Second Singleton Ultimate Draft Matches by Round and Results

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Just so you all know..... the DCI or UDE final tiebreaker is the player that registered first...... ha ha ha ha ha ( I forget which one)

Actually, you shouldn't use opponent win % when you have the same opponents.

Head to head should break all ties...... who won their matchup......

if you don't like that use Players game win %......

Or flip a coin, or better yet, flip Ransac calling heads or tails, whichever breaks when it lands is the winner.....:D

I claim last place is a rout........ :yawn:

B

BigBlue

Woo Hoo! I can claim I'm #1! (in the bottom four... :( )

I so beat up the basement...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Updated with Melkor and my match for the last round. Looks like just one more match left (unless someone's playing BPC's cards....)

turgy22

Nothing Special
So now that this thing is winding down, who's up for a multiplayer game using the draft decks? I know I can't be the only one who had my eye on this when I was picking cards.

I'll give everyone a week or so to sign up and then start it off when Melkor and Modus finish their final match.

B

BigBlue

I'll try my luck too... I don't think this deck will do well...

But, I'd love to try. And this will give me a chance at redemption.

I'll start tuning this thing post haste. :)

Melkor

Alright, so I lost to Modus, creating a 3 way tie overall between Ransac, Modus and myself. So what did we decide about this situation?

We actually don't have the exact same opponents because we didn't play ourselves. Doesn't really help to break ties though because we have the same record.

He actually won 2-0 tieing you guys up. By the way, I personally don't consider games won to be a really good tie breaker because it punishes certain deck constructions. Of course I don't really care about it in this particular instance.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I had posted celebrating my victory in this before Melkor inquired about this. I deleted my post so I could clarify this.

In the event of a 3-way tie, a head-to-head record isn't going to determine anything for us, since we each lost to each other. Therefore, Melkor beating me doesn't give an advantage since I beat MP and MP beat Melkor. This creates an advantage cycle that gets tossed out.

Opponents records gets thrown out as well, since everyone in the tourney faced everyone and the three of us ended up with identical opponent's match winning percentage.

The next tie-breaker is Game Winning percentage. IMHO, this really should be the 1st tie-breaker anyway, after match record. Each of us ended up with a different GW%, ending the standings in the following: Ransac, Modus Pwnens, Melkor.

EDIT: In reference to this statement:
Melkor;280852 said:
By the way, I personally don't consider games won to be a really good tie breaker because it punishes certain deck constructions.
Perhaps it punishes certain deck constructions, but it's the only clear-cut way to determine a winner in our format.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
As an impartial observer, I would have to agree with Ransac's assessment. If you don't use game winning percentage, what else is there?

Congratulations, Ransac!

Melkor

So what is the next tie breaker because I didn't win a game against Modus, meaning you guys have the same games won percentage?

Like I said, I don't like it but I'm not going to object to it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I thought you won game 2 against MP?

EDIT: I'm completely wrong on that stat. It was a 2-0 victory for MP. Re-doing stats.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

No, only two games. I forfeited to the Crucible/Strip Mine and then there was just the next game after that.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay, here's the scenario:

MP, Melkor and Ransac end up with records of 6-1.

Their only losses were to each other, so head-to-head is tossed out for now.

By the very naturing of having the same record and facing the same opponents, their Opponent's Match Winning % is the same.

Game Winning % kicks in. Ransac and Modus Pwnens have Game Winning % of .857 and Melkor has a Game Winning % of .800. Therefore, Melkor is in 3rd.

In MY opinion (and yes, this obviously serves me), the tie-breakers go back to Head-to-Head now that the 3-way tie has been fixed. Which would, again, leave me as 1 and MP as 2.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

RECOUNT!

I figure I'll go with the current Norm Coleman strategy, I say everything is so crazy and undecidable that we have no choice but to do it all over again.

Reusing the head to head is alright but I would say just have a playoff (in the original sense of the word~!).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
So..... MP vs. Ransac for the "title" is what you're suggesting?

What does everyone else think?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a bit confused, which shouldn't surprise anyone :)

So with this
the tie-breakers go back to Head-to-Head now that the 3-way tie has been fixed. Which would, again, leave me as 1 and MP as 2.
Is it because Ransa beat Modus? If so, then I agree.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yes. It's because Ransac beat Modus.

We've still yet to hear from Modus about this.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

I suggest that it's a tie.

This is round robin, we didn't lay out ground rules in advance for breaking ties...

For those of us in the bottom half, the three headed hydra that was Melkor/Ransac/Modus was superior to our drafting skills and you guys are tied... this isn't the NFL or the Pro Tour. It's a casual forum game. And by excluding one of the top 3, you're sort of like the BCS... and it isn't fair here either. I think if the three of you played eachother 100 times, you'd likely as not finish about even...