Silemitas: The Search of Lost Time(?)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"And you think it already was triggered before? So this trap can be reused somehow? It sounds like someone really dislikes visitors..."

T

train

I would state we go the other way... Of course - the hand prints along the wall could be showing where someone guides along them to not trigger it. I wonder if we can find a boulder and trigger it from the adjoining hallway...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I wanna see ceiling go smash.....
Jaksen runs back to the main hall to look for something to trigger the trap with

P

Prince RXI

(So, I'm guessing you guys are gonna try and trigger the trap without anyone being near it?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Neither will Dorgath. Dwarves know well-enough that such a stone trap would be pretty dangerous, let alone one that can be reset.

P

Prince RXI

Sy'kl and Morthil grab a large rock (weighing roughly 30lbs) from outside, carry it back to the "trap" spot, and heave it on from about 15 feet away... nothing happens for a moment, then the entire ceiling suddenly pistons downward at astounding speeds, smashing the rock into fragments and stopping roughly 4 inches from the ground, then slowly retracts back upward, the seams on the ceiling slightly more visible...

Jirandiel and Sceorio look on, a bit startled at the force...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"That was—can we do that again? It's not that I think I see a way to jam it or anything. That looks pretty much impossible. But it was awesome to watch. Almost worth the trouble of building the thing if you're sadistic and really, really hate uninvited guests. I guess the best thing to do now is go a different way.

Then again, if we shoved a pole or something into one of the gaps before the ceiling came back up, maybe that would do something? Or not. It would probably just obliterate whatever we tried to shove into it. I have no idea. You can try it if you like: I'm not going to lug a heavy rock over here. I'd probably get hurt."

T

train

(How big was the "smashed area" - was it one square on the map, two? - I'm curious as to if it could be passed when the object is on the way back up?)

"There must be a switch or stone around here that would disable it so the keepers of this place could pass safely..."

T

train

(Will begin checking the walls for loose stones, sconces, etc.)

"Got... to.... be... a... switch... somewhere...."

P

Prince RXI

(rolls dice)... after half an hour of searching the hallway, Helata's, Sy'kl's, Drogath's, Jaksen's, and Jirandiel's meticulous searching yields nothing...

Sceorio seems a bit annoyed...

"I think someone's playing a joke on us with this..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Maybe we should just go somewhere else? This corridor will still be here later if we need to try again, right?"

T

train

(agreed to head elsewhere...)

"Hmmm... wasting time does us no good - but there has to be safe passage through there somehow..."

P

Prince RXI

(Ok, so do you go to the northern area now? or go backwards and go down the other side path? or do you go back to the main hall and go through that area.)