Silemitas: The Search of Lost Time(?)

P

Prince RXI

The lights are still on and do not seem to be fading in any way at the moment.

T

train

Sy'Kl

"I think right now, we can send 3 or so to check the end of the hall North, and the others can wait in the intersection if we come back and go South... It's a short distance North and we really can look around the corner without getting into too much trouble..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I still think we should stick together. If whatever is up there is worth looking into, we can all look into it. If we want to turn around, we can all turn around."

M

Modus Pwnens

"Hmm, no footprints here, as if the area has been cleaned.. but look at that! Handmarks on the wall, that's strange. Anyone has any idea what that might mean? With these lights it seems unlikely our arrival went unnoticed, so we should check out every room and corridor. If we split up, even for a short time, it will go faster. Besides, Jirandiel and myself should be able to spot those traps, so we should be relatively safe. Can't we just stay within shouting distance in case of trouble?"

P

Prince RXI

examining the "hand makes" it seems that someone was walking along with a hand on the wall at all times... to it's a bit smeared and the dirt and dust is much thinner than the rest of the wall.

M

Modus Pwnens

"My best guess is that whoever made those marks did not have a light and used the walls for reference. Perhaps we should first follow those markings, although I still think we'd best look around as quickly as possible, before the people we are tracking down have a chance to find a good spot to ambush us"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Well, any lead is better than no lead. That's what I always say. Those prints look easy enough to follow. Be careful, though."

P

Prince RXI

Following the handmarks is confusion, as they go both directions (as I told modus in the pm... XD)

M

Modus Pwnens

Hehe, my bad ;)

"All right, if you really don't want to split up, how about this: We go south and see if there are any traps. If there are, we'll go north instead, otherwise, we'll check south out first, then come back here?"

P

Prince RXI

Morthil moves down the hallway a little ways, and after 20 paces of following the handmarks, stops at a space on the wall where everything has been clearly washed away, and the floor is covered with a much thicker layer of dust than the floor on either side of it, the strip if roughly 8 feet long and as wide as the hallway.

"I'd suggest not going further till we've had a chance to look at that, Morthil..."

Jirandiel's pure-black eyes are open and staring at the wall and floor as he stand 5 feet behind Morthil.

"The markings seem to end here and start again past the deeper set..."

P

Prince RXI

near the top of the wall there are scrapes and scratches... and looking VERY closely, the (supposedly) solid stone that seems to make up the entire ruins actually seems to have a slight crack or crease in it along the angle of the ceiling and the walls... and a crossing crease that seems even with the edge of the more dense, dust/dirt-filled spot on the floor.

M

Modus Pwnens

"It does seem like it, let me examine it more closely."

I'd like to examine the cracks, seeing if it is indeed a trap, and if there is some way to disable it.

M

Modus Pwnens

After a quick examination Morthil turns around.

"Yeah, it's definitely a trap. From what I can determine, when triggered, the ceiling will smash down, quite fast actually. There's no way to disarm it, not as far as I can see anyway, and the floor seems to be the trigger, maybe pressure, I'm not sure. What do you guys think, should we try to trigger it and see what happens, or turn around and go the other way?"