Silemitas: The Search of Lost Time(?)

P

Prince RXI

The group moves back into their walking order and goes down the previously ignored side-route.

About half-way down the hallway, there is a small alcove where water seems to be running down the wall from a slim gap in the ceiling to go down an equally slim gap in the floor. The Alcove is roughly 15 feet wide and circular.

P

Prince RXI

(yep, which is odd since there's been no rain that you know of over here for a while now and this is probably the highest point on the pillar.)

M

Modus Pwnens

"I've been here before with Jirandiel. There is a dismantled trap in the corner over there, but the weirdest part are those footprints. Someone walked down this way, then carefully walked backwards in his own footprints, very strange. I think someone wanted us to go this way, but someone else beat us to it, and with the trap dismantled over there it should be safe. This part anyway. I have no clue about the water, magic is not something I'm intimately familiar with, and I can't think of any other way (let alone a reason) to get this water here without magic..

Unless someone has any idea what this water is doing here, let's continue, follow those other people, and see if we find ourselves at the other end of the ceiling-trap. If we're lucky they dismantled the traps ahead, which should save us considerable time, and might allow us to catch up."

T

train

"Hmmm... if there's one set of footprints, that were back-tracked over... but then others would have come through and dismantled the trap to continue, we should see other footprints, shouldn't we?... Maybe they want it to appear dismantled? If we proceed, I say we stretch our line out a little..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I can't imagine why anyone would want to waste perfectly good magic on something useless like this, but if you think that's the case, I suppose I could try my detect magic spell. Then again, this is just some silly water wall. Or a deathtrap? I have no idea."

P

Prince RXI

Jirandiel grins slightly and puts a cupped hand into the falling water.

"Me thinks it's more in the way of a luxury than a death trap."

He pulls his hand back and takes a sip, then turns his hand over and lets the last of it drop to the ground.

"It's magicked alright. Probably an eternal creation spell, or even permanent portals to allow it to forever flow... The oddest part is that, even a portal to recur the water would eventually stagnate... Which means the creation theory is most likely, yet still leaves much to the imagination."

Sceorio looks over at Jirnadiel, then groans and puts a hand over his eyes...

P

Prince RXI

As you pass the water wall there seems to be a soft humming sound coming from ahead of you. It increases just slightly as you move forward.

Sy'Kl and Jirandiel move a bit ahead of the party to examine the next section, Returning a minute later, they relay that there's another hallway, but it angles back north and there seems to be a drawing on the floor ((The map shows a pentagram but that's just cause there wasn't any other types of "Drawings" in the maze maker :( )) The odd thing is, the drawing seems to glow a little.

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"What have we here? Let's see..."

What kind of glow does the drawing emit and what is the shape of the drawing?

P

Prince RXI

As you move down the hall-way towards the drawing, you notice that it seems to depict what looks like a battle... as soon as you get close enough to make out the whole thing, it glows brighter and seems almost to float up off the ground.

The image suddenly shifts and before you stands 2 humans with swords and 2 goblins with daggers... and they are looking at you.

M

Modus Pwnens

"I hate it when that happens.."

Morthil draws two daggers and will throw them if the humans or goblins advance or ready a ranged weapon, but holds them if they don't look threatening.
Should there be combat, Morthil will throw a dagger at the first opponent, and the second too if there is time, otherwise I will move to the back and load my crossbow. For now, I'm curious to know if they look hostile..

P

Prince RXI

Entering Initiative: (Should I roll for you guys for this or do you want to be in charge of your own rolls)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*Muttering* "I do like this better than the silly water wall and the corridor of death. Oh, right. Under ordinary circumstances, I'd be happy to do the talking, but I have a strict policy against it when the other party materializes right in front of me and is wielding bladed weapons."

*Helata will hide behind the nearest body and loose a magic missile on whatever seems to be the biggest threat if the party is attacked.*