Survivor: Fiji

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw last night's episode. Not much to say except Alex was doing his darndest to get people to go with him to vote Yau-Man. I'm not sure if they were seriously considering it and just editing the parts to make it look like they were, like when Dreamz was telling him about Earl winking at him and not taking the plan seriously. 'Cause when the vote came back and it was four for Alex, that pretty much indicated that they were staying with the plan. He didn't read the two votes so that's why I'm not sure, but Alex was right, for the people who are 5 & 6 in the alliance, this was the time to make a power play and they seemingly didn't do it.

E

EricBess

It looked like Dreamz was, but you can never tell with the editing. With Dreamz telling Alex everything that was going on, I really hope they realize that he's not very trustworthy.

E

EricBess

Well, there was at least a little bit of excitement in this episode. I think Yao Man is being a bit too altruistic, at least to appearances. Everyone is starting to think, "if I were on the jury and he was final 3, I'd give him the money, so probably everyone else will also." At this point, I hope he does get the money. He took such a collosal risk with the truck.

I love how Dreamz immediately turns it into a challenge..."Okay, so I just have to make sure he doesn't make it to the final four."

Honestly, Yao Man should have said, "If you and Cassandra are both here in the final 4 and you win immunity, you'll give it to her." That would have been far more interesting... Really, it's not about Yao Man having immunity, it's about Dreamz NOT having immunity, so who he gives it to is irrelevant. It's just a matter of who has the target on his back.

I really hope Earl would rather be honorable than win the money. So far, it seems like Earl has stuck by his friends. First hour Sunday will be interesting. I hope Yao Man or Earl wins immunity. If Earl wins, will he give the idol to Yao Man? It's the last chance to use it, so there wouldn't be any point in keeping it.

Boo is really starting to turn on the after-burners, winning two immunities in a row. Interesting to note that Yao Man was the one on his heels. I wonder how much Dreamz's first lucky throw cost him. Stacy always seems to throw short no matter what they do (both challenges, she never even hit the board) and Cassandra was in the water, so getting past the first round of immunity wasn't hard and I have to wonder if Yao Man's extra tosses were just good practice (whether intentional or not).

Earl was a bit hard to read, but he seemed either relieved, impressed, or both once the votes were read. It's going to be interesting to see what conversation he and Cassandra have after that. One thing's for sure - in this season, alliances don't seem to mean a lot. If I were Earl and Yao, at this point, I would seriously consider having a chat with Boo, explaining the immunity situation, and asking him to vote with them against Cassandra next tribal counsil. As unpridicatable as Dreamz is, he seems to hold some sway over her at this point and that's dangerous.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I thought Yao Man's offer to give the truck was definitely a strategic thing and I think Dreamz took it without considering the implications at first (as was shown when he started to think about it later). I think Yao Man planned to use his own immunity idol before then since they could only use the idols at that night's council and the next. Earl will probably use his at the next one since (skipping ahead) Yao Man chose to use his (which was a wise decision!)

Boo is definitely proving to be the "threat" that they all think he is, at least physically, by winning two immunity challenges in a row. But yeah, I would be trying to get him on "their" side (Earl and Yao Man) than try to vote him out. Especially now that they saw how most everyone voted for Yao Man (not sure of all the votes since all weren't read). I don't think they can trust Cassandra anymore since they would probably figure that she voted for Yao Man.

Didn't see the finale yet...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw the finale last night...

I'm glad Earl won, although he was clearly the best choice out of Cassandra and Dreamz. And it sucks that Dreamz reneged and Yao Man was sent packing, as HE should have won.

No matter what Dreamz says, I think he didn't have it all planned from the beginning, accepted the truck intending to keep the deal, then got to thinking about it and how it eventually screws him. I mean, there's no way he could have thought ahead and thought Yao Man would have won the challenge, let along offer the deal. Dreamz just took it 'cause he needed a truck and only thought later about the implications. If only Yao Man had hung on a bit longer...

That's basically it, most of the finale was just fluff showing their final couple days and looking back on everyone else who got eliminated. The one thing I am surprised about is that they didn't have a person from home come and visit at some point this season.

E

EricBess

I completely agree. I think Dreamz fully intended to keep the deal when he took thr truck. Later, I think he started thinking about it and realized that it meant he couldn't win, so he started rationalizing ways around it.

Later, I think he decided that he was going to do whatever was best for him, but he wanted to manipulate the situation as much as possible so that he wouldn't even have to go back on his deal.

If he had really just been playing Yao from the beginning, he wouldn't have even bothered to try to vote Yao Man out when there were only 6 left.

I too am glad Earl won. I thought the same thing he did. As soon as Yao Man was voted out, I thought "Earl just won". I'm not even surprized that it was unanimous.

As for the final tribal, I think there was only really one comment by Earl that I thought was a bit disingenuous. I'm guessing everyone was going to vote for him anyway, but in my mind, he completely cinched it when Yao asked him why he didn't want to take him and he honestly just said, "because I couldn't win against you." I think Earl wanted Dreamz to live up to his bargain, but he also realized that if Dreamz didn't, the game was his.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's just kinda sad that Dreamz couldn't just come out and admit it and instead was using various ways to rationalize it, including "it's just a game". You can do that kind of thing anytime, even in real life, when the situation demands it. Like Yao Man said, he needs to mature and realize it.

I think Dreamz pretty much sealed his fate anyway when Edgardo asked Earl who told him about their idol and Alex had his question with him :) Mookie too, although I can't remember his either. Lisi just came off looking flaky again with her question.

E

EricBess

I thought it was interesting...Alex in his exit interview that you posted a while back said that he was afraid that maybe he was a bit too harsh. From that, I figured that the final wasn't as clear-cut as it appeared at that time. I certainly wasn't expecting Dreamz to make the final 3 at that point.

Anyway, having read that, I was curious to see exactly what he did say/ask in the final tribal. I thought it was interesting that he really tore into both Dreamz and Cassandra with his question, but he didn't even address Earl at all.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think his mind was pretty much made up beforehand and he was just using his "question time" as an excuse to rail on Dreamz and a little Cassandra.

In fact, I think a lot of people's mind were made up before the final council anyway.