RPG, Chapter 6: The Battle with the Beast

S

sageridder

***I will drop my swords,pullout that nasty battle axe I got from the bandit leader and try to sink it into the beasts chest.***

R

rkoelsch

Try to concentrate my bolts on where I think the heart is.

"Your reign of terror is over with foul beast"

** Invisibility lets you get pretty cocky

R

Rando

To all players -
You all gang up on the beast. Seeing the oppurtunity, several of you inflict terrible wounds on the dragon's underside. Meanwhile, Jaspar and Stephen continue to hack away on it's neck and head. Stephen is having a tough time at this, but Jaspar finds that his new blade easily cuts through the beast's scales.

The dragon realizes that the fight is lost. He begins to spew his flame all around. It is not concentrated enough to serriously harm those of you on the ground, but it does keep you back.

With a sudden, desperate burst of strength, the monster bucks Jaspar and Stephen off, causing both to fall to the rocky ground.

The monster then turns as quickly as it's wounds will allow, and runs for it's cave.

R

rkoelsch

"Zilore, are you able to cast that light again? I don't think we can afford to have this dragon get away. Who knows what shape it will turn up in next." I go over to see if Jasper and Stephen are okay.

S

sageridder

"Good idea,I'll cast it into the cave.Let us not give it too much of a lead on us"
***I cast light into the cave.I put the axe away and pick up the swords.Swords drawn I follow the beast.***

E

EricBess

"I--I'm fine. Just a bit shaken, that's all." I gather up the sword and make sure everyone else is okay.

R

Rando

**No! We're not done...I've just had a crazy past few days.**

To all players -
The dragon half runs, half shambles out of the ravine and into the clearing. He enters the cave at the exact moment that Zilore's light spell takes effect. You can all see the beast dissapear down the slope of the cavern, but at least you know he's not right inside, waiting for an abush.

You hear a groan from Stephen. He is still on the ground, clutching his side. "I...I think my ribs are broken from the fall. I fear I am of no more use to you on this quest." You can see blood seeping through his shirt where he holds himself.

R

rkoelsch

go up to Dorgath and ask," Can you see me?"
checking to see if invisibility is still functional.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Wha? See who?"

I kneel besides Stephen and take a deep breath. I slowly enter my meditative trance, pouring my healing energy into him.

R

Rando

To Roland -
Yes, your invisibility spell is still working.

To Dorgath -
Stephen enters a deep, healing slumber. You see that the bleeding has stopped, and he seems to be out of pain.

R

rkoelsch

head after the Dragon keeping to the right side of the cave.
will not outrun the light.

S

sageridder

***I will follow the beast,trying to take advantage of any cover along the way.I will cast light as needed about 20 yards ahead of my location at a time.I am moving cautiously watching for tripwires,and the like.***

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I make Stephen comfortable and hidden, then rise and follow the others, keeping a slow pace to regain my stamina and endurance.

E

EricBess

I help Dorgath take care of Stephen and thank him for his concern. I then follow the others into the cave.

R

Rando

To all players -
The cave is lit as if by day light; nothing is hidden.

You see in the mouth of the cave scattered bones and broken weapons. The cave slopes downward and thins as it goes into a wide tunnell. You see furtherback, a huge pile of coins and gems, armour and weapons, trinkets and goods. These are all pileed in heaps at the back of the cave.

The tunnel at the back is winding, so you can not see where it leads. The dragon is no where in sight.