Survivor All Stars

E

EricBess

I was really surprised to see Tom go too, but I don't think it mattered to Rob and Amber in the end because either way they do it, they are likely going to have to break a tie vote.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I didn't get to see the first half hour of the finale so not sure what happened to Rupert and the immunity challenge (I taped it but haven't watched that part yet), but Jenna made a big OOPS in losing her immunity challenge and it came down to Rob and Amber, just like I feared. And Rob nearly got the million as people "saw past" the personal stuff and voted for how he played the game (at least that's how I saw it). But Amber got it... bit surprised at the wedding proposal and the cynical part of me thinks that Rob did it to cover all his bases, but perhaps they are truly happy.

Not too many surprises with the reunion part of the show either. Jerri's speech was a bit naive - of course they're exploiting your feelings, but you're voluntarily signing up! No touch on Richard and Susan's spat - I guess they deemed it too sensitive still (or didn't have enough time to get around to it). Big Tom never answered Rob's question about whether he had an alliance with Lex before the game started, so I'm taking that as a yes. And I was hoping the big twist would be everyone gets a million dollars anyway, despite some people not deserving it IMO, but instead we get to vote... if it's free on cbs.com, I'll probably vote for Rudy... haven't checked that out yet.

E

EricBess

Rupert gets my vote, all the way....

I never had a big problem with Rob. He manipulated, certainly, but he did it strategically. Other people in his position in the past have been arrogant to the point of thinking nothing could go wrong, which is why so many of them eventually get booted (think Johnny Fairplay).

Rob was certainly arrogant, but never took anything for granted (except Amber's allegance).

Personally, I predicted the marrage proposal before the episode even started. The thought did cross my mind that it was to make sure, but I think it was genuine.

As far as what happened to Rupert, that was another "plant the seed" move by Rob. Apparently, it was announced that the tie breaker was the purple stone. Anyone without immunity had to pull a stone from a bag and the purple stone gets the axe (same thing that happened to Pascal way back when). Basically, at the very start of the episode, Rob and Amber told Jenna that they would be voting for Rupert and if she wanted to protect herself from the tie, she should do the same thing.

I'm a bit disappointed with Jenna for actually doing it, but she didn't want to take the 1/3 chance of getting booted herself.

Realistically, I think she should have realized that making it into the final 2 at that point meant having to beat out them both, whereas if they were lucky enough to hit Rob with the purple stone (Amber won immunity - Rupert was a reasonably close second), then either one beating out Amber would get her into the final two.

But, again, she was so concerned about making final 3 that she didn't consider final 2, so she voted with Rob and Amber to eliminate Rupert.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Rupert's "possessiveness" of the fishing gun kinda turned me off. He's a great guy overall, but that little quirk made him fall behind to Rudy.

I think Rob was arrogant enough to be sure of his position, but he was active in keeping his position (all that planting the seed stuff). It's true he didn't sit back once he thought he was secure, he made sure he was secure all the way.

T

train

Go burgh...

Rupert took the million for the non-winner - i think it was cool... but being a Texan - Colby would've been neat to have won it also!...

I pretty much saw the last few episodes, and just know that Jenna made the biggest mistake by adjusting her foot - and she was so out of it, she didn't even know it - but I bet she plays it every hour in her mind...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think all of the past winners had very low odds of getting the second million... possible, but low odds.

T

train

yeah - but Colby didn't win - he was second to Tina - so it would've been cool...

on the jenna/rob thing - I think they'll do well - as long as they truly share...