Survivor All Stars

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, last night I finally saw the last two weeks episodes, although this past one on the 24th was just a recap of the season so far. So I'll just talk about the one two weeks ago.

I was rooting for Ethan but his days were numbered. I hope Jerri doesn't last too long when the tribes merge (which I don't think will be next week but the following). Now I don't have a clear favorite but it's probably a toss-up between Rupurt and Big Tom as they're the least offensive or annoying to me out of all of them. Not really much else to say about the episode but apparently they all suck at blow-gunning and spear throwing :)

T

train

I can't believe the one object hitting the target barely hit it... That would have been a strong suit of mine - archery... not sure about the spear/javelin...

"pick up your bow, nock your arrow, draw your arrow, aim, exhale, fire when ready..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I like and have done archery too, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Jerri in that it must have been hard since she said she had experience...

E

EricBess

I got the impression that Jerry was a reasonably good shot, but didn't have the experience she claimed. She didn't understand how to handle a non-perfect bow. The bows they were using obviously weren't professional quality.

Did you notice how every shot she took went to almost exactly the same place. To me, that indicates that she's a reasonably good shot, but didn't compensate for the bow. She kept aiming for the center of the target...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I noticed that and that during the blowgun part, everyone kept aiming at the center instead of raising it to compensate for either poor breath control or wind or whatever. Of course, they only got one chance but you figure the people watching the first ones go might have tried it :)

T

train

I like that Survivor has kept with it the "naturalness" of the game's environment...

like in the instance with the bows - they weren't using 75lb-draw compounds from a sporting goods store - they were the native ones, probably used by natives - though more crude I'd guess...

they've done that all along and I give CBS kudos for that...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw last week's episode, poor Jerri, NOT!

Not much else to say except it was very odd that everyone picked the opposite color (except for Amber, but that's only because they were evening up the tribes). And I wish the new Mogo Mogo would tell the new Chapera how their camp sucks... :)

T

train

yeah - honesty is key in life...;)

Liked the episode - especially with the "GodFather" literally playing both teams... Who'd a thunk a Bostonite could do such a thing...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know. At first I was disappointed with "Chapera" for giving in to his request to having Amber stay, because they are basically beholden to him, but thinking about it, it makes sense (for now). I mean, they get rid of Amber, if the merge comes this week, it's still gonna be 5 vs 4 and they'll definitely get picked off. At least here, if Rob keeps his promise at least to Lex, he'll stay around somewhat.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, guess again, looks like Lex misplayed badly by trusting Rob and got himself booted. Not sure why Kathy didn't give him the immunity necklace like she said she was going to unless she felt that she was second choice, after thinking it over, but even some of "Lex's" tribe like Shi Ann voted for him.

And what was up with the immunity challenge? Lex had Rob beat and let him come back from a two balloon deficit... crazy :eek:

I'm hoping the rest will come to their senses :) and realize that Amber and Rob are a solid block and break it up, but that will probably only happen when they get rid of the rest of "Chapera".

E

EricBess

Okay, it was my turn to have to "catch up". Been out of the country, so I intentionally avoided this thread until I saw the episodes.

Yeah, Lex was mad, wasn't he? But in the end, I think it just goes to show who was playing the game and who was trying to be a good guy.

The problem is, Rob had painted himself into a corner. He was trying to make deals with everyone. Personally, I'm not sure why they didn't get rid of Shi Ann. Seems like she would have been a good choice to keep things kind for a few more days.

Lex is still the same as he always was about telling people that they are going before giving them the boot. If I remember right, that's one of the reasons he originally got booted from Australia.

Still, I'm a bit disappointed in Rob...I would have expected a bit more manipulation from him. Get Lex and Kathy to vote for someone else, like Jenna, for example, and then cast your own vote that way, too, leaving a 5-4 vote to get rid of Lex...of course, you have to be careful to make sure no one knows which vote is yours...

But I think Rob is convinced that he and Amber will be top 2. If he ticks off everyone else as much as he just did Lex, his only chance at the million is to marry into it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Lex is still telling people when they're going to get kicked off, but the thing that was different here as opposed to Africa was that he wasn't true to his promises/alliances, like with Ethan. My wife pointed out that Lex got merely what he gave Ethan, so there's not much sympathy for him. He just made a big mistake in trusting Rob.

But I agree that Rob and Amber have their work cut out for them, it seems more Rob, but Amber also made promises to the Chapera tribe (lex and Kathy) that weren't kept either...

T

train

I don't think rob or amber will be the last 2...

they'll get the boot from Tom, Rupert, and one of the other ladies...

Lex played the game - and it paid off for rob... yeah lex...

as for the immunity necklace - I wouldn't have given it either - maybe that was all a ploy to make Rob feel more comfortable about going to the council - never know - Kathy's in the game as much as any other.;)

E

EricBess

Historically speaking, the fact that Kathy was the only person who voted the same way Lex did is a good indication that if she doesn't shake things up and find someone who doesn't feel comfortable where they are, she will be the next one booted off.

Also historically speaking, shaking things up like that doesn't happen often. It has happened more recently in later seasons, but the rest of the group seems pretty content at the moment with the power structure, so I'm not sure Kathy has much of a chance next week unless she gets immunity.

E

EricBess

Let's see...Nothing overly unexpected, really.

They had a team reward challenge where the winning team would each win letters from home. Then, the winners would play for a tape from home, and also, at the same time, for immunity...

Rob won, but gave up his tape so that the rest of the tribe could have their letters, too.

Lots of emotion as people read their letters.

Kathy tried to get people to see that the best time to shake things up was when you were at 7 or at 5. Unfortunately for here, there were still 8, so she got booted.

Only Shi-Ann voted with her against Amber, so it is likely that Shi-Ann will be the next one voted off. I don't think anyone is too worried about alliances right now (except Shi-Ann, of course).

T

train

I think Rupert will come to his senses with Tom, and find a way to rid themselves of Rob...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw last week's episode so I can watch tonight... :)

Shi-Ann is so skating on thin ice right now... she was all pumped about winning the immunity challenge, but she has 5 more to go or she's still out.

I hope Alicia sticks to her word and keeps Rob from getting the million if he's the final two.

Wonder how Rupert chose the order of awarding the dinners...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No surprise that Shi-Ann got voted out last week after not winning immunity... now it seems whoever gets Big Tom can bouce the other two, so there'll probably be some scrambling going on...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this was a big surprise to me that Big Tom got ganged up by the other allies and got booted. I thought for sure that Rob and Amber should have been broken up, unless Rob succeeded in his intent to cause mischief and break up Rupert and Tom's plans (although Jenna and Rupert were VERY careless in allowing Rob to hear their plans. I mean, don't they look around before talking about other people?)