Sports League: Season 2 Sign-Ups & Info

R

rokapoke

As someone who has been crushed by Melkor's Godhead of Awe in the past, I have to ask a question regarding the sports league...

Is there a retirement policy?

I don't mean to be whiney or anything (although that is one of my strengths), but it seems a natural extension of the sports league metaphor. Though I don't have any amazingly fantastic ideas for making it happen.

turgy22

Nothing Special
No plans for any retirement policy. I think that would be unfair.

As powerful as Godhead of Awe is, it's only really great because Melkor's a great player and it works well with the rest of his deck. Getting the combination of Godhead, Cursed Scroll and Humility in the initial draft really gave Melkor a powerful base to work with. I personally think the Scroll is the better card for him, since it's harder to deal with and can get rolling sooner.

The later drafts are really the only way to maintain competitive balance because any new bombs will get pulled before Melkor gets a chance to draft. Unfortunately, with so many players dropping out during the first season, it's going to take some time for the really great cards to surface.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know I need some new cards to stay competitive... especially to break the logjams that Mooseman and I seem to generate when we play each other :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
The end is near!

Assuming Rokapoke beats Spiderman (not finished yet), the championship match is set and the draft order is finalized. I'm still playing Mooseman (and hope to finish that game), so the only other game to be played is between Mooseman and Melkor, which hasn't started yet. Are you guys going to play or do you just want to call it a draw and prepare for next season?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well, the regular season has concluded. All players not in the finals match can start making trades (if you wish) or picking up available free agents. Everyone can also start thinking about what booster they'd like to use for next season (assuming everyone's coming back) though the draft won't be held until after the finals conclude. All sets are fair game right now and I should be able to have Mirrodin Besieged ready before the draft.

Thanks to all participants. If anyone else wants to join, feel free to chime in. And feedback is always welcome.

R

rokapoke

All right! I finished as the fourth-best Magic Sports League player in the world! What a rush!

I'll be back for next season, and will reevaluate my roster over the coming weeks.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The second season is officially over.

I'm going to start a new thread for season 3 next week. Thanks, everyone, for playing.