities.
0: Hidden Dragon gains Flying until end of the turn. It gains -3/-3 unless you pay 3G.

This one should be better. A 6/6 for 6 mana that can't be killed easily is SO good (we might need to raise the CC back to 5GG). It can gain flying at the cost of being weak...unless you pay the 3G, that is. What do you think?

Enforcement - "Ties of Nature" does sound better for a name...it also gives me another name: "Bonds of Nature".

Growth Spurt - Ok, let's make it cost (G).

Bursting Beast - I'm glad you like the idea, FoR. I actually have more of these types of creatures made for each color...I do have the "fat" version of Bursting Beast already :). I also have the Blue version, which DOES want you to play spells (to counter them :D)...I have all copies made...

Excised Elf - I also have the "Excised" creature cycle. It encourages multi-colored decks. I have 2 "Excised" cards for each color...

F

FoundationOfRancor

WillStone 1
Artifact
1: Target player puts the top card of their library into their graveyard. Any player may play this ability.

-You see, its a milling race! This might be too powerful in a deck based around it though.

Transmute 1G
Instant
Sacrifice a creature.
Add an amount of mana to your mana pool equal to the casting cost of the sacrificed creature plus 1. This mana can be of any color.

{Just so you all know, Transmute is a tweaked reprint of Metamophosis from Arabian Nights. I always loved that card...}

Conversion of Natives 2UU
Instant
Gain control of target Red or Green creature.

Infected Basilisk 2G
Creature- Basilisk
If Infected Basilisk ever damages a player, thay player must lose two life every upkeep.
0/1

Static Sphere 2R
Creature- Ball Lightning
Haste
If Static Sphere damages any creature, destroy that creature and put a +X/+0 counter on Static Sphere, where X is that creatures power.
1/5

F

FoundationOfRancor

Mechanical Means:
The ability requires 1 to activate. So, in total, it would be a 2/2 flyer for 3, which is good for an artifact.

Crouching Tiger:
Dont get me wrong, I like it. Im just saying its on the tad powerful side. No prob wit dat, homes.

Hidden Dragon:
I like your new version. Two things though. We shouldnt put a 0 as the activation cost, and it needs a new name. Here:

Concealed Dragon 3GGG
Creature- Dragon
As long as Concealed Dragon is not attacking, Concealed Dragon can't be the target of spells or abilities.
During your upkeep, you may decide to give Concealed Dragon flying untill end of turn, if you do, it gets -3-3 untill end of turn. You may pay 3G to ignore this.
6/6

Ok...thats kinda weird....

Bursting Beast:
I dunno if a cycle belongs Duke. I really like the card and mechanic, but we gotta be careful not to just pump the set full of cycles. Thats why I say we vote later for Landkillers charms or mine. Same applies to these 'excised' cards.

Sorry, I spent like, 2 hours on the above post, and I neglected to see your post untill alter duke!

D

DÛke

...Yes, FoR, a 2/2 for (3) colorless mana is good...but we're talkin' about a card that offers you 3 different options...that's enough. A 2/2 would make the card a bit too powerful. Keep it a 2/1.

About my cycles, they're not really "cycles"...just a number of cards that share the same "qualities". That's it. Trust me.

Your new cards:

WillStone is too powerful. Make the activasion ability cost 2.

Transmute is cool, but needs rewording and maybe a rename into "Inner Essence".

Inner Essence (1G)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Inner Essence, sacrifice a creature.
Add X+1 mana of anyone color to your mana pool, where X is the casting cost of the creature sacrificed for Inner Essence.

Conversion of Natives - I don't like it. It's too narrow. Here:

Conversion of Natives (4UU)
Instant
Gain control of target creature.
If the opponent controls a Red or Green creature, Conversion of Natives cost 2 less to play

Infected Basilisk is very unique. May need rewording. I'm timeless right now...maybe later...

Static Sphere is too powerful, plus, Red creatures are not that defensive...a 1/5? Come on...it's more like a W/R card...

Like I said, I'm timeless right now...later...