Survivor: Pearl Islands

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else watching this (I'm guessing at least train)? Hard to form an attachment yet, but from what they showed I agreed that Nicole had to go... she tried too much too soon.

T

train

She did try too much too soon...

What'd you think of all the blurred scenes on your screen during the episode...

And Girl Scout momma - she's good to have around - but she started the fire with a candle and lighter!!!...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm a big Fan of the Bearded Guy. Anyone who steals the opposing teams shoes and trades them for a pineapple and a knife is ok in my book:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We actually almost missed the Challenge... we thought it was only an hour and stopped taping, only to see it was still going on so we put the Record back on. Good thing it was on Sunday again :)

I don't know about the blurriness - I mean, they were competing and all and trying to keep comraderie, but was it really necessary? Somehow I doubt it...

The bearded guy, Rupert, is turning out to be slightly hilarious.... when I first saw he was stealing shoes, I was like what? I mean, technically it's legal I guess, but not ethical... but they didn't show any reaction from the other team! I don't know if that meant they thought the natives stole them or they just forgot or let it go or whatever...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Rupert is turning into a whiner with his "my gun" stuff... And can't tell if Osten really wants to leave or it was part of his strategy to throw Ryan and Lily off-track (which worked...)

T

train

He may be a whiner - but I don't think anyone wants to lose their provider... I don't think he'll make the final 6 to say the least...

*Vegas opens up odds with train's ability to prophecy...*

As for Ryan - I found it odd that Osten didn't go - and personally would have voted him off... if he really is getting worn out - he'll only hurt the team that much more...

"And they wouldn't have so much blurred vision on the screen..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but that other guy was fishing and lost his spear head, so I don't know if Rupert going to restrict all fishing just to him and maybe alienate some people on the tribe or they'll go along with it... I can't figure out what the other tribe bought since they're beat up so bad.

I know the other members (not Ryan and Lily) think his strength is an asset so that's probably why they didn't vote him off. That or like I said, the whole thing is a sham to get Ryan and Lily off-guard (especially since he was catching the football and running around like Lily noted).

T

train

Well... all I know is that the end of this last episode was very mis-leading... Maybe they were trying to make it easier on her by not telling her thye were voting her off...

I am not surprised Rupert beat out Osten in the strength contest - it helps to have better food, sleep, and great morale going into the event...

They've already set a record for most challenge losses in a row - what's next?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I am not impressed with the Morgan tribe, with their "sacrifice themselves for the good of the tribe" and "who should stay on 'our' tribe" bit. Hello, only one person can get the million dollars, not the tribe.

That said, I don't think Lily was the best player. She really didn't have anyone to turn to since there was at least a strong voting block of three (Andrew, Osten, and the black girl) so the most she could get is a tie and I doubt Ryan O. would have gone for it.

Drake is kicking butt, but we don't like either the curly haired dude or the Spanish speaking lady - too much drama over nothing. Rupert was pretty impressive finishing that out, but it was hard to tell who would win up til the end.

Still wondering what the "treasure" could be... :)

T

train

The treasure is probably beds... clothes... sleeping bags...

All the stuff they didn't get to take with them...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But that was just in the last reward challenge...

I'm thinking it's non-perishable food... I mean, all they have is rice and what they can catch from the ocean...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, apparently the treasure needed to be in a watertight container since most of it was ruined...

Do you think Drake threw the challenge? I'm thinking yes and I'm agreeing with Rupert that it was a dumb move...

Also will be interesting to see how Rupert helps Morgan... which it looks like he does, from the previews...

T

train

I actually thought the treasure would be a lot more interesting...

as for Rupert now with Morgan - Drake is in some serious trouble...

From what I understood(from what was said), Rupert also helps them in the next Challenge...

I'm wondering if the producers came up with this reward - besides immunity, just because of how depleted morgan was though - or was it in the script the whole time...

I can say that Rupert's alliances did get rid of the other strongest memebr like they had planned, but that leaves Drake in some serious hurting for the next challenge if Rupert does stay with Morgan until the challenge is over.

honestly - Osten won't make top 3... he needs to go and sooner than later... he really is showing to be too weak... and there's not much they're currently using his strength for...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's just the next reward challenge so not much is really at stake with Rupert with Morgan.

Osten seemed to be pretty useful in that last immunity challenge but I think the next challenge will be mental - they haven't really done that yet (except for the puzzle challenge).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, what do you know... Drake confirmed that they threw the previous immunity challenge, which was a DUMB move like Rupert said...

Michelle did a terrible job of supposedly playing up that she hated the food challenge... I mean, she just guzzled the thing.

Sad that Morgan didn't know how to operate their fish spear and had to have Rupert show them how...

John from Drake is annoying as all... way too cocky. He needs to go...

T

train

What I think showed the most character was Rupert not taking the reward challenge... and going back to his tribe... It does go to show that Rupert definitely is a key in the tribe winning their challenges...

It also showed a great deal of power in his political authority when he chose what the other tribe looted...

He's going to make it to the final 4...

Definitely surprised if he didn't...

As for John... he's the next to go if Rupert has the say...

As for Morgan... now that they know how to use the spear - they may be on the up and up...

Can't wait for this week's epidsode...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, forgot about Rupert giving up the shower... that did show real class and has put him in the front for us rooting on who would win... that and the whole looting thing.

I can't remember if Rupert dislikes John that much to get him off on the next vote...

Morgan may know the spear works but whether they can operate it is another matter :)

T

train

Morgan may know the spear works but whether they can operate it is another matter
Hopefully no one will go "tribal(postal)" and use it the wrong way...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Trish was certainly surprised. Though I like Rupert, I did agree that he does wield a lot of power; however, he doesn't really abuse it (although it is kind of funny to keep hearing him talk about "my" tribe). She and Jon made the mistake of not fully making sure Sandra was on board though... so Shawn got a reprieve.

They sure are going downhill with the immunity challenges though... I think they messed up and should have kept piling on the weights on one person like Morgan was doing. Didn't hear how much weight was put on Christy until after but hearing that she outlasted Shawn in poundage was a slight surprise. :)