Shadowmoor Previews

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Cool card, but I'm more interested in this alternate hybrid idea with colorless mana (2/B) and how is affects the converted casting cost of the card (2/B 2/B 2/B equals 6 on the cc).

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, he says it's explained on the card (obviously when the text is released), but it's probably the largest number that it adds up to.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm ALSO interested in reading this product information for the Fat Pack (mtgsalvation.com). 2 additional boosters in the Pack.

Additionally, looking forward to Eventide and wikipedia searching, the set symbols for Eventide and Morningtide appear to connect.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Rakarth

Don't know if anyone else has seen this on MTG News but I thought I'd link it anyway. There seems to be a lot of the hybrid mana floating around in Shadowmoor and it seems a lot less cutsy than Lorwyn :D

Shadowmoor Hybrid mana cards

Rakarth

B

Budget Player Cadet

I'm just interested in seeing a card that says to counterspell, "F You, you lousy piece of fecal matter! You suck! You ought to crawl up in a hole and die!!"
I hate control.

R

Rakarth

No love for control has BPC but hang on, so what does MBC stand for?

Budget Player Cadet said:
Swamp, Dark ritual, dark ritual, five in pool, play syphon mind.

:eek: How did I see this coming? :confused:
Oh yeah, that's right-I took a MBC deck. :D :p ;)

HERE'S YOUR ATTACK TARGET!!
Rakarth

R

Rakarth

Sorry, I failed at irony/sarcasm again :p I was referring to BPC's hate of control, while we're currently playing one in the chaos game :)

Rakarth

B

Budget Player Cadet

Name me a GOOD black counterspell. I just hate stuff like FOW and CS. And Tabernacle.

R

Rakarth

I thought that was the idea of the colours, they have their own weaknesses and strengths. That black deck your playing is doing pretty well at keeping threats off the field as a blue control deck. If you want to play counters, play B/U?

It's why wwe mix colours isn't it? You find something that you want from one colour and something from another and make a two colour deck from it. At least that's how I look at it.

Rakarth

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
So... you hate all forms of good control that you don't play with? Control is only allowable if it's in black? What about Dash Hopes?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Yeah, he says it's explained on the card (obviously when the text is released), but it's probably the largest number that it adds up to.
Actually, I do believe that it's all possibilities....
2/B 2/B 2/B would have a cc of 3, 4, 5 and 6. I think split cards have multiple cc's and it counts for both or either everywhere but when it's on the stack.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
nope

505.2. In every zone except the stack, split cards have two sets of characteristics and two converted mana costs. As long as a split card is a spell on the stack, only the characteristics of the half being played exist. The other half's characteristics are treated as though they didn't exist.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Now, watch them not apply the split card's ruling to these new cards, just to make a fool out of me...... They really don't have to work that hard....

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
See what I mean!!!!!! Did "Mark" say why that was the cc?
I wish the judge list didn't hate me and I could get on it......