RPG, Chapter 6: The Battle with the Beast

S

sageridder

"Dorgath take this."

***I hand half of the papers to him.***

"They are Naren's travel papers and deeds.His full name is Naren Deseltain If we have to we might be able to use this to our advantage if need be.Looks like the battle has found us.I'm going in May the fates smile on us this day."

***I'm heading for naren,taking advantage of any cover along the way.Swords are draw and at the ready.When and if I am able to get close enough if he is in range I will attempt to do blade dance at 1/3 energy usage.***

R

rkoelsch

I am going to try and cast an invisibility spell. After the attempt I will move left and hold off firing for a few seconds to see if it works. If it looks like he can still find me I will continue firing.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll use my athletic grace and abilities to dodge near him and use my Hands O' Steel to deliver crippling blows.

E

EricBess

I take the sword with me (is there a sheath?) and head back to the entrance of the cave.

R

Rando

To Roland -
you cast your invisibility spell and move closer to the beast. He does not (seem to) pay you any notice.

To Dorgath and Zilore -
Archway is back on his feet as you enter the frey. The three of you continue to rain blows upon the creature and still manage to gracefully dodge out of the way. The dragon begins to look angry and tired. Perhaps all of you are too much to handle after all?

To Jaspar -
As you exit the cave, you see in the sun that the sword's blade is carved with runes from cross-piece to tip. The hilt is carved from bone and has a single ruby set in the pommel (the end of the handle). It feels very light in your hand. Looking down the ravine, you see Dorgath, Zilore and Archway fighting the monster.

S

sageridder

***I Shout this as I battle on.***
"Naren,...Naren Deseltain the end of Your rein of terror draws near!"
***I never leave my back to archway if I can help it.***

R

Rando

To all players -
The beast speaks in a low bellowing voice, "Ha! That fool came looking for me, thinking he could best me. Just as I shall do with you, I destroyed him!"

The dragon now fights with a renewed energy and fierocity.

"I heared that the great Archway De'Gris was hunting for me, so I took that little man's form. I walked with you for a time so that I would know your weaknesses. Now, you all shall die!"

With that, the dragon rears back and then snaps his head forward, lightning quick, and breaths upon Archway. A great gust of flame leaps about the famed dragon hunter, and he is soon reduced to a pile of ashes...

S

sageridder

***I try to take advantage him bringing his neck so close by trying to do a blade dance 1/3 energy if I am quick enough.If I am not I do belive I shall seek better cover.***

"I always thought those flintlocks were kinda underpowered for the real action.Big sissy with a fancy hat."

E

EricBess

Staying on the enbankment of the ravine, I try to get in a position above the dragon. If I get the chance within drawing attention to myself, I try to jump on it's back with the sword ready.

R

rkoelsch

Staying away from the others I try to look for any chink in his armor, or vulnerable spot.

R

Rando

To Jaspar -
As you make your way across the bank of the ravine, you spot Stephen. He is above the fight, moving back and forth, following the dragon's movements. He has his ax out and seems to be getting ready to jump.

He notices you and says, "Well, Jaspar, did we both have the same notion? And where did you get that fancy blade?"

To Zilore -
Right after the dragon has destroyed Archway, his neck is streched long right in front of you. You bring your blades down and across, whirling about and hacking away. The beast screams in pain and anger and reals backwards on it's hind legs.

To Roland and Dorgath -
As the creature moves up on it's hind legs, you see that it's underbelly is not scaled: it is instead covered with a bumpy hide.

R

rkoelsch

try to fire some blasts at the underbelly of the creature when it raises up. After I fire I move.

S

sageridder

"Don't need him taking flight again."
***I will attempt to make as many cuts in the wing closest to me as possible.***

E

EricBess

"This old thing? It's previous owner didn't really need it anymore, so I asked if I could borrow it. Glad to see you, by the way. I figured it would take more than a little forest fire to do you any harm."

I'm still looking for a chance to attack. How close was the dragon when it reared?

R

Rando

To Jaspar -
When the dragon rears back, you and stephen both see this as a perfect opertunity. You both leap onto the dragon; you land on it's neck, stephen right on it's head.
Stephen begns to hack away, holding on dearly with one hand while cutting with the other.

To Roland, Dorgath and Zilore -
You all begin to rain blow after blow onto the dragon. Soon, it's underside is slashed and burned, it's wing is tatered and torn, and it would seem that Dorgath has even broken one of it's ribs with a massive, crushing blow!

The beast is now confused and frustrated. It finds it difficult to hit any of you as it flails about. All it's attacks are easily dodged.

**It was pretty nifty. I look down at the "# of users on the board", and it was just us 5.**

E

EricBess

***That's pretty funny ;)

Holding on with my knees, I raise up the sword and (attempt to) plundge it deep in the beast's neck. I then turn the ring to the base of the wound and shout the command words.