Survivor: Fiji

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I saw it. Just was off on Friday.

I agree with sageridder. I know she'll claim to be "just playing the game", but even if someone is being eliminated which means more chances for you, it doesn't mean you can't have compassion. Geez...

Yeah, the twist on the challenge/immunity council was a good one this time and it was interesting that Moto chose comfort. Of course, I'm sure the people who were sure that they were safe voted for the comfort :)

Ravu just can't seem to win challenges... I'm not sure how much time you have to strategize, but it seems to me the "quicker" or "most dextrous" members would have been the first members to be freed while saving the clumsy ones for later. The older Asian guy, man, it seemed he had problems on the lily pads but was near the first to be freed. Same with another member.

I think Rocky needs to go, in terms of tribe harmony. He's the one that keeps saying all the crap and stirring up the tribe. And Earl's right - stop saying stuff and act to improve. It might have been the shown scene, but complaining and lying down doesn't help your case (at least, with the TV audience :) )

E

EricBess

I agree about Moto and about Rocky. There were quite a few comments from Moto like, "Gary's health is more important to us than..." but you could tell a lot of them were just as concerned with continuing to win rewards as they were with Gary's health. There were a couple of them that seemed sincere and that was good, but the rest makes you really wonder if some of these people get too wrapped up in the game to realize that they are still people and some of this is real.

Rocky is currently pointing fingers at Anthony because he's a "whiney weakling", but there's always been someone for him to complain about, hasn't there? If Anthony is voted off, who's he going to complain about next? Because I'm sure he's going to find someone to complain about next. Yeah, he needs to go. He's as strong as anyone else on the team, but is killing their overall motivation.

E

EricBess

I don't know about you, but this season is starting to lose it's appeal for me. Ravu certainly made a few mistakes early on, but at this point, it just seems like the one-sided nature of this season took it's toll last night and made it a very non-interesting episode.

A hugely physical challenge to determine who gets to choose a reward...with one tribe largely unnourished who did anyone expect to win? (Although it was interesting that Yau Man is the only one to win on that team - even if it was against a "girl"). And as close as the immunity challenge was, it seemed to me that the errors made by Moto were due to overconfidence while the errors made by Ravu were due to an inability to focus.

Note to Yao Man - wheren't there coconut shells lying around?

Anyway, I personally think that the drastically different living conditions is a phenominal failure. The only interesting moment was last week when they had to decide to give up immunity, but the fact that they didn't even hesitate should be an indication of how important they consider the comfort and food to be.

I'm glad the tribes are shaking up next week, but all that really does is redistribute the problem instead of correcting it.

As for Moto - I don't have a problem at this point with either Dreamz or Cassandra, but Lisi is starting to get very annoying and Stacy isn't far behind. I think Alex and Edgardo are pretty with it. Boo doesn't really seem to think things out. He's the one that got irritated at the taunting previously and he comes to reward challenge sucking on a piece of fruit from a previous challenge.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Papa Smurf" Interview
Liliana Interview

(forgot to link them last week)

Yeah, I totally agree that the reward challenge was a joke. That was just embarrassing. And although it wasn't all of Ravu's fault, Rita's effort's were spectacularly ineffective - especially during the last one, when it looked like she just stood there and got pushed.

Totally agree about your analysis about Moto.

I think it's gonna be interesting how they're gonna get re-teamed and some of the luxury members going to the deprived area and how they handle it (and vice versa). I think the Ravu members going to luxury are going to overeat and hurt themselves that way :)

E

EricBess

At least it was "planned" and you didn't just miss it. That's even worse when they put it on, but your local channel has pre-empted.

Still, it's pretty annoying. Don't forget that it's on Wednesday this week...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not yet... and I forgot that THIS one is On Demand, so I didn't even have to worry about taping it...

Hopefully we can watch it tonight...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw it over the weekend.

First thoughts are that Ravu should have gotten rid of Rocky, but I guess they thought they need his "strength" (although he screwed up as many challenged as Anthony). And who's gonna make the fire and whatnot? Probably Lila? Lola? when she comes back from Exile Island, although I think she'll be the next to go.

Kind of funny how Ravu ended up being an all-guy team. Even more funny (to show how sad the men from the old Ravu tribe were) was that the Moto men showed the how to get food and whatnot.

I guess that's pretty much it. No real strong opinions from that episode (unless you jog my memory).

E

EricBess

No, that's pretty much it. I think Anthony just got to the point where he didn't want to stir the pot with Rocky, which is a shame, because I don't think it would have taken much.

If Anthony had said what he said during tribal counsil back at camp instead, and focused on how the contention Rocky causes makes them lose challenges, then I think that tribal counsil would have gone differently. The Moto guys were already starting to see that anyway, so I don't think it would have taken much to sway their opinions.

Personally, I think that next week, Rocky will start tearing into Lisi (he needs someone else to blame things on now that Anthony is gone), and the rest of the Moto guys won't be able to ignore it anymore.

Rocky would have been gone long before if he hadn't put himself more or less "in control". Now that he's not, I don't think he will last.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but if they voted Anthony off because he "was the weakr one", presumably that's why they'll vote Lisi off also... I can't imagine her stronger than the guys, unless it's another mental challenge where she might be better.

And oh yeah, what was up with her little pout-fest when she found out she was going to Exile Island? :rolleyes: She does need to go...

E

EricBess

Of everyone in the original Moto, I think she was the most spoiled and pampered by living on the nice beach. I'm not sure how long she would have lasted at Ravu having to actually work. Of course, she might have been okay had she started out that way, but she was a real princess feeling safe with the alliance and all...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anthony's Interview

Well, it looks like she's "fitting in" with the guys. Rocky got voted off - hard to believe he doesn't see how he's irritating to others :)

I saw this on Thursday so I can't remember a lot of it... although making a dummy immunity idol and hiding it was pretty funny.

E

EricBess

Yau Man is officially my hero this season. I doubt the extra idol is going to end up mattering in the long run, but it would be the best episode ever if someone tried to pull that out and think they were safe. Could you imagine the expression on Jeff's face? "You want immunity? For that???"

Realistically, though. Anyone finding that should realize that it was too easy to find and know that someone else has the real thing.

I doubt Yau Man is going to win, but I sure would like to see it.

Ironically, this was the first episode where I thought there was a bit of a human side to Rocky. He was still complaining about everyone else, though. Thinking back, I'm reasonably certain that he was a key factor in most of their losses.

I'm surprized by Boo, though. He wants to get rid of Yau Man, calling him the weakest player on their team, even after Yau Man was the only person on the team to succeed at the fire-throwing challenge. Granted, the last time Yau Man was the only person to succeed at a challenge was against one of the girls at the sumo wrestling challenge, but for as small and scrawny as he is, he's pretty solid in the challenges.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Could you imagine the expression on Jeff's face? "You want immunity? For that???"
That would be so awesome. :D

Anyone finding that should realize that it was too easy to find and know that someone else has the real thing.
Well, apparently it's hard to find on the Ravuo side. Either they didn't dig deep enough or they were looking in the wrong spot.

Thinking back, I'm reasonably certain that he was a key factor in most of their losses.
Yeah, I think so too.

but for as small and scrawny as he is, he's pretty solid in the challenges.
Yeah, he is a bit surprising in that sense. I just wonder if the rest of the tribe sees it that way :)

E

EricBess

Spiderman said:
Well, apparently it's hard to find on the Ravuo side. Either they didn't dig deep enough or they were looking in the wrong spot.
Maybe. I get the impression though is that no one has dug far enough. It was reasonably deep and didn't appear to be dead center when Yau Man found it on Moto beach. I don't remember seeing anyone trying to find it on Ravu with any tool better than a machette.