RPG...Chapter Two...There's a new Sherrif in town...

R

Rando

To Ryld -
You open the door and find on the threshold the stranger form downstaris...the one who got into the confrontation with the sherrif...Kaflant.

To Kaflant -
The door to the meeting room was opened for you, and you see several people inside that you recognize as having been downstairs in the bar earlier that evening. You seem to have interupted something.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*I sheath my sword, and eye Kaflant suspiciously(because as we all know its the best way to eye someone)

To Kaflant "Can I help you?"

P

Prince RXI

"I heard the word 'Poison' mentioned. As all followers of paladinic code, I came to see what was amiss... Oh, I am sorry, where are my manners... I am Kaflant, dragoon of the north, order of The Followers of Bahamut, may He be eternal. I am here by His wishes, for I am guided by His hands alone. May I be of some help here?"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*I look towards Veritoch

"Well, what do you think?"

B

BigBlue

*Do I know anything about this Bahamut? To Rando.*

To Kaflant-
"Where did you hear of this poison? We were simply reading a note discretely passed to one of us. It would appear that this town is having a bit of trouble with it's sheriff. Of course when the Law doesn't respect those in good knightly standing, that can seem obvious."

To Morgoth -
"Wouldn't you agree, Sir Morgoth?"

R

rkoelsch

"There does appear to be something going on with the Sheriff. And don't call me sir, I work for a living. I am going to see what's keeping the maid."

attempt to go downstairs

P

Prince RXI

"I have my reasons for knowing that the word "poison" is in this hold. As a follower of Bahamut, may He be heard, when the word poison is ever uttered or even read, I... know."

R

Rando

To Vertioch -
Hm...good question. I'll go out on a limb and say "no", Bahumut is an obscure little religion that you've never heared of. (since it has nothing to do with my story and is only part of RXI's character background)

Morgoth -
You leave the meeting room and head downstairs. It's dark in the bar area, with only a few embers in the fireplace providing an ghostly red glow. Behind the bar you can see beneath the kithchen door some light, and the shadows of someone in there moving about. There is no sound, and everyone else at the inn seems to have turned in for the night.

To all other players -
You all are still in the meeting room, getting to know one another.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right, while we're here, let's get acquainted. I know Morgoth and Vertioch, having adventured with them before. Ryld and Kaflant, I'm from the Breckfol Mountains and a veteran of the Goblin Wars. I'm currently on my way to seek news of any goblin movements around this area.

What brings you here?"

R

rkoelsch

Carefully loosen my knife in it's sheath and advance into the kitchen but not til my eyes have adjusted to the low light level.

"Girl, are you in here? Where are the drinks?"

R

Rando

To Morgoth -
There is no reply...but the movement in the kitchen stops when you speak.

(You would know this before you entered, so you do not have to enter if you don't want to...your post said you were going in but I thought you should have that tidbit first.

R

rkoelsch

Draws my dagger looks around for something to use as a second weapon or at least a shield(like a barstool). Burst into the Kitchen.

"Crom take thee!!!!"

**Think I am afraid, not me, oh is the newt thing fully wore off?

B

BigBlue

Perhaps a Fork and a Plate? :)

Meanwhile, back where everyone else is-

"I wonder if Morgoth is 'Checking on the Drinks,' or if he really is checking on the drinks? He seemed to be eyeing the maid a little closely. :)"

"Well, we can always use an extra sword or two. I am Vertioch. I come from the west across the sea. I am a barrister by trade, and magic is my hobby. I mostly roam the countryside, wherever my path will take me."

Vertioch starts looking for some wine glasses. "Anyone else care for a little Wine? It's a fairly good vintage."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"As I said before my name is Ryld Mizzrym. I was born in Menzoberranzan, the city of spiders and capital of the Drow empire. I am the herald of the city's leading House, House Baenre. I was apprentice under Gromph Baenre, although I'm little more than a task mage, my skill with a blade makes up for it."

"I came to the surface to deliver a message to a city of wood elves from Quenthel Baenre. On my way back to the underdark I decided to stop in here for a drink...and here I am"

P

Prince RXI

"I am here in search of an adventure. As for what I am... I think now is not the time to speak it... anyway, I have been here and around many time in the past... oh say... 100 years... and this part seems to be "going to the dog". By Bahamut, round about here has seen better times, if not better people, of course this group seems to be a breath of fresh air for here and there."

**Oh, and if anyone is wondering, Kaflant personally tries to talk in riddles more often than not**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Great. I hate eating and drinking with strangers.

Ryld, have you heard anything about goblins whereabouts or settlements?"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"I personally haven't heard anything about goblins. Most of my messages are delivered to Drow towns and cities, and they rarely gossip about any of the "lower creatures" Drow are quite a pretentious lot."

*I take a glass of wine from Veritoch

B

BigBlue

**I think we are awaiting the results of downstairs?**

**If Morgoth doesn't return within 10 minutes, then I might start to worry...**

"Goblins rarely make there plans known. They are a covert race, preferring to move about in the darkness. What makes you think they are planning something Dorgath? Or is it simply time to keep the goblin population down, hehe."

**Trying to continue small talk to pass the time.**

P

Prince RXI

"I was wondering... Why is the word 'poison' in this house if not on the lable of one of the innkeeper's bottles? As for the goblins... I am sure they pose no immediate threat for this night. Sometimes I wonder... 'What is their reason on this world? Why were goblins made and what were they made for?' Anyway, let us drop this talk of goblins and get back to the problem in this room..."