RPG, Chapter 6: The Battle with the Beast

E

EricBess

I keep my voice low, but loud enough that the others can hear, "Be careful. If he's changed forms, he could be hiding almost anyware."

R

Rando

To all players -
You creep through the cave, towards the tunnel at the back. As you reach the rear, it is difficult to avoid the piles of coins, and each of you make "chinkleing" sounds as you walk.

As you reach the tunnel, you hear, at a distance, a child crying.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I keep on truckin' with my usual care down the tunnel, but check for secret doors or trapdoor that he may have ducked into.

S

sageridder

***As we continue I will keep checking over my shoulder,I don't want to find out the hard way if he can make himself look like a pile of coins or a rock.***

R

Rando

To all players -
You make your way down the long and winding tunnel. The passage is only about 4 feet wide and 6 feet tall. It is of natural stone, and shows no signs of secret doors or traps.

Eventually, the tunnel opens up into a huge and grand cavern. It's ceiling is at least 100 feet high, and the room it's self is 500 feet or more wide. Great stalagtites and stalagmites, some 50 feet long, some only 1 foot bristle both on the floor of the cavern and the ceiling.

To the left side, against the wall, you see chained up a young boy, maybe 10 years old. His dirty clothes are tattered, and the bruises and marks on him show that he has been beaten. He crys ans wimpers patheticly as the four of you enter.

E

EricBess

"Cover me"

With my sword ready, I approach the boy and check the back of his head and neck for injuries.

S

sageridder

"Watch yourself jaspar."
***Swords drawn I watch this interaction.Rando do the obvious marks on the boy seem to be in the places we hit the dragon?Like one of the arms (cause we cut up the wing),the stomach,and the back of the head?***

R

Rando

To Zilore -
As a matter of fact, yes!

To all players -
As you get close to the boy, in a flash it transforms back to the dragon, and grabs Jaspar by the neck!

"One move closer, and your friend dies! I sugest you all leave, now..."

To Jaspar - Your sword is still in your hand.

To everyone else -
You can see that the dragon is weak and tired.

R

rkoelsch

Concentrating as hard as I can. I end the invisibilty spell and attempt to launch a bolt from my staff straight over over my head. Yelling, "Come and get me, Worm"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, this is just great. Apparently we weren't cautious enough...

I'll call upon my hidden reserves of strenght and launch myself at the dragon's arm holding Jasper, trying to break it like a little twig :)

E

EricBess

*** Glad to see everyone taking the threat seriously (snap). lol

I drop a smoke bomb and use the ring on the dragon's hand. If I survive and manage to break free, I swing the sword behind me more or less where the dragon's neck is.

E

EricBess

Note to Rando: My assumption is the dragon sees the sword and it expecting me to try to use it. I hope to catch it by surprise by using the ring instead. :)

R

Rando

To Roland -
The dragon looks your direction in suprise as you reapear. You next see a cloud of black smoke and a flash of fire, and Jaspar tumbling to the ground, and then your magical bolt slamming into it's chest...

To Jaspar -
The beast howls as the flame strikes it's hand. He lets you go. In the smoke cloud you have now created, it is difficult to take aim and hit a specific location, but you can tell that you are hitting the dragon somewhere...

To Dorgath -
Suddenly beset by 2 suprise attacks, the dragon is unready for your assult. Your stout, heavy frame smashes into the wurm, sending him into the wall and on his back...

To Zilore -
? What's up?

S

sageridder

*** I will rush in under the smoke, and try to pull jaspar out of stomping range.***

R

Rando

To Zilore -
You pull Jaspar safely out of the way just as the wurm's tail slams into the gound.

To All players -
When the smoke clears, you see that the dragon lies in a crumpled heap. It is on it's back, one wing streched out, the other snapped and pinned under the beast's own body. It breaths hevily, it's eye lids drooping, but all it's energy is spent. The wurm looks you all over, neither making sound nor movement. A small trickling of blood comes stedily from the corner of it's mouth.

E

EricBess

I don't want to keep hacking at the dragon in case other people are around. If I managed to get a good solid blow at the dragon, I will twist the blade. Otherwise, I will take a step back and get out of everyone else's line of fire.