Survivor All Stars

T

train

I was thinking that also...

I'm sad to say intuition pegeed it for Jenna and going home to be with her mother.

I wonder if they told the news to all the survivors on the island when her mom passed away... I wonder how they felt, and how it changed their mood...

i guess we'll find out in the next few episodes...

I can honestly say that rupert's idea - was not smart...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I missed it... we tried to tape it but our VCR died... which sucks 'cause it's part of the TV. I had to go out and buy a new one over the weekend

T

train

If the TV still works you can donate it to TLWCNHHOTO - "The Little Web-slinger Can Now Have Her Own Television Organization"

"and when she's old enough to stick stuff in the vcr - it won't hurt anything" Bonus!!!...:p :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we might see how much it is to get fixed... it's a fairly nice TV and would be a shame to lose the VCR capability...

T

train

Oh...

I was thinking you bought a new television/vcr combo...

I guess you just got a new VCR...

Well - *on the hush, hush...*at least you can make copies of rentals now!...:p

T

train

That's exactly what we bought my in-laws - Sunday evening to be exact... and it was 99.00+ - but didn't have a rebate...:rolleyes:

E

EricBess

Um...too late :D.

Basically, Jenna has been worrying about her Mom, who has been fighting cancer. The emotional pressure has been building up and she finally decided that she needed to go home to be with her Mom, so she left the game. There was not immunity challenge.

About this week:

Who would have thought that the bigger reward from last week's reward challenge would have nothing to do with what was provided by the program... "...And your reward for this week's challenge is that you can actually use your shelter during next weeks torrential downpour that we have arranged..."

Still, it looks like they were able to pull together as a team and not let it tear them apart. So Rupert is a bit bull headed, he's still such a great guy. It's Jerry that I've been surprised with. In Africa, she was a real wench, but she's actually been quite likable recently. Maybe she learned something about herself when she had a chance to watch the last series... :D

So, is it just me or did Amber not seem too happy with Boston Rob's response at tribal counsel. I mean, she herself said that it was all part of the game, but when he said basically the same thing, she didn't seem to pleased...

So, the whiner is gone. Is anyone going to miss him?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was off Friday and managed to see it on Saturday from tape, so your explanation was okay.

I think Rupert's still cool; he admits he was wrong. I think Jerri has definitely toned down.

Not sure about Amber. She might have just been like "uh-huh". Amusing to see Rob C's reaction to how the vote was going but am not particularly going to miss him. Boston Rob is still annoying as usual though.

T

train

No missing the whiner here...

though I do think there's more to Rob and Amber's fling than they say... who knows what they don't show for "in-the-dark" purposes...

T

train

"i'M 48 AND HAVING FUN WATCHING..."

iT WAS CUTE - AND HE DIDN'T EVEN BLUSH...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I can't believe I keep forgetting to post here, as I think everyone waits for me to see it... I saw it Monday night finally. So before tonight's show...

My wife told me she inadvertantly found out who got kicked off, so I guessed Hatch just to be out there when she told me the tribe (I had to narrow it down, otherwise I had no clue). Viewing the show, it looked more and more like Colby but the votes were pretty much unanimous on Hatch, so I'm thinking there was some playin' going on by the girls, possibly orchestrated by Colby, to throw Hatch (and us viewers) off track. Oh well, I guess I'm glad he's gone but for no particular reason.

It's too bad Rupert's tribe was broken up but their design was probably the worst water-dynamically anyway.

As a sidenote: Did anyone see VH1's Behind the Scenes: Survivor that was on Tuesday night? Interesting stuff there... :)

E

EricBess

Didn't see it. Didn't even know it was on. Then again, I don't have cable...

Last night's show was interesting. Ironic that that's the forth time something like that has happened in the history of survivor and the second time during the All-Stars. I'll let you watch it before saying too much, but while it is pretty brutal, I suppose it doesn't come as much of a surprise, either.

Anyway, they did discuss more of why the vote for Richard went the way it did. Apparently, the other girls were letting Kathy call the shots and she didn't want to rock the boat, but otherwise Colby might have been booted.

Colby ripped into Shi Ann. She deserved everything she got, but I think it was a dangerous move for Colby.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, watching the tape of the Susan/Richard incident in the game, it appears Susan could have done a lot more to avoid the whole thing. I mean, she could have waited for Richard to completely get off the pole before starting to move herself.

But any crotch rubbing is wrong, no matter what.

I totally missed the stuff about Kathy being in charge. How odd... (both the missing it and her being in charge).

I agree that Shi Ann deserved it but also agree that it's probably a bad move, game-wise. But hey, everyone plays the game their own way.

E

EricBess

Okay, so yesterday's episode was pretty tame by comparison. It is interesting that Shi Ann had the power vote. In the end, she went for the person she didn't think she could get rid of later....But... I suspect that the comments we discussed earlier as being so dangerous probably had something to do with it. Not to mention the fact that he made a comment it tribal counsil that didn't appear to go over to well.

I wonder if the decision was made at that moment, to be honest.

Still, interesting twist letting the winning team take a player with them. A twist like that could have some serious aliance breaking consequences. For example, a 3 on 2 vote where an aliance has power suddenly because 2 on 2 and the aliance is hanging on whatever tie breaker they decide to use... ouch!

What I found the most interesting, but doesn't really stand out to the viewer, is that yesterday's episode only covered one day of play...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I thought last week's episode was actually kinda boring. I mean, whoop-dee that Chapera got to go on the boat... only thing of consequence was Kathie's decision to go with their tribe. However, I'm gathering that for right now, Chapera will just use her to help get rid of the rest of Mogo Mogo once they merge and then get rid of her too.

I agree that Shi Ann seemed to make the decision at tribal council once Colby opened his mouth. I also was really rooting for Jerri, so Lex went down in my esteem for power playing Colby. But the top 2 I hope leave right now is Jerri and Boston Rob.

I caught that it was one day, what's up with that? Are they going to try to lengthen the finale or something else planned later on that will take longer than 3 days? Hmmm...

E

EricBess

I don't know. It was interesting, though.

Still, keep in mind that there are 2 additional competators than there have been in the past. If they are keeping it to the same number of actual days, then they have to do this a couple of times throughout the course of the event.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, I did forget that. This probably means they won't do like they did on Pearl Islands and bring back the already voted-off members to get a chance to get back on ;)