RPG...Chapter Two...There's a new Sherrif in town...

R

Rando

To all upstairs -
You continue to make small talk.

To Morgoth -
You grab a bar stool and throw open the kitchen door.

Inside you find the serving maid squating over the body of the inn keeper. She sobs uncontrolably. when you enter she starts and scoots away from you with a look of great fear on her face.

You now get a good look at the body. The inn keeper is laying facedown in a pool of his own blood. Deep in his back is an ornate, gilded and jewled dagger.

Laying casually on the barkeep's back is another note...sealed in wax and bearing a different mark.

B

BigBlue

"......... So, as I was saying, the ecology of the..."

"Oh, what is it Morgoth? You look as though you've seen a ghost?"

R

rkoelsch

"The Innkeeper is dead. Follow me"

Rush back downstairs make sure evrything looks the same as it was when I left.

R

Rando

To morgoth - (And anyone taht followed him)

Yes, the scene does look the same...except that the maid is now gone.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Thats awfully curious, why would anyone want to kill the barkeep?"

*I walk over to the corpse, being careful not to disturb the body, pick up the note, and hand it to Veritoch

"You seem to be all about letters this evening, so why break the trend."

B

BigBlue

**until Morgoth says something, I'm assuming I know nothing of the missing maid.**

Once I arrive in the room, I hold my staff above my head and utter a command word which illuminates the room brightly. Look around the room for any movements after verifying the innkeeper is dead (If he's not, try to use a healing salve on his wound.)

To everyone-
"Someone stealthy should check out the tavern and close outside for possible perpetrators."

To Morgoth-
"Do you recognize this new symbol in the seal?"

R

rkoelsch

"When I came in the maid was crying over him. She looked up and looked afraid then ran off. I wonder if she thinks I killed him?"

Look at the seal.

B

BigBlue

**Hmm, how fresh is the wound? Could it have been the Maid within the last few minutes?**

P

Prince RXI

Kaflant followed all that went down and as soon as he entered the room, just starts to cry.

"Old friend... I... do wish... I... knew who did... this... why did... this happen!"

B

BigBlue

To Kaflant-
"You knew the Barkeep? How did you know him?"

Puzzled look on my face now...

P

Prince RXI

Kaflant stops and regains his composure

To Vertioch
"Ahem... He was my best friend in this area of the world. Whenever I came around here, he always made sure the attic was ready for my... needs..."

Kaflant begins to cry again, but just a little

"I... will truely miss him..."

Here comes the waterworks if ya know what I mean... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* wow, this moved quickly all of a sudden :) *

"I'll check out the rest of the tavern and the outside."

R

rkoelsch

"The knife indicates a wizard, cleric or noble they are the ones who favor appearance over functionality. Although I have to admit this one accomplished it's function. Still not something a warrior or one of the locals would have."

Try to take a closer look at the dagger without touching it.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"You're right Morgoth, I doubt an asassin or warrior would use such an ornate weapon, not to mention leave it behind."

*I check around the walls of the room, making sure nothing is out of the ordinary

B

BigBlue

"Hmm. It could also indicate a hasty retreat? Perhaps the assailant was interupted? I wonder if we can find the maid. She may have seen something, or been the killer."

R

Rando

Wow...so many questions needing answers...

To all players -

You all spread out and get to your investigative work.

The kitchen seems to be in order...except you notice that the back door is hanging open just a crack.

The seal on the note is in the same secret language...but this one means "stealth".

The dagger is lovely and seems to be quite expensive, but you can't tell anything about it's origins.

The bartender is certainly dead.

No one is found outside in the alley or on the street. All seems quiet.

Now where did that maid go?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"We ought to find the maid, perhaps she can provide further information. Morgoth might have a good chance of getting it since he was friendly with her earlier and she seemed to reciprocate."

I check the ground and door closely for any clues.

R

rkoelsch

"I hate mysteries they make my head hurt"

Look around for some ale