RPG...Chapter Two...There's a new Sherrif in town...

R

Rando

THE RULES!

1. Never assume anything...ask me.

2. Never take control of or post the actions of another character or a "NPC" (which is anyone not being played by a participant of this game.

3. Never go off on some tangent like..."I do this, then this, then the other guy goes down so I set him on fire and when he screams I'll put him out and when the guards come in I'll lightning bolt them and..."

4. One action at a time, please. State you want your character to do ~this~, then wait for my response.

5. Post your character's name in the subject line of each of your posts.

6. Disable your signiture.

The game continues...

The bar patrons begin to file out as the day's buisness winds down. Eventualy the downstairs commons room is empty and the front door locked.

To Dorgath, Morgoth, Vertioch and Ryld -

The barkeep tells you that you have use of the meeting room for as long as you like...as long as you're quiet.

The meeting room is on the 2nd floor. There is one door leading in. It also has two windows on the far wall that over look the street in front of the inn.

As you all go in, a young serving maid follows behind. "I'm at your service me lords." she says, and bows her head in suplication.

To Kaflant -
What are you doing?

To Nightstalkers -
Name your character and I'll get started with you.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right dear, bring another round of drinks for myself and my companions to the meeting hall."

I stomp off and await the opening of the letter.

R

rkoelsch

I will hand the note to Vertioch and look at the windows make sure they are secure.

" I have something that maid could help me with!"

R

Rando

To Morgoth -

The maid blushes at your comment.

The windows have no bars or locks..only some wooden shutters with a simple hook latch. I supose the fact that it's 12 feet off of the ground counts as some kind of security, but that's about it.

B

BigBlue

Well, I apologize for putting too much in.... I was just trying to sum up... Also, I again apologize to NS and PXI if they didn't understand why I was excluding them. it wasn't about them, just that I/we? got suspicious when the note showed up.

"Does the sigil for Poison usually mean Poison is enclosed? I'm not familiar with this."

Also, I will attempt to determine if there are any magical effects on the note itself.

R

rkoelsch

"My, you are a pretty thing"

whether she is or not is not important, just want to keep my eyes on her while she is in the room.

R

Rando

To BigBlue -
No apology needed.

To Vertioch -

The symbol simply means "poison". Whether this is a label, the person it's addressed to or something else entirely is unknown.

You do not detect any magical effects on the seal, the wax, or the envelope.

To Morgoth -
The maid (who is indeed a delectible little tart) giggles at your comment. She then asks (you specificly) "Is there anything else you require?"

R

rkoelsch

there is a noticeable internal struggle but at last to the maid, "Alas, we have some things to take care of but maybe later?"

:(

P

Prince RXI

Kaflant wakes with a start.

"Poison?!?"

Kaflant changes and goes to the meeting room.

B

BigBlue

Vertioch sends the maid out for a bowl of fruit/snacks/whatever to get her out of the room for a few minutes.

I then summon an Unseen Servant and order it to open the note and lay it on the table while I stand at the other side of the room, hopefully with the others. We will be standing close to the door, hopefully preventing interuption. We don't need dead maids in here... :)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Ryld is sitting at a chair close to the doorway, cleaning the dirt from beneath his fingernails with a small dagger. Seemingly oblivious to whats going on, but actually setting his keen draegloth ears to make sure the maid has truly taken her leave.

R

Rando

To all players -
The maid bows and leaves the room to fetch you all your snacks and drinks.

To Vertioch -
The unseen servant takes the envelope from your hand and procedes to the far end of the room.

With the envelope floating in mid-air, the wax seal is broken and the paper unfolded. The note is then set gently on the table. There are no noticible effects as a result of the note being opened.

To Ryld -
Someone is at the door, but it's too soon for the maid to have returned.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<gulping down ale> "Well, that certainly was exciting. Let's have a look-see at the actual note now, shall we?"

R

rkoelsch

"Well since they passed it to me, I will take a look."

Try to read the note without touching it.

R

rkoelsch

After reading the note I roll it up and put it in my vest. To Dorgath and Vertioch, "Since I have worked with you before, I will trust you". I then whisper the contents to them

R

Rando

To All Players -

I think it's cool to use PM's to show private moments and conversations. I'm suprised we haven't thought to do this before.

But, could you please PM me with whatever corospondence you are having. As the "gamemaster" I should be in the know.

Thanks!

R

rkoelsch

I head for the door. "I think I will go see what is keeping that wench, we're dying of thirst up here."

** feeling a little left out. Not so Omnipotenet now! j/k please don't turn me into a newt

R

Rando

*poof*, you are a newt.

to all players -
We'll have to pause here, because there's someone at the door and we have to wait for Ryld to respond to that. (see about 7 posts up)

*poof*, you are no longer a newt.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*I make a gesture to the others, indicating that someone is outside. I slowly draw my Blade, an ebony broadsword adorned with silver runes, and open the door. I am careful to be on my guard yet to still seem non-threatening(well as non-threatening as a draegloth with a broadsword can be:D )