Nothing Special
Sports League Season 2 Spreadsheet

Records
***Turgy22 (10-4, 8-4)***
*Melkor (9-5, 9-3)*
Spiderman (6-6)
Rokapoke (5-7)
Mooseman (2-10)

Roster limits will be 50 cards. Minimum deck size is still 40 cards.

If anyone wants to switch decks with a non-participating player, they're welcome to do so. However, if you switch decks, you'll move to the end of each round for the next draft. I say this because I'm planning to participate, but I think it's unfair if I can pick any deck and also get the first pick in the upcoming draft, so I'll be choosing last. The same rules apply for everyone else, but I'll keep myself at the end. If multiple people switch decks, the order will be determined based on each player's record from last season (not the deck's record).

Also, if anyone wants to scrap their deck and start over, they can do so. You'll receive three boosters (they must all be different) and maintain your spot in the draft. Obviously, you'll have consistency problems with a three-booster card pool, but it could be manageable if you open good stuff and find people willing to trade.

Finally, everyone gets to choose a booster pack for the upcoming draft. I can generate boosters for any set right now, except Zendikar. All the boosters I create will contain 1 rare, 3 uncommons and 11 commons - no basic lands or varying pack sizes. I coded my booster generator for consistency, not authenticity. Mythic rares still show up, though.

You can post your choice of booster here or PM it to me. I'm also going to make a rule that there can't be two of the same booster pack chosen. I'd like to maintain variety, so the league doesn't start feeling like a block-limited format.

Any questions, comments or suggestions, post here. Everyone's decklist can be found here.

R

rokapoke

Count me in to pilot my mediocre mish-mash of cards to yet another disappointing finish!

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac;286751 said:
I'm willing to open my team up for trading.
I thought you dropped out. Are you saying that you're coming back and willing to make some trades or are you saying you want to come back, but trade in for a different deck? Or something else entirely? I'm confused. :confused:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It would be for completely coming back, but I wanted to test the tradings waters before I made a decision, but if I have to make a choice before trading then I'll still stay inactive.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well, I'm trying to get a count so I can make a fixed schedule for the season, so I'd like a definitive answer. As much as I wish you'd join back again, I'd definitely prefer not to have you come back for trading and the draft and then drop out later on for whatever reason. Plus, I really like your deck, so if you're not playing, I'm going to use it.

So right now, I have Spiderman, rokapoke, Mooseman, Melkor (responded in the other thread) and myself. I still need pack selections from rokapoke and Melkor. (And Ransac, if he changes his mind.)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Everything is now ready to go for season 2. I'm going to create a new thread for the draft and then edit my first post in this thread to keep track of things.

I've put all the relevant information into an Excel Document, which has been made available to everyone in the first post of this thread. If anyone can't view it, let me know. It contains the schedule, the draft information, and everyone's decklists, plus the decks belonging to people who have dropped.

Scheduling Notes:
-The draft will begin officially on October 12th with an expected end date on November 25th, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The Monday after Thanksgiving (Nov 30) will be the official start of the offseason. All rosters should be cut down to 50 cards by that date. After that, everyone is allowed to pick up any "free agent" cards and swap them 1 for 1 with another card they have. After the draft, I'll make a new sheet for all the free agent cards.
-The season will officially kick off after the new year, beginning the first Monday in January. Since there's only five participants, each week someone will have a bye. I've allotted two weeks to play each game, plus a "makeup" week three times during the season to catch up on games that might have been missed/delayed for whatever reason.
-After the regular season, the two best records will play a best-of-three match for the championship. This will take place in September and then the whole process will start again next October.
-If things go faster than I've scheduled for, I'm all for speeding things up.

I'm going to be taking over Ransac's deck and adding a booster of Magic 2010 to the pool, as my choice.

This will be the new official thread for the Sports League, so all questions, comments, updates and stuff should go here. Spiderman, you can lock and/or unsticky the other thread. Thanks :D

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well, the draft is over, so I'll give a few weeks for trades and cuts and then the new season will begin. Thanks, everyone, for staying on the ball and making the picks in a timely fashion!

I've moved up the whole schedule by about a month. The season is now scheduled to kick off the first week of December. If everyone feels that nothing else is going to happen (trades or other changes), after a week or two, I'll probably move things up again. It'd be pretty cool if we could play out each season in about 6 months.

Anyway, the deadline for deck cuts will be this Friday, October 23. That gives everyone 4 days to evaluate their 10 worst cards and dump them. Please note any cuts in this thread and I'll update the spreadsheet above to reflect everyone's rosters and add a page for free agent cards. Remember that you can only pick up free agent cards after cutting your deck to 50.

Finally, if anyone wants to trade, contact the other player via PM and then announce the trade in this thread. Once it's confirmed on both sides, I'll make the changes in the spreadsheet.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Here are my dumped cards.....
Sengir Bats
Shadowfeed
Orcish Mine
Furnace Spirit
Morsel Theft
Woodwraith Strangler

turgy22

Nothing Special
You still need to dump 4 more cards, Mooseman. I don't know if you forgot or just didn't get around to it yet.

Here are my cuts:
Drill-Skimmer
Etherium Astrolabe
Firefright Mage
Mark of Fury
Burst of Speed
Giant Slug
Reknit
Ritual of Restoration
Street Savvy
Wrap in Vigor

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So these are the free agents? I assume it's first come, first serve once we've cut down to 60 to pick these up? How many can we pick up at a time?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, these are the free agents.

I was thinking about doing it on a first come, first served basis, although it wouldn't be too hard to implement a "waiver wire" type priority if more than one person makes a claim on a card within 24 hours. In fact, I'll do that now. The current priority for free agent claims is as follows:
1. Mooseman
2. Rokapoke
3. Spiderman
4. Melkor
5. Turgy22
So any time two or more people claim the same card in a 24-hour period, it will go to the person with the highest priority (the lowest number on the list - so Mooseman gets first dibs at the moment.) That person will then move down to the #5 spot and everyone else will move up.

You can pick up as many as you like at one time, as long as each one is swapped for another card. So, for example, right now I've made all my cuts, giving me a 50-card pool to work with. If I wanted to pick up a free agent card, I'd make a post here that says, "I'm going to pick up Woodwraith Strangler and drop Ebony Rhino." If I wanted 2 cards, I'd say something like "I'm going to pick up Woodwraith Strangler and Morsel Theft and drop Ebony Rhino and Mulch." A day after this post is made (assuming no one else wants the same cards), the dropped card(s) would then enter the FA pool and the picked up cards would join my roster.

R

rokapoke

All free agent transactions occur after we've all thinned our ranks, though, right?

So everyone cuts their cards to make one full free agency pool before anybody makes any claims?

turgy22

Nothing Special
No. As soon as you cut down your deck, you can start picking up free agent cards immediately. So if you see a card you like, make your cuts quickly and pick it up.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman and I have completed a trade.

Spiderman will receive Skyhunter Prowler.

I will receive Boros Garrison.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my dumped cards:

Seething Pathblazer
Echoing Truth
Nettling Curse
Paradise Mantle
Imp's Mischief
Arcanum Wings
Vanishing