Survivor All Stars

T

train

Anyone else surprised Tina was voted off first?...

And the Rupert and Rudy bit - 2 people's favorites allianced, may be extremely strong...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I kept meaning to start a thread about this...

I was a bit surprised 'cause I didn't think Rupert would go for Jenna's reasoning. But I think Ethan will team up with them now and vote the girls off next, if they go to tribal council again.

Hatch is just a trip :)

E

EricBess

I kind of agree with Spidey. I think maybe Rupert thought things out a bit. Getting rid of Jenna means there is a 4-way "alliance" because it was clear that Ethan and Tina were going to stick together. By getting rid of Tina first, he risks getting Ethan a bit upset, but I think that the fact that Jenna is so dead set (and up front) with voting off the previous winners that there is no question that Ethan will join in with the guys instead of the girls.

I think it is a shame that Tina had to get voted out, but stratigically, it wasn't such a bad call. Of course, it also doesn't show much faith in their tribe. After all, if they can avoid voting off two more people before any tribal shake-up, then there isn't a problem.

Jerri's been pretty tame so far. We'll see if that's a change of attitude or just a facade. She seems to have decided to keep her mouth shut...interesting.

Very interesting that Sue and Richard are playing a very similar game of just kicking back and letting everyone else do everything. It's also interesting that it seems like that strategy may actually work for Rich, but Sue is likely to get the axe first chance they get.

T

train

Hey EB and spidey...

There's another survivors watcher besides us!!!...

Coolness mefta16!!!...:D :cool:

(Sorry - we've been the only ones watching it and posting previously...:rolleyes: )

E

EricBess

Not only that, but I agree 100% with him. That goofy Rob guy is bad enough (not the ganster one, the other one).

T

train

Survivor is the worst show on television.
Well if you went by ratings...

Then CSI, The Super Bowl, ER, The Practice, and many others are also horrible...;)

D

DeathMaster666

Originally posted by train
Well if you went by ratings...

Then CSI, The Super Bowl, ER, The Practice, and many others are also horrible...;)
Just because it has high ratings doesn't mean that it is good. Take the WWE, for example. It had pretty high ratings for a while.

S

sageridder

It was the only decisive move to make without putting himself into a cituation where the girl left could have picked up into the other alliance leaving rupurt in a 3/2 losing situation.The next has to be Jenna to solidify the group tho.It seems to me they chose the groups to see one crumble either due to lower physical overall proformance ,another team has a total lack of trust , or from personalites that weren't ever meant to work together.The whole thing with richard hatch has me boggled, they say staff saw him use stick matches to start the fire,but didn't get it on tape so without proof can't toss him out.His whole alienation of his teamates is bizzar, maybe he just dosn't care about the cash and is just aiming to be a mytar saying he was voted off for his sexual orentation.Even that seems far fechted I just have a clue what the hell he's up to_One thing for sure they did manage to bring alot of the players that annoyed the oink out of me into this game.Rupert lost alot of weight on the last trip after this one I doubt anyone will call him fat after this month,I wonder if you won't see him on some makeover show losing the beard after this is over.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think they annoyed you (and a lot of people) because they all have such strong personalities, which is of course why they are on this show in the first place.

Didn't know that match thing about Hatch, although I was wondering about his comment that he could make fire whenever he wanted and just wanted the group to "starve" and waste away first since he's the "fattest" :)

T

train

I remember that statement also - and I really thought it could hurt him, as the group would get weaker, but he'd be stronger(though he's getting weaker), and become a threat to all of them...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No new posts about Thursday's episode? I hope y'all weren't waiting for me...

Sabato (or whatever tribe Rupert's on) screwed up so bad on that challenge. They should have won! Instead, they lost Rudy.

Not much to say about the other tribes yet. I think the focus is a bit more diluted having 3 tribes to switch between instead of 2. Although it's interesting to see Alicia's and the rest of her tribe (well, Rob and Big Tom's) opinions of each other :)

T

train

I was kind of waiting for you, as you normally record and watch them later - just wasn't sure in this case...;)

I was actually dumbfounded when seeing the rest of Rudy's tribe crying as he left...

They all knew he was better, knew he was a people's favorite, and made the mistake of letting someone that keeps their word off the show...

If for some reason Rupert is next - I wouldn't be surpried, except that he is one of their stronges twhen it comes to challenges...

I wonder if Rudy will come back for the "reunion" survivor in 3 years and do it all over again...;) :cool:

As for the other tribes - I'm surprised that most of them have not had beat-down drag-out fights by now...

We'll see how our hometown favorite fares... Get 'em Colby...

:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually missed the voting council, I had to put Zephyr back to sleep, but I can see why they voted him off... he did seem the weakest physically in the challenges. I'm glad Rupert kept his word to him :)

E

EricBess

Yeah, I don't think any of them wanted to vote Rudy off. I think they just all felt like his health was becoming an issue. Obviously, he didn't think so...

And yeah, I'm glad Rupert kept his word, but I would have liked to have seen Rupert cast his vote for Jenna instead of Ethan. Ironic that Jenna is still constantly touting that she would vode Ethan off based on the fact that he has won before, but that Ethan is more likely to end up allying now with Jenna than with Rupert.

I just hope they pull things together. I'd really rather see the other tribes have to vote a few people off between now and whenever they shake up the tribes.

About the challenge...Yeah, they really messed that up. They were so far ahead and just lost it.

E

EricBess

I saw it Monday night. Very interesting. Looks like they are going to bump the challenge to this week instead from the previews.