RPG, Chapter 6: The Battle with the Beast

E

EricBess

Okay, well I guess my post can be put above Randos.

Without getting any closer to the dragon, I speak to it, "We were willing to talk Naren. Your attack was unprovoked."

S

sageridder

"This did not have to be wurm.Why were you killing the dwarves?"
***While speaking I quickly scan around the cavern.Do we appear to be alone here rando?***

R

Rando

To all players -
You all seem to be alone in the cavern, with the dragon that is.

The wurm speaks, "For thousands of years, I have rulled these mountains. One day, I awake and find it swarming with insignificant little verman. Why should I not be angered? Why should I not protect my home? Why should I not drive off the tresspassers? Ask yourselves...ask yourselves...who is in...the wrong..."

With that, the dragon of the Breckfol mountains breaths no more.

S

sageridder

"Tis truly a shame they could not have worked this out without all this unnecessary death."
***I am walking towards the beast as i speak.When I am close to the head I will attempt to quickly drive my sword through the eye into the brain and twist several times.***
"Better to be sure."

R

rkoelsch

"Intolerance is never an acceptable excuse among intelligent races" I go into the other room to check out the booty

E

EricBess

"True. This beast may have been the most noble creature alive, but it was his chose to not seek a peaceful coexistance. T'wil be a sweet, sad tale sung of this journey for many years to come."

The gold has little meaning to me, but seeing as it doesn't have a current owner, I'll take a bit before we leave, "We should try to distribute most of this to those who have been wronged by Naren."

R

Rando

And so it was the the brave band of adventurers that went off to the Breckfol Mountains in search of a dragon returned home but 5 in number, and one very life-like statue.

To this day, the song is sung of that valiant group in alehouses and festivals, from the sea-ports of Radafel to the cold halls of Vilnarok.

It is said that the good heros of our story cared more for the glory and honnor then for gold. As such, many versions of this tale end with, "And there still be gold in that forsaken cavern, waiting but for the brave and foolish to come and take it."

Fade to black..

Roll credits...

Staring
EricBess as Jaspar
rkoelsh as Roland
Spiderman as Dorgath
sageridder as Zilore
Daggertooth as Nychus
Rando as Stephen, Archway, Thedlyn and the The Dragon

And introducing Sidar Jabari, who played the mysterious Narren up until the mine-shaft scene.

My many thanks go out to 27 some odd people that abandoned the game. Your quitting made it all much more manageable.

Praise God, Mother, Jugs and Speed...

E

EricBess

Another fabulous adventure comes to an end. One small correction, however. We did return home 5 in number. Stephen was left outside, but he was recovering from his wounds.

Thanks to everyone for making this another enjoyable RPG. I look forward to the next endeavor.

S

sageridder

Another every enjoyable game.There are six survivors tho.Dorgath still has Nychus in his pack.

R

Rando

The final post has been edited for the corections.

I still wonder what happened to ol' Sidar Jabari.

We conspired together for him to play the wurm polymorphed into human form, but one day he disapeared and I never heared from him.

Daggertooth and I also came up with a way for his charater to be removed from the game with out being out-right killed. That way, he can use Nychus again in the next game.

So, tell me Jaspar. Did you return to marry Elsie?

R

rkoelsch

Thank you Rando and thanks to all the particpants for allowing me to join this very enjoyable and addictive diversion.

S

sageridder

My man Rando tells a good tale,and plays fair.Stay onboard it only gets better.Just watch when DÛKE joins the party.I'm just glad that Rando's admission to being a cerial killer, and lenghty trial won't slow us down.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo-hoo! Great game, Rando!

Although I feel I need some tying up of loose ends... like did ANY of Thedlyn's clan survive? And did this dragon kill a real Naren and take his identity?

R

Rando

Loose ends, huh?

Naren was another dragon hunter that went off insearch of this particular wurm. The dragon caught and killed him, and then took his form when he caught wind of another group coming to do him harm.

As for the other dwarves, I'd have to say that the few that were not killed by the dragon were most likely driven off, so that clan is no more.

I'll have to remember that. All of the message-board RPG's I've run take place in the same generic fantasy land. Maybe someday I'll have a little over-view of the land for all the players to help flesh them out. My scanner is broken, so I can't do the map I would have liked.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So was this dragon in the habit of taking people's forms? Were they any legends that referred to him from the centuries before? I like stuff like that :)

R

Rando

When I do my little world over-view, I'll be sure to include the tale of the now slain Breckfol Dragon.

As far as I can remember, this dragon had been sleeping for a very long time, and the dwarves of the area just recently woke him. He was not known of before hand.

D

Daggertooth

*clap, Clap, Clap.*

Bravo, Bravo. That was a great story. A very nice ending to it.

Sorry to all the players for having to leave so soon. Various camps had to take me away.

Perhaps the next time I will be able to see it through.

Till then, good game.

Daggertooth