50 Blue
50 Black
10 Artifacts
12 Gold cards for each 2 allied colors = 60
4 Basic lands for each color = 20
10 Non-basic lands
---------------------
Total = 350

We all agreed at the beginning that we don't want a lot of artifacts - so 10 seems fair.

The 10 non-basic lands could be anything...doesn't have to be a cycle...though 1 cycle of multi lands could help. The other could be random-effect lands...

Any complaints?
Is it possible, maybe in a separate thread, to post up what we have so far? I'd like to help at this point (not in making the cards, but finding a set balance), but I am completely lost in 300+ posts

D

Duster

I think 60 Gold might be a little too high, if we lower it to say 6 gold cards per allied colors, that gives us 30 and we can give 6 more cards to each of the colors individually.

As for a list of what's been done, good luck.
I say we just keep posting ideas and at some point in the future we can analyze what we have. I'd like to get more than just 50 cards for each color so we can weed some out, etc. I don't think we're very close to that with most colors. But that's not to say if we have more cards of a specific color than another, stop posting ideas for the latter color, the better selection, the better set.

I also recommend that everyone browse through the ideas and create a file on their computer where they can store and alter each card the way they feel necessary.

S'all for now,
Dustin

L

Landkiller

I personally feel that 9 gold per allied color would be fine, but not to make room for more colored cards. More artifacts. 10 artifacts is a little low. Maybe 20.

Death Contraption 3
Artifact
You may play Death Contraption as an instant.
When Death Contraption comes into play, both players sacrifice a land.
1, Sacrifice Death Contraption : Deal 1 damage to each creature.

N

NeuroDeus

Better not we stop the cards coming in?
Are we going to nominate the cards for the big set?
I am sure we have enough cards for a Block and to begin the next Block too... :)

D

DÛke

...12 cards maybe too high, I do agree. Though, like we stated, the set need to be on the multi-theme as opposing to mono. We still need to make the set valiable to those who enjoy mono decks though, meaning we'll have about 50% mono-thematic and 50% multi-thematic cards in each color...we should, however, focus MORE on the multi-theme, say about 10 extra percent.

Like Baskil, I feel that we need to some way to bringabout the cards that are for sure in the set. If no one has done it by the weekend, I'll be doin' it myself; and Baskil, thank you for your help, a lot, it will be greatly appreciated. Istanbul left us, to my fragile knowledge, and you could be a great replacement. Thanks in advance. :)

Note that all the cards that we already set aside (the Black, Blue, and Green cards I believe) for the set for sure are not really a "for sure". They are just a more comprehensible list of very possible cards for the set...
...and in fact, we will not be using all of them, since we seem to have multitude of the "same" cards. Like 5 creature instant creature removal for Black, 10 counterspells...and so on.

Some basics we MUST follow:
>>No more than 2 Disenchant-like cards for White
>>No more than 3 Counterspells for Blue
>>No more than 4 Instant/Sorcery creature removal for Black
>>No more than 4 Instant/Sorcery targeted creature damage for Red.
>>No more than 3 Instant/Sorcery targeted creature booster for Green

[Laughs] So far, I think we've broken all these rules, but that's ok. We'll weed out the cards...we'll vote on the main cards (counters, creature removal, boosters...etc) and we'll just add in the good stuff that is unique and playble.
Not to mention we'll also have to consider rarity issues.
So, I don't think I'll be asking much if I ask you guys to asign rarity for your cards as you make them from now on, it really will help us all in the future. Really.

...It is a good idea for sure, to have more cards than what we need in order to fill the empty spots we're gonna have, because we are gonna have a lot of empty holes. Believe me.

Thanks for tolerating...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok...

Question:
Why do we even need to focus half way on multi-color!!!??? Has everyone gone Invasion-Gold mad!!??

S

Sammy Dead-O

I don't know what to say about the gold, since I'm new in here.

If it is used enough, I like the idea of 2cc gold instants like Landkiller posted. Good Omen, Bad Omen, and Mercy Kill are all pretty neat. Maybe the instants can combine color traits for STP-style versatility. Like:

Empowering Jolt (G)(R)
Instant
Target creature gains +3/+3 until end of turn. At end of turn, Empowering Jolt deals 5 damage to that creature.

Triumphant Return (U)(W)
Instant
Return target creature to its owner's hand. Its controller gains 3 life.

Soul Burial (R)(B)
Instant
Destroy target land. Its controller chooses a target player; that player loses 2 life.

Mortal Exchange (B)(U)
Instant
Destroy target nonblack creature. It cannot be regenerated. Its controller may draw a card.

Lyrical Tone (W)(G)
Instant
Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Its controller may put a 1/1 green Elf token into play.

However, I realize that we're trying to limit the number of cycles in the set. I just wanted to post them as ideas.

Wow...there've been a lot of suggestions on here. A somewhat cursory read has brought these to my attention as other cards that I have an immediate fondness for (balance issues aside):

Excised Elf
Bitter Dissension
Tribal Mastodon (I like elephants...)
Leverage
Millatog
Surge Elemental
Decaying Zombie
Rallying Merchant
Energy Manifest, if it can be balanced (maybe it could add 3 black mana?)

A few final notes: If Hyperborean/Icebound Penguin actually goes in, I think it oughta be uncommon.

I kind of like the idea of artifacts that function well for one color only. The Mole Engine I suggested may not be the way to go, but there's potential there. I also went that direction because I thought it'd be more fun than another good 1cc goblin.

And, what the heck, a few lands:

Bauble Mine
Land
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
T: Look at a random card from target opponent's hand.

Snowglobe
Land
U,T: Tap target red creature or Mountain.

Glacial Aviary
Land
T: Target Penguin gains flying until end of turn. :)

D

DÛke

...the emphasis on multi-theme is just for the love for it, not because of an inspiration by WotC...Why should the set be complete mono, and why should it complete multi (almost like Invasion)? Best way is to give everyone what they want...

Sammy, great cards, however, I question their existence in the set; we are not gonna have enough space to add all these super wonderful ideas we have gathered, therefore, a second non-standalone set is a big possibility.
You seem to make many Gold cards, and we're only gonna have about 6 or 7 for each 2 allied colors...

Try making the ideas energizing multi decks without the Gold (see Excised Elf).

Here are some more (new) examples:

Archenemy (1UU)(2/2)
Creature - Rival Mage
Archenemy can't be the target of spells or abilities.
At the beginning of your upkeep step, if Archenemy is in your graveyard, you may put it into play under your control. If you do, you can't play Blue spells this turn.

Chosen Representatives (2W)
Enchantment
Each turn, only one creature of each color may attack.

Mental Starvation (1U)
Enchantment
As Mental Starvation comes into play, choose a color.
Opponent's spells of the chosen color costs 1 more to play.
Your Blue spells cost 1 more to play.

Delirious Research (U)
Instant
Draw 3 cards.
Discard all Blue cards drawn this way.

Harmonic Growth (G)
Sorcery
As an additional cost to play Harmonic Growth, sacrifice a land.
Put a basic land of each type from your hand into play tapped under your control.

L

Landkiller

Starvation 1BB
Enchantment
During your upkeep, put a -1-1 counter on all creatures controlled by the player who controls the most creatures.
Whenever an enchantment comes into play, sacrifice Starvation.

Siege 1RR
Enchantment
The player who controls the fewest creatures skips his or her combat step each turn.
Whenever a creature comes into play, sacrifice Siege.

Manipulation 1UU
Enchantment
The player with the least number of cards in hand must return a permanent to his or her hand as an additional cost to play any spell.
Whenever a player discards a card, return Manipulation to your hand and discard a card.

Solar Halo 1WW
Enchantment
When the player with the lowest life total taps a nonland permanent he or she controls, gain 1 life.
Whenever the player with the lowest life total gains life, sacrifice Solar Halo at the end of the turn.

Superior Position 1GG
Enchantment
If the player who controls the most land attacks, his or her creatures are +2+2.
Whenever you play a land, return Superior Position to the top of your library.

Example W
Instant
If target white creature leaves play this turn, search your library for three copies of that creature and put them into your hand.

L

Landkiller

Here's a cycle of guys I made way back when...each requires a reasonable commitment to a color, and gives that color penalties, with a powerful ability to affect opponent's creatures. Also, naturally strong against monocolored decks of the same color. Also, their legendary status makes things even more messed up.

Best of all, if each player controls a different one...

The Preserver GG2
Creature - Wizard Legend
1 : Target Creature becomes green until end of turn.
Green creatures block if able.
T : The Preserver gets +2 +2 until end of turn.
3/2

The Purifier WW2
Creature - Wizard Legend
1 : Target creature becomes white until end of turn.
White creatures deal no combat damage if blocked.
Does not tap to attack.
2/3

The Enlightener UU2
Creature - Wizard Legend
1 : Target creature becomes blue until end of turn.
Blue creatures cannot attack unless their controller pays an additional 3.
Flying
2/2

The Despoiler RR2
Creature - Wizard Legend
1 : Target creature becomes red until end of turn.
Red Creatures attack if able.
4/2

The Corrupter BB2
Creature - Wizard Legend
1 : Target creature becomes black until end of turn.
Black creatures cannot block.
3/3

C

Cateran Emperor

Kashak Executioner
2BB
Creature - Knight; 3/3
BB, T: Destroy target creature with toughness 3 or less. It can't be regenerated.

Kashak Familiar
B
Creature - Imp; 2/1
Flying.
Whenever you play an Enchantment or Artifact spell, sacrifice Kashak Familiar.

Kashak Negator
BB
Creature - Knight; 8/8
Trample.
You may not play Kashak Negator unless you have no other cards in hand, and have at least two creature cards in your graveyard.

Karrash Dragon
4RR
Creature - Dragon; 5/5
Flying, Haste.
R: +1/+0 until end of turn.
Sacrifice an artifact: Add 1 or R to your mana pool. This mana mana may only be spent to pay Karrash Dragon's mana cost. Use this ability only if Karrash Dragon is in your hand.

Karrash Wurm
4GG
Creature - Wurm; 7/7
Trample.
Sacrifice a land: Add 1 or G to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to pay Karrash Wurm's mana cost. Use this ability only if Karrash Wurm is in your hand.

Karrash Drake
4UU
Creature - Drake; 4/4
Flying, Karrash Drake cannot be the target of spells or effects.
Choose and discard an Instant or Sorcery card: Add 1 or U to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to pay Karrash Drake's mana cost. Use this ability only if Karrash Drake is in your hand.

Karrash Wyvern
4BB
Creature - Wyvern; 5/5
Flying, Fear.
Remove a card in your graveyard from the game: Add 1 or B to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to pay Karrash Wyvern's mana cost. Use this ability only if Karrash Wyvern is in your hand.

Karrash Serpent
4WW
Creature - Serpent; 4/4
First Strike, attacking does not cause Karrash Serpent to tap.
Sacrifice an enchantment: Add 1 or W to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to pay Karrash Serpent's mana cost. Use this ability only if Karrash Serpent is in your hand.

D

Duster

Just so everyone knows, I highly highly doubt we're close to 350 cards, let alone 350 playable cards, or enough cards to go with each color.
We still have a ways to go, so please don't stop sending in the suggestions.
Currently I'm putting finishing touches on a batch of cards I have myself, I'll be submitting them ASAP.

Take it easy,
Dustin

N

NeuroDeus

Ok, It's true, we still need a lot for 350 cards, I'll probably be submitting some myslef tommorrow...

L

Landkiller

Karrash Wyvern is by far the best Karrash Guy.

It's free if you have six cards in your graveyard. You would almost always be able to play this by turn 3-4.

The Wurm is also good, but a lot more risky, since sacrificing land IS a major cost.

C

Cateran Emperor

Making cards is truly the greatest way to use time, hrmm?

Time to head out for some Merfolk. Ah, good old theme decks.

Ranafian Warrior
2U
Creature - Merfolk; 2/2
Return an Island you control to its owner's hand: Add 2 to your mana pool. This mana may only be used to pay Ranafian Warrior's mana cost. Use this ability only if Ranafian Warrior is in your hand.

Ranafian Mage
3U
Creature - Merfolk; 1/3
Return an Island you control to its owner's hand: Add 2 to your mana pool. This mana may only be used to pay Ranafian Mage's mana cost. Use this ability only if Ranafian Mage is in your hand.
1U: Counter target Red instant or sorcery spell unless its controller pays 1.

Ranafian Shaman
3U
Creature - Merfolk; 1/3
Return an Island you control to its owner's hand: Add 2 to your mana pool. This mana may only be used to pay Ranafian Shaman's mana cost. Use this ability only if Ranafian Shaman is in your hand.
1U: Counter target Green creature spell unless its controller pays 1.

Ranafian Knight
4U
Creature - Merfolk, 3/3
Flying, First Strike.
Return an Island you control to its owner's hand: Add 2 to your mana pool. This mana may only be used to pay Ranafian Knight's mana cost. Use this ability only if Ranafian Knight is in your hand.

Ideas: Returning Islands is Blue's ACC payment. Making creatures that do this is just nifty. Feel free to expand on the Ranafians. Other upcoming creature types:

Red: Orcs (Sacrifice a mountain: Add 2)
Green: Elves (???)
Black: Demons (???)
White: ??? (???)

I'll do the Orcs myself, are there any volunteers to do the other creature types. It's really simple, just make an ACC
(for whomever takes up the Merfolk, use bouncing Islands. Blue's been doing that forever ;) ), then design creatures to go with it. We need a LOT more cards yet, and we have yet to have any major creature types in there.

If you go with a different creature type, make sure to make a Lord for yours, as well as a few utility spells (i.e. White should make some kind of Disenchant based off whatever you choose as your ACC, black would make a Duress, and so on)

We need one mage from each color to take this up, so its first-post first-serve (unless the first agrees to collaborate with a few others).

I'll post my first few Orcs tomorrow.

D

DÛke

...good ideas, Cateran Emperor; however, I think that most could be expanded to lend themselves into multi-colored themes.

Just some ideas blazing throughout my mind:

Heavenly Call (8W)
Sorcery
Put all creatures in your graveyard into play under your control.
You may remove any number of creatures you control from the game to have Heavenly Call cost 2 less for each creature removed this way.

Time Travel (8U)
Sorcery
Take an extra turn after this one.
You may return any number of lands you control back to owner's hand to have Time Travel cost 2 less to play for each land returned this way.

Blood Thought (8B)
Sorcery
Target player loses 6 life and you gain 6 life.
You may discard any number of cards from your hand to have Blood Thought cost 2 less for each card discarded this way.

Tribal Chant(8G)
Sorcery
Add 9 mana of anyone color to your mana pool.
You may sacrifice any number of creatures to have Tribal Chant cost 2 less to play for each creature sacrificed this way.

Invoke Crisis (8R)
Sorcery
Invoke Crisis deals 6 damage to target creature or player.
Invoke Crisis can't be countered, and damage dealt by it can't be prevented.
You may sacrifice any number of lands to have Invoke Crisis cost 2 less to play for each land sacrificed this way.

C

Cateran Emperor

Why the deuce I'm still awake, I have no idea. Still though, lemme get started here on the Red stuff. A small bit of Burn comes first.

Fire Cascade
3R
Instant
You may sacrifice a Mountain instead of paying Fire Cascade's mana cost.
Fire Cascade deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

Rain of Fire
6RR
Instant
You may sacrifice three Mountains instead of paying Rain of Fire's mana cost.
Rain of Fire deals 4 damage to all nonred creatures. Creatures destroyed in this way can't be regenerated.

Now, for sleep...

D

DÛke

...ideas, Cateran Emperor, but I think we could make that ACC-like effect into the multi-thematic theme. It would be fun.

I have some lands:

Mythical Ruins
Land
Whenever a permanent you control leaves play, you may sacrifice Mythical Ruins. If you do, draw a card.
Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool.

Marsh Extracts
Land
As Marsh Extracts comes into play, you may add BB to your mana pool.
You can’t play Swamps.
Tap: Add B to your mana pool.

Illicit Academy
Land
As Illicit Academy comes into play, you may draw 3 cards.
Whenever you cast a Blue spell, discard your hand.
Tap: Add U to your mana pool.

Crisis Hills
Land
As Crisis Hills comes into play, you may have Crisis Hills deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
Whenever you cast a Red spell, Crisis Hills deals 1 damage to you.
Tap: Add R to your mana pool.

Restraining Nature
Land
As Restraining Nature comes into play, you may put a creature from your hand into play under your control.
You can’t play Green creatures.
Tap: Add G to your mana pool.

Unholy Cathedral
Land
As Unholy Cathedral comes into play, you may choose to gain 3 life.
You may only cast 1 White spell each turn.
Tap: Add W to your mana pool.

C

Cateran Emperor

Whoa there, those are an excellent idea DUke. However Illicit Academy is broken beyond belief. Remember, blue has bounce spells, making this a psychotic card-drawing engine.

Some more possible lands

Black Land
Land
As ~ comes into play, sacrifice a swamp.
~ cannot be the target of spells or effects.
Creatures you contol have "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may choose to have that player choose and discard a card from their hand."
T: Add B to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to play creature spells.

Blue Land
Land
As ~ comes into play, sacrifice an island.
Creatures you contol have "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card."
T: Add U to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to play creature spells.

White Land
Land
As ~ comes into play, sacrifice a plains.
Creatures you contol have "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target enchantment that player controls."
T: Add W to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to play creature spells.

Green Land
Land
As ~ comes into play, sacrifice a forest.
Creatures you contol have "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library for a basic land card and put that land into play. Then shuffle your library."
T: Add G to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to play creature spells.

Red Land
Land
As ~ comes into play, sacrifice a mountain.
Creatures you contol have "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may have that player sacrifice a land."
T: Add R to your mana pool. This mana may only be spent to play creature spells.