Random cards, maybe...

D

DÛke

Rain of Sparks (2RR)
Sorcery
Put 7 Spark tokens into play. Treat each as a 1/1 Red creature with haste. Sacrifice all Spark tokens at the end of the turn.

Lightning Manifest (1R)
Sorcery
Lightning Manifest deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Put 2 Spark tokens into play for each damage dealt this way. Treat each token as a 1/1 Red creature with haste. Sacrifice all Spark tokens at the end of the turn.

Focused Bolt (R)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Focused Bolt, you may search your graveyard, hand, and library for all Focused Bolt cards and remove them from the game.
Focused Bolt deals 1 damage to target creature or player plus an additional 1 damage to that creature or player for each Focused Bolt card removed from the game when Focused Bolt was cast.

D

DÛke

Extreme Paranoia (1U)
Instant
Counter target spell if it is the first spell cast this turn.

Cold Detachment (1U)
Instant
Counter target spell if it is not the first spell cast this turn.

Desolate the Desolated (1B)
Instant
Destroy target creature if it is the only creature in play.

Streak of Active Minds (U)
Instant
You can only play Streak of Active Minds if it is the only card in your hand.
Draw 2 cards.

Apocalyptic Measures (2RR)
Sorcery
You can only play Apocalyptic Measures if it is the only card in your hand.
Each player sacrifices 3 permanents.

Miraclous Intervention (WW)
Instant
Play God's Will only if you have 5 or less life.
Counter target spell and remove it from the game. You gain life equal to its total mana cost.

Immortal Strike (2WW)
Instant
Target permanent becomes indestructible until end of the turn. You gain life equal to its total mana cost.

Deadness (2BB)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Deadness, search your graveyard, hand, and library for all creatures and remove them from the game.
Remove all creatures from the game.

Angel of Lost Essence (3BB)
Sorcery
Remove target card in any graveyard from the game. Search the graveyard, hand, and library of that card's owner for all copies of that card and remove them from the game and shuffle that player's library. Then, put an Angel token into play. Treat it as Black creature with flying that has power and touchness each equal to the mana cost of the card removed by Angel of Lost Essence.

D

DÛke

Blackhole (3RR)
Enchantment
XXR: Each player sacrifice a non-land permanent with total mana cost of X.

Malfunction (1UU)
Instant
Counter target spell or activated ability unless its caster pays 3.

Arctic Vortex (UUU)
Enchantment
When Arctic Vortex comes into play, put a Freeze counter on all tapped lands.
Lands with Freeze counters on them don't untap during their controller's untap step.

Falling Earth (3RR)
Sorcery
Target player sacrifices 2 lands.

Void Bomb (1BBB)
Enchantment
At the beginning of your next upkeep, remove Void Bomb from the game and choose target player. That player discards all cards in his or her hand.

Psycho Bomb (1UUU)
Enchantment
At the beginning of your next upkeep, remove Psycho Bomb from the game and draw 4 cards.

Mystical Forces (1U)
Creature - Illusion
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Mystical Forces.
1U: draw a card.
1/5

Mystical Lightning (4R)
Creature - Illusion
Haste
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Mystical Lightning.
10/1

Mysticism 2U
Instant
Skip your next upkeep step and draw step.
Draw 2 cards.

Mystic Cycle (3U)
Instant
Skip your next upkeep and draw a card. Search your library for a Mystic Cycle card and put into your hand, then shuffle your library.

D

DÛke

Pulstar (2UU)
Creature - Illusion
Discard a card: at the beginning of your next upkeep, Pulstar gains +3/+3 and flying until end of the turn. Play this ability as a sorcery and only once each turn.
3/3

Fatebringer (1U)
Creature - Wizard
Discard a card: at the beginning of your next upkeep, draw a card. Play this ability as a sorcery and only once each turn.
1/2

Chamber of Wisdom (3)
Artifact
3: at the beginning of your next upkeep, draw a card. Play this ability as a sorcery.

Soularspinner (3BB)
Creature - Avatar
Trample
Pay half your life, rounded up: at the beginning of your next upkeep, Soularspinner gains +X/+X until end of the turn, where X is the life paid this way.
3/3

Mind Control (2UU)
Instant
Counter target spell unless its caster pays 3. If that spell is countered, remove it from the game and search its caster's hand, graveyard, and library for all copies of that spell and remove them from the game, then shuffle that player's library.

Mind Spike (B)
Sorcery
Look at target player's hand and choose a non-land card. That player discards that card unless he or she pays 2.

Psychosis (2B)
Sorcery
Name 3 non-land cards. All players reveal their hands and discard all of the named cards.

Paranoid Measures (2UU)
Instant
Counter target spell.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Paranoid Measures is in your hand, you may reveal it to all players. If you do, look at each player's hand.

D

DÛke

Mephisto's Pact (2BB)
Sorcery
Search your library for 2 cards, shuffle your library, and put them on top of your library in any order.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Mephisto's Pact is in your graveyard, you lose 2 life.

Holocaust (3B)
Sorcery
Each player sacrifices all creatures he or she controls that have power of 2 or less.

Ritualist (1B)
Creature - Monk
Whenever Ritualist is put into the graveyard due to being sacrificed, return it to your hand instead.
2/1

Intensify (1R)
Instant
Until end of the turn, double all damage instants and sorceries would deal.

Idleness (2UU)
Sorcery
Players skip their next 2 draw steps.

D

DÛke

Counter Measures (3UU)
Instant
Choose one: counter target spell, or seach your library for up to 3 cards named Counter Measures and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Disillusion (3UU)
Sorcery
Choose one: return up to 2 target permanents back to owner's hand, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Disillusion and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Necropsoia (B)
Sorcery
Choose one: draw a card and you lose 1 life, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Necropsoia and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Brain Damage (B)
Sorcery
Choose one: target player discards a card, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Brain Damage and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Spiritual Strain (B)
Sorcery
Choose one: target player loses 2 life, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Spiritual Strain and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Overwhelming Void (1BB)
Sorcery
Choose one: target player sacrifices a permanent, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Overwhelming Void and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

D

DÛke

Brainwashed Agent (1UU)
Creature - Human Politician
When Brainwashed Agent is put into the graveyard from play, you may pay X and remove it from the game. If you do, draw X cards.
2/2

Thousand Faces (3U)
Creature - Illusion
Flying
Whenever a creature comes into play, it becomes an exact copy of Thousand Faces.
2/2

Lightning Rod (1RR)
Sorcery
Target creature becomes a 6/1 red creature with haste and trample until end of the turn.

Eternal Manifestation (X1UU)
Sorcery
Name a creature card that exists in Magic the Gathering that has a casting cost of X. Put a creature token into play. Treat it as an exact copy of the named creature.

Deadly Accident (B)
Instant
Flip a coin and call heads or tails. If you win the flip, destroy target creature. Otherwise, you may pay 2 to flip again. (You may do this until you call correctly.)

D

DÛke

Klarx the Arrogant (2UU)
Legendary Creature - Human Agent
Whenever a spell or ability targets a creature, it targets Klarx the Arrogant instead.
5/3

Political Stratagem (4UU)
Enchantment
When Political Stratagem comes into play, draw 7 cards.
You have no hand size limit. You may only play one spell each turn.

Strategist Melanni (4U)
You may only counter one spell per turn.
UU: counter target spell.
2/3

War of Ideology (4WW)
Enchantment
Player's don't lose as a result of having 0 or less life.

Conspiracy Theory (3U)
Sorcery
Search your opponent's library for a non-land card with total mana cost equal to or less than the number of cards in your hand. Remove from the game all copies of that card in that player's library, graveyard, and hand. That player shuffles his or her library.

Countervail (4UU)
Instant
Counter target spell.
At the end of any turn, if any other player besides you had successfully cast a spell, return Countervail to your hand.

Superior Ideals (2U)
Instant
For each card in your hand, each other player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

Hired Sniper (1U)
Creature - Human Agent
Tap: Hired Sniper deals 1 damage to target creature or player. Hired Sniper doesn't untap during your next untap step.
1/2

Underhanded Agent (2U)
Creature - Human Agent
You may play Underhanded Agent only at the end of your opponent's turn.
3/2

Public Bribe (X2U)
Sorcery
Gain control of target creature unless its controller pays X.

Mass Media (4U)
Sorcery
Gain control of all creatures with power 1 or less.

World Wide Web (2UUU)
Enchantment
Whenever a player would draw a card, that player may search the library of another player for a card and put into his or her hand instead, and shuffle that library.

Mana Vortex (2U)
Sorcery
Target player searches his or her library for 2 land cards and removes them from the game. That player shuffles his or her library.

Bribe Out (U)
Sorcery
Target player searches his or her library for all copies of a creature card of his or her choice and removes them from the game. That player shuffles his or her library.

Vallerie, First Titan (1UU)
Legendary Creature - Human Politician
Whenever you would draw a card outside of your draw step, if Vallerie is untapped, you may tap her. If you do, draw a card.
2/3

Secret Force (2U)
Creature - Human Agent
When Secret Force is put into the graveyard from play, put Secret Force at the bottom of your library instead, and if you have a card named Secret Force in your hand, you may put it into play.
2/2

Hire (1U)
Sorcery
Draw a card, then search your library for a creature Agent and put into your hand, then shuffle your library.

L

Limited

Mana Vortex is an existing card and I think the name Secret Force is also taken.. but fun cards!

C

Captain Caveman

Ok, here we go. I'm not good at set reviews but I tryed to give you some type of
comment on many of them.

Psychotic Elemental (5UU)
Creature - Elemental
Whenever a spell is cast, counter it. You lose life equal to its total mana cost.
5/4

Do you think its ok to have that much free counter power? Of course, it comes
at a cost to both players but no mana cost counters are dangerous. Reanimate
this and win the game probably.

Nightmare of Absurdity (4BB)
Creature - Horror
Fear
As an additional cost to playing a spell, that spell's caster must discard a card.
4/3

This guys is pretty good too. It might be ok though. I'm not really sure. I think
play-testing it would determine if its to strong. Since it effects all players my
fears may be unfounded.

Maddening Tick (2B)
Creature - Insect
Flying
When Maddening Tick comes into play, target player discards a card.
Whenever a player discards a card, Maddening Tick deals 1 damage to that player.
0/1

This guys seems ok. It can punish madness and support discard theme decks.

Psychogenic Apprentice (4U)
Creature - Wizard
Put a Psi counter on Psychogenic Apprentice, Tap: Psychogenic Apprentice deals an amount of damage to target creature or player equal to the number of Psi counters on it.
2/3

With some way to untap it, you win the game in short order. With a five casting
cost it may not be a problem. Of cousre, its possible I'm misinterpating(sp) the
power of this card or I'm just over-rating it.

Eternal Visions (2UU)
Enchantment
Whenever a spell is successfully cast, shuffle that spell back into owner's library.

So does this mean I never get a creature in play? If so, that would be very good
control for blue. Maybe, if it said non-creature spell if would be ok. Again, I may
not understand it correctly.

No Omen (3UU)
Instant
Counter target spell. If it is countered this way, remove it from the game.
Skip your next draw step: Search your library for No Omen, shuffle your library, and put it on top of it. Play this ability only if No Omen is in your library and only during your upkeep step.

This one seems ok to me.

End of Dreams (BB)
Instant
Look at target player's hand and choose a card there. That player discards that card. You lose life equal to its casting cost.

This one looks good to me. It might be ok the CC it at (B)

Linger of Darkness (3B)
Instant
Linger of Darkness deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you gain 2 life. Then, if you have 7 or less life, you may return Linger of Darkness to your hand.

This one also looks good to me.

Mind Circles (2U)
Instant
Counter target spell unless its caster pays 3. Then, if that spell's caster has more cards in his or her hand then you do, return Mind Circles to your hand.

Pretty good spell. Recurring mana leaks are potentially strong. Maybe there
should be some kind of additional return cost in the form of mana. I'm not really
sure though. It probably needs play-tested.

Dark Pet (1BB)
Creature - Horror
Sacrifice Dark Pet: add BBB to your mana pool.

That guy is pretty nice. Blood Pet all grown up.

Rain of Sparks (2RR)
Sorcery
Put 7 Spark tokens into play. Treat each as a 1/1 Red creature with haste. Sacrifice all Spark tokens at the end of the turn.

I wonder if seven potential damage is to much for four mana. You can probably
get atleast four through and thats the same as Lightning blast so I'm not sure.
It could be fun with Fecundity.

Lightning Manifest (1R)
Sorcery
Lightning Manifest deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Put 2 Spark tokens into play for each damage dealt this way. Treat each token as a 1/1 Red creature with haste. Sacrifice all Spark tokens at the end of the turn.

Two spark tokens for each damage seems like to much. If you had something
in play that doubled damage it would be incredible. I think its potentially
broken. Four 1/1's and two damage for 1R is house, even for a one shot spell.

Focused Bolt (R)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Focused Bolt, you may search your graveyard, hand, and library for all Focused Bolt cards and remove them from the game.
Focused Bolt deals 1 damage to target creature or player plus an additional 1 damage to that creature or player for each Focused Bolt card removed from the game when Focused Bolt was cast.

Very kewl card. It could be deadly but its a one time thing so it seems ok to me.
Seven potential damage for (R) is pretty strong though.

Extreme Paranoia (1U)
Instant
Counter target spell if it is the first spell cast this turn.

Cold Detachment (1U)
Instant
Counter target spell if it is not the first spell cast this turn.

I really can not figure out if these cards are good or just ok.

Desolate the Desolated (1B)
Instant
Destroy target creature if it is the only creature in play.

I feel the same way about this card as the previous two.

Streak of Active Minds (U)
Instant
You can only play Streak of Active Minds if it is the only card in your hand.
Draw 2 cards.

This card seems ok to me.

Apocalyptic Measures (2RR)
Sorcery

There's no way I can judge the situational cards so I'll just skip this one too.

Miraclous Intervention (WW)
Instant
Counter target spell and remove it from the game. You gain life equal to its total mana cost.

Ditto............

Immortal Strike (2WW)
Instant
Target permanent becomes indestructible until end of the turn. You gain life equal to its total mana cost.

This card is ok, I'm not sure if it would be played. The life gain is an interesting
addition.

Deadness (2BB)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Deadness, search your graveyard, hand, and library for all creatures and remove them from the game.
Remove all creatures from the game.

Want a Mutilate replacement? This could be great with Genju(however you spell
it/them) and man-lands. It might need CC'ed a little higher since its an instant.

Angel of Lost Essence (3BB)
Sorcery
Remove target card in any graveyard from the game. Search the graveyard, hand, and library of that card's owner for all copies of that card and remove them from the game and shuffle that player's library. Then, put an Angel token into play. Treat it as Black creature with flying that has power and touchness each equal to the mana cost of the card removed by Angel of Lost Essence.

All these spells a kind of situational but these last two I wanted to comment on.
The Angel is pretty kewl because its two spells in one and could be potentially
huge for the casting cost. I'd like to request a slight wording change here to
make it a potential multi-player bomb. "Search each players graveyards, hands
and Libraries for all copies of this card and remove them from the game and
shuffle each players libraries." Then, put an Angel token into play. Treat it as
Black creature with flying that has power and toughness each equal to the mana
cost of the cards removed by Angel of Lost Essence." Something like that.

Blackhole (3RR)
Enchantment
XXR: Each player sacrifice a non-land permanent with total mana cost of X.

I don't like this card because its a permanent. Of couse, it effects each player
but I dislike this kind of card. It might be just fine because of the cost so I'm
not going to comment on it any more.

Malfunction (1UU)
Instant
Counter target spell or activated ability unless its caster pays 3.

Very kewl combination.

Arctic Vortex (UUU)
Enchantment
When Arctic Vortex comes into play, put a Freeze counter on all tapped lands.
Lands with Freeze counters on them don't untap during their controller's untap step.

This is the kind of card I would never use so I can not say anything about it.

Falling Earth (3RR)
Sorcery
Target player sacrifices 2 lands.

Can not think of much to say about this card. Its ok.

Void Bomb (1BBB)
Enchantment
At the beginning of your next upkeep, remove Void Bomb from the game and choose target player. That player discards all cards in his or her hand.

Psycho Bomb (1UUU)
Enchantment
At the beginning of your next upkeep, remove Psycho Bomb from the game and draw 4 cards.

The bombs are pretty strong. I'd like to see them sink up though. The black
should probably say four cards also. It could still potentially empty there hand so
it may not matter. Leaving a player without any options(except for that one turn)
is kind of powerful.

Mystical Forces (1U)
Creature - Illusion
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Mystical Forces.
1U: draw a card.
1/5

A compulsion type of creature. Late game it could be really good. There's always
the potential for abuse. It would be fun with Seedborn Muse in a Multi-player
game. I keep thinking,..I'm missing something really powerful here.

Mystical Lightning (4R)
Creature - Illusion
Haste
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Mystical Lightning.
10/1

Pow,... ten damage. Can I get a witness? Its easy to kill so its probably just
fine. Thankfully you didn't give it trample.

Mysticism 2U
Instant
Draw 2 cards.

Mystic Cycle (3U)
Instant
Skip your next upkeep and draw a card. Search your library for a Mystic Cycle card and put into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Would you need to add Mystic to the text of the cards above? (Instant Mystic)

Or use the text:
Skip your next upkeep and draw a card. Search your library for a card with Mystic in its name and put into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Pulstar (2UU)
Creature - Illusion
Discard a card: at the beginning of your next upkeep, Pulstar gains +3/+3 and flying until end of the turn. Play this ability as a sorcery and only once each turn.
3/3

Fatebringer (1U)
Creature - Wizard
Discard a card: at the beginning of your next upkeep, draw a card. Play this ability as a sorcery and only once each turn.
1/2

Since you removed the tap symbol, I'm glad you added the once each turn. Its
still a pretty good filter. The next upkeep was important too. Once again this
guy would be pretty interesting in a multi-player game. Hopefully, I'm reading
this thing right.

Chamber of Wisdom (3)
Artifact
3: at the beginning of your next upkeep, draw a card. Play this ability as a sorcery.

I wonder if the Chamber CC could be lowered to 1 or 2? Since it happens at the
beginning of 'your" next upkeep and is a sorcery ability I think it could be play-
tested that way. You could have already tryed that and found it to be to
powerful so I may be off base with this idea.

Soularspinner (3BB)
Creature - Avatar
Trample
Pay half your life, rounded up: at the beginning of your next upkeep, Soularspinner gains +X/+X until end of the turn, where X is the life paid this way.
3/3

How do you feel about making this guy Green and Black and lowering the CC
to 2BG? There's not really anything wrong with the way you have it but I
thought it might make a good gold card.

Mind Control (2UU)
Instant
Counter target spell unless its caster pays 3. If that spell is countered, remove it from the game and search its caster's hand, graveyard, and library for all copies of that spell and remove them from the game, then shuffle that player's library.

Nice. Again, this might make a good gold card. Black and Blue.

Mind Spike (B)
Sorcery
Look at target player's hand and choose a non-land card. That player discards that card unless he or she pays 2.

Good filler.

Psychosis (2B)
Sorcery
Name 3 non-land cards. All players reveal their hands and discard all of the named cards.

Thats a really kewl card if you playing a net deck. Well, atleast it has potential
to wreck them. And its pretty sweet if you know what your casual opponent(S)
usually likes play. Again,.. nice filler

Paranoid Measures (2UU)
Instant
Counter target spell.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Paranoid Measures is in your hand, you may reveal it to all players. If you do, look at each player's hand.

Information is always good. Do you mind if I have a look. Its nice to see what I
may need to counter at some point. You must be a control player. I have a hard
time with the evalulation of the blue cards because I don't play it much. Looking
at eveyone's hand all the time might be annoying and too powerful without some
type on additional cost. Someone else should probably give you an evaluation
of your blue cards. My evaluation of all your cards might be horrible but I figured
I'd atleast give you an opinion. Please take them in stride.

Mephisto's Pact (2BB)
Sorcery
Search your library for 2 cards, shuffle your library, and put them on top of your library in any order.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Mephisto's Pact is in your graveyard, you lose 2 life.

Holocaust (3B)
Sorcery
Each player sacrifices all creatures he or she controls that have power of 2 or less.

Ritualist (1B)
Creature - Monk
Whenever Ritualist is put into the graveyard due to being sacrificed, return it to your hand instead.
2/1

Anything that comes back to you hand for free has the potential for abuse. I
realize it comes at a cost but I'm not sure if its wise. I just get the feeling it
would be some kind of enabler for abuse. I can not think of how to abuse it
right now but someone here probably can. I'm not really talking about stuff like
Fallen Angel. Maybe something Like: Ritualist, Phyrexian Altar, Tendrils, and
that artifact that reduces cost by 1. Of couse, thats a four card combo but
it would be a mono-color deck with tutor power. Its possible I have no idea
what i'm talking about here. I just think its has potential to be problematic.

Intensify (1R)
Instant

This card could be really powerful. Lightning Manifest and Intensify in the same
set. Eight tokens and four damage for 2RR. Outside of your set its probably even
better. Of course, I could be over reacting again so the power level of this card
may not be that much.

Idleness (2UU)
Sorcery

Making someone skip 2 draws at four CC seems to powerful. I think it needs to
be CC'ed a little higher.

Counter Measures (3UU)
Instant
Choose one: counter target spell, or seach your library for up to 3 cards named Counter Measures and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Disillusion (3UU)
Sorcery
Choose one: return up to 2 target permanents back to owner's hand, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Disillusion and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

I'm not going to comment on the Blue cards.

Necropsoia (B)
Sorcery
Choose one: draw a card and you lose 1 life, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Necropsoia and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Brain Damage (B)
Sorcery
Choose one: target player discards a card, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Brain Damage and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Spiritual Strain (B)
Sorcery
Choose one: target player loses 2 life, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Spiritual Strain and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Deck thinning and some random effect for (B) seems to strong. I'm pretty sure
I would play Necropsoia. The other two I'm not sure about, none the less they
are interesting and might need a higher CC. (all them)

Overwhelming Void (1BB)
Sorcery
Choose one: target player sacrifices a permanent, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Overwhelming Void and put them into your hand and shuffle your library.

Again, that seems pretty strong. They would be sacking something turn four, five
and six.

Brainwashed Agent (1UU)
Creature - Human Politician
When Brainwashed Agent is put into the graveyard from play, you may pay X and remove it from the game. If you do, draw X cards.
2/2

Ok, I'm gonna comment on the next two blue cards....Nice..
I really like this card. It has the potential to explode into some good card
advantage.

Thousand Faces (3U)
Creature - Illusion
Flying
Whenever a creature comes into play, it becomes an exact copy of Thousand Faces.
2/2

I like this card too. Sort of a clone in reverse. Nice.....

Lightning Rod (1RR)
Sorcery
Target creature becomes a 6/1 red creature with haste and trample until end of the turn.

Very kewl idea. To bad its not an instant but that might make it to good.

Eternal Manifestation (X1UU)
Sorcery
Name a creature card that exists in Magic the Gathering that has a casting cost of X. Put a creature token into play. Treat it as an exact copy of the named creature.

No comment.....

Deadly Accident (B)
Instant
Flip a coin and call heads or tails. If you win the flip, destroy target creature. Otherwise, you may pay 2 to flip again. (You may do this until you call correctly.)

Seems reasonable. I'm not sure I would play it but the idea is solid.

Klarx the Arrogant (2UU)
Whenever a spell or ability targets a creature, it targets Klarx the Arrogant instead.
5/3

Political Stratagem (4UU)
Enchantment
When Political Stratagem comes into play, draw 7 cards.
You have no hand size limit. You may only play one spell each turn.

Strategist Melanni (4U)
You may only counter one spell per turn.
UU: counter target spell.
2/3

More Blue cards......

War of Ideology (4WW)
Enchantment
Player's don't lose as a result of having 0 or less life.

I doubt that I would play this but it seems CC'ed right.

Conspiracy Theory (3U)
Sorcery
Search your opponent's library for a non-land card with total mana cost equal to or less than the number of cards in your hand. Remove from the game all copies of that card in that player's library, graveyard, and hand. That player shuffles his or her library.

Countervail (4UU)
Instant
Counter target spell.
At the end of any turn, if any other player besides you had successfully cast a spell, return Countervail to your hand.

Superior Ideals (2U)
Instant
For each card in your hand, each other player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

Hired Sniper (1U)
Creature - Human Agent
Tap: Hired Sniper deals 1 damage to target creature or player. Hired Sniper doesn't untap during your next untap step.
1/2

Underhanded Agent (2U)
Creature - Human Agent
You may play Underhanded Agent only at the end of your opponent's turn.
3/2

Public Bribe (X2U)
Sorcery
Gain control of target creature unless its controller pays X.

Mass Media (4U)
Sorcery
Gain control of all creatures with power 1 or less.

World Wide Web (2UUU)
Enchantment
Whenever a player would draw a card, that player may search the library of another player for a card and put into his or her hand instead, and shuffle that library.

Mana Vortex (2U)
Sorcery
Target player searches his or her library for 2 land cards and removes them from the game. That player shuffles his or her library.

Bribe Out (U)
Sorcery
Target player searches his or her library for all copies of a creature card of his or her choice and removes them from the game. That player shuffles his or her library.

Vallerie, First Titan (1UU)
Legendary Creature - Human Politician
Whenever you would draw a card outside of your draw step, if Vallerie is untapped, you may tap her. If you do, draw a card.
2/3

Secret Force (2U)
Creature - Human Agent
When Secret Force is put into the graveyard from play, put Secret Force at the bottom of your library instead, and if you have a card named Secret Force in your hand, you may put it into play.
2/2

Hire (1U)
Sorcery
Draw a card, then search your library for a creature Agent and put into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Lots of Blue cards. I'll think about them and possible get back to them.

D

DÛke

Just wow. :)

That must be the biggest card review I have ever seen anywhere, period! Great job.

And a lot of good calls, too, by the way. Before I comment, I would like to say that all of these cards have not been playtested, and further, that they wont all be in the set. I'm sure you've noticed how many counter magic there is for example...only 2 or 3 will make it; the best, of course.

On to some of your comments.
Psychotic Elemental (5UU)
Creature - Elemental
Whenever a spell is cast, counter it. You lose life equal to its total mana cost.
5/4

Do you think its ok to have that much free counter power? Of course, it comes
at a cost to both players but no mana cost counters are dangerous. Reanimate
this and win the game probably.
I agree. Though I must say that it's not exactly free counter magic. The opponent can actually still beat you, in many cases, even more easily than usual because you have no control any more on how many spells he or she chooses to cast. Every time he casts a spell, yes its countered, but you'd lose life equal to that spells mana cost. This, and not to mention you yourself wouldn't be able to do anything about it, not with spells anyway, because it counters everything you play. Now that can be nasty. However, I do think that it actually shuts down the game a little too much, and thinking about it, I really don't like that. Check out the new version down below. I changed the name, casting cost, creature type, power and toughness, mainly to fit the set's theme and storyline now that I have defined what I really want in this set:

Those In Denail (2UU)
Creature - Human
The first spell cast each turn is countered. You lose life equal to its total mana cost.
1/2
Some people believed the Shadowstalkers, some disbelieved them, some didn't know what to believe and went mad. Some, however, out of sheer terror, simply denied everything they could

Nightmare of Absurdity (4BB)
Creature - Horror
Fear
As an additional cost to playing a spell, that spell's caster must discard a card.
4/3

This guys is pretty good too. It might be ok though. I'm not really sure. I think
play-testing it would determine if its to strong. Since it effects all players my
fears may be unfounded.
I'll give this card the same treatment as I gave the card above:

Madman in the Steets (3BB)
Creature - Human
As an additional cost to playing the first spell each turn, that spell's caster must discard a card.
2/2
It didn't help that madmen were running lose in every corner of the world. They became a distraction to everybody, including themselves.
Psychogenic Apprentice (4U)
Creature - Wizard
Put a Psi counter on Psychogenic Apprentice, Tap: Psychogenic Apprentice deals an amount of damage to target creature or player equal to the number of Psi counters on it.
2/3

cost it may not be a problem. Of cousre, its possible I'm misinterpating(sp) the

I don't think he's any worse than the Crab+Hermetic Study combo that was possible during MM block. I do think that some mana cost for the activiated ability is needed, also an overall facelift:

Forceweilder (2UU)
Creature - Human Maven
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a Psi counter on Forceweilder.
Remove a Psi counter from Forceweilder: Forceweilder deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
1/3
Eternal Visions (2UU)
Enchantment
Whenever a spell is successfully cast, shuffle that spell back into owner's library.

So does this mean I never get a creature in play? If so, that would be very good
control for blue. Maybe, if it said non-creature spell if would be ok. Again, I may
not understand it correctly.
Whoops. I did mean to add non-creature. I don't like shutting down decks like that. It also shut down enchantment decks and artifact decks as well. Here's what I really intended:

Visions in Eternity (2UU)
Enchantment
Whenever an Instant or Sorcery spell is successfully cast, put it on the bottom of its owner's library.
Rain of Sparks (2RR)
Sorcery

I wonder if seven potential damage is to much for four mana. You can probably
get atleast four through and thats the same as Lightning blast so I'm not sure.
It could be fun with Fecundity.
Well, Ball Lightning had Trample, and it costs RRR. It's not quite a Lightning Blast at all. If the opponent can handle the instant creature rush, then its gone. It's really just a bad direct damage spell in disguise. Though at the end I do agree that maybe it should make 6 tokens, and not 7, since it is potentially difficult for the opponent to block that many creatures, especially if the Red player managed to clean the board a little.
Lightning Manifest (1R)
Sorcery

Two spark tokens for each damage seems like to much. If you had something
in play that doubled damage it would be incredible. I think its potentially
broken. Four 1/1's and two damage for 1R is house, even for a one shot spell.
Another oops. Here I meant "Put 1 Spark token into play for each 1 damage dealt this way." In any case, a fixed version:

Lightning Manifest (2R)
Instant
Lightning Manifest deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Put 1 Spark tokens into play for each damage dealt this way. Treat each token as a 1/1 Red creature with haste. Sacrifice all Spark tokens at the end of the turn.

Basically, raised the cost by 1, made it into an instant, and fixed the amount of tokens.
Focused Bolt (R)
Instant

Very kewl card. It could be deadly but its a one time thing so it seems ok to me.
Seven potential damage for (R) is pretty strong though.
But this is just "potential." It means you have to cast 3 separate Focused Bolts, and then when you cast the last 1, you'd deal 4 damage for 1 mana. How many games do you really draw all 4 copies of a single card? Furthermore, along the game, it may become necessary for you to "set off" the Bolt right away on a threat. The whole point is that the more you wait, the better the Bolt becomes. In fast Red decks, waiting is rarely an option.
Mysticism 2U
Instant
Draw 2 cards.

Mystic Cycle (3U)
Instant

Would you need to add Mystic to the text of the cards above? (Instant Mystic)

Or use the text:
Skip your next upkeep and draw a card. Search your library for a card with Mystic in its name and put into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Nice suggestion! Renaming and fixing:

Mystical Foresight (2U)
Instant
Skip your next upkeep step and your next draw step.
Draw 2 cards.

Mystical Cycle (2U)
Instant
Skip your next upkeep step and search your library for a card with Mystical in its name and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Since they help the creatures that are sacrificed at the beginning of the upkeep (i.e. Mystical Lightning from my set), it makes sense that they can search for them as well. Nice little sub-theme.
Chamber of Wisdom (3)
Artifact
You're right with this one.

Chamber of Lost Wisdom (2)
Artifact
2: at the beginning of your next upkeep, draw acard. Play this ability as a sorcery.
Ritualist (1B)
Creature - Monk
2/1

Anything that comes back to you hand for free has the potential for abuse. I
realize it comes at a cost but I'm not sure if its wise. I just get the feeling it
would be some kind of enabler for abuse. I can not think of how to abuse it
right now but someone here probably can. I'm not really talking about stuff like
Fallen Angel. Maybe something Like: Ritualist, Phyrexian Altar, Tendrils, and
that artifact that reduces cost by 1. Of couse, thats a four card combo but
it would be a mono-color deck with tutor power. Its possible I have no idea
what i'm talking about here. I just think its has potential to be problematic.
Scary I know. It doesn't help that Ritualist only costs 1B. Here:

Shadowstalker Fanatic (3B)
Creature - Human
Whenever Shadowstalker Fanatic is put into the graveyard from play due to being sacrificed, return him to your hand instead.
3/2
Intensify (1R)
Instant

This card could be really powerful. Lightning Manifest and Intensify in the same
set. Eight tokens and four damage for 2RR. Outside of your set its probably even
better. Of course, I could be over reacting again so the power level of this card
may not be that much.
I agree. Let's go for 2RR for the cast cost. That way it's not so good with Black "drain-life" kind of cards like Consume Spirit or Corrupt.
Idleness (2UU)
Sorcery

Making someone skip 2 draws at four CC seems to powerful. I think it needs to
be CC'ed a little higher.
I agree, though it makes every player, including you, skip the draw steps. Still, some facelift is needed:

Blank (3UU)
Sorcery
Each player skips his or her next 2 draw steps.
Some people were so horrified by the discoveries of the Shadowstalkers that they just went 'blank.'

D

DÛke

Forgot some important cards:
Necropsoia (B)
Sorcery

Brain Damage (B)
Sorcery

Spiritual Strain (B)
Sorcery

Deck thinning and some random effect for (B) seems to strong. I'm pretty sure
I would play Necropsoia. The other two I'm not sure about, none the less they
are interesting and might need a higher CC. (all them)

Overwhelming Void (1BB)
Sorcery

Again, that seems pretty strong. They would be sacking something turn four, five
and six.
Fair enough. Overwhelming Void is the most dangerous one. I'll take its casting cost up to 2BB. As such, the 2nd one cast is way worse than Barter in Blood, and the real strength only comes from being able to cast one after another, turn after turn. It's still good, though, in control decks, and that's really the goal. As for the other cards: all attain a casting cost of 1B instead of the mere B.

F

Force of Will Smith

@Duke: You have a lot of really cool ideas. I think the sheer volume of them makes it hard for people to follow. I guess that's how really good ideas come out.

Here's my take on several.

False scripture is alot like fool's tome, but better so it's actually playable.

The 2 exampler cards you gave of paying life, and a creature that benefits from when you lose life don't affect each other.

Death's Claim (3BB) Instant
Destroy target creature. At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are creatures in play, return Death's Claim to your hand.

very cool and balanced.

Cursed in Hell (2BBB) Sorcery
Each player loses half of his or her life, rounded up. At the beginning of your upkeep, if Cursed in Hell is in your graveyard, you lose half your life, rounded up.

Needs a new name, but i love the effect... at the very least it reads..
target player loses half their life, wait 1 turn, you lose half your life. You have 3 turns to kill them at half life.

Glyph of Destruction Sorcery 1RR
Destroy target land. At the beginning of your upkeep, if Glyph of Destruction is in your graveyard you may pay 1 and remove it from the game.
If you do, draw a card.

Glyph of Denial Instant 1UU
Counter target spell. At the beginning of your upkeep, if Glyph of Denial is in
your graveyard you may pay 1 and remove it from the game.
If you do, draw a card.

I think these were by caveman but, i like the reusable idea..
kind of like flashback.. but for cheaper. Glyphs are already in use however.

Stapled thoughts: awesome card.

Protest Control:should definately be U or 1U
bouncing all 1/1's is almost always awful.. with a echoin truth being better (say if faced with 20 snake tokens and a coat of arms)

Reality Prism is cool but needs a restriction.. 4 to eliminate a permanent is too good. It needs to have a condition where it passes to an opponent after you do it, or that the card is removed as long as it remains in play, and at the beginning of your upkeep you can choose to return it..

Until Death's Call (X2BB)
Sorcery
Until Death's Call deals X damage to target creature or player and you gain X life. If X is 4 or more, return Until Death's Call to your hand.

Until death's call grammatically doesn't really make sense but i like the benefit of wasting lots of mana and getting a reward. I think just "death's call" would suffice. Also, drain life costs X1B.. the ability is if you pay 4 or more. if you pay 4 or more... you're paying 8 mana to fetch a spell back... and it's a sorcery!! i think it should read.

Death's Call (X2B) Instant
Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn and you gain X life. If X is 3 or more, return Death's Call to your hand.

This way it's more reactionary, costs 1 less so its fair (i pay 7 mana to deal 4 damage) I also added a -x to make it slightly different from a drain life spell variant. Also it kills indestructibles.. and having a instant -X spell is awesome.

picture this...
you have 8 swamps..

opponent: 4 1/1's.
tap 7 mana: kill a 1/1 gain 1 life. wait a turn... tap 7 mana.. kill a 1/1.. gain 1 life.(entirely balanced)

Orb of the times: Legendary Artifact 1
should be more than 1 of any color, as paying X is a high restriction.
probably a T: Add 2 colorless to your mana pool.

With the name i just think of new york times: maybe just time.. or synonyms for time.

and you made it a legendary artifact. picture this..

Turn 1: Island, play orb
Opponent Turn 1: swamp
Turn 2: no lands..
Opponent Turn 2: Play a spell.. you tap your orb for 2. power sink for 2..

Lost Illusions (1UU) Instant
Target player draws a card. Choose target permanent that player controls. Put that permanent on top of his or her library.

I kind of like this permanent swap but im tempted to cost it at either UU or 1U as you gave them an extra card, and will give them what you took away 1 turn faster.Er... you know what i mean.

I think the psion cards could be fully named psionic, sounds better and people would recognize it.. where as they stand people might associate them with the Matrix..

The prisoner is cool.. but the son is an overcosted tim who needs to cost 1U, as icatian javelineers cost W, and had the ability to deal 1 damage. Plus damage dealing is more prevalent in blue too.

1U 2/2 removing a counter for 2 turns would be an amazing card.

The father of psion is actually really balanced.. as you cant really make him a 10/10 in a single turn.. and hes a 3/3. I think to streamline these cards to blue they should have a higher blue in the casting cost, and therefore cheaper. so instead of 3U, possibly 1UUU cause he's pretty badass
and his activation cost could be made cheaper, from 3U: to UUU:

Desolate the desolated should be at B.

psychotic elemental
nightmare of absurdity
eternal visions= all awesome and well balanced.

End of Dreams (BB)
Instant
Look at target player's hand and choose a card there. That player discards that card. You lose life equal to its casting cost.

This card is good but i think the penalty should be heightened and the cost diminished... try this..

End of Dreams (2BB) Instant
Look at target player's hand. Choose a card. That player discards that card.
Remove end of dreams from your hand:
Look at target player's hand and choose a card there. That player discards that card. You lose life equal to 2x its casting cost.

This way its an instant discard for 1 more which is pretty good... or you can be daring and discard a card, potentiallly losing 4-6 life.

Necropsoia (B) Sorcery

Pretty good... it ends up being more of a 1U remove 3 cards from your library card... what was that called (Foresight?) anywhoo.. i think this card could be 86ed or changed into something fun/good.

Brain Damage (B) Sorcery

this is really good.. almost broken.. get this.. say its turn 2... you play brain damage.. choosing for 3...next turn you play a 3rd swamp... then all at once..
you play 3 brain damages... making them discard their entire hand...which you could also use recursive effects...

Spiritual Strain (B) Sorcery

one by one they aren't bad.. but again.. on turn 3... paying BBB to make a player lose 6 life.... a little cheesy...

imagine having a soldevi digger in play... play the first... fetch the last 3...
oops! you have a life draining loop where you can have the first spell countered every time..

which translates to.... B: discard this card.. 2: shuffle first card back.. BB.. drain 4 life..
so: 2BBB:Drain 4 life..
:D a little unbalanced. If you did make this card... give it supercool art.. and make it a $20 rare

I'd kill necro and brain damage and try to balance this card, as the idea is far superior to the other 2.

maybe... you could restrict them to only be played once a turn... then they'd be entirely balanced.. but that also takes out the fun..

Spiritual Strain (1B) Sorcery
Choose one: target player loses 2 life, deal 2 damage to target creature, or search your library for up to 3 cards named Spiritual Strain and put them into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

this way you couldnt stack them as easily.. plus you can hit creatures.. it's kind of like a charm on crack...
picture this..

T1: swamp
opp1: mountain, plays a 1/1
T2: Swamp, cast strain, fetching 3...
opp2: mountain, plays a 2/2, attacks for 1
T3: Swamp, strain on the 2/2... (2 remaining)
opp3:mountain, cast a 1/1 haster.. casts fist of anvil.. you take 5..
t4: Swamp, strain on the 1/1 (1 remaining)
opp4: mountain, plays a 4/4 with conditions and a 2/2
t5: cast last strain on the 2/2 and terror the other!!!

AMAZING card... its cheesy.. but not infinite combo worthy..

now the soldevi combo costs

1B: discard this card.. 2: shuffle first card back.. 1B1B.. drain 4 life..
so: 5BBB:Drain 4 life..
if it were a wizards card.. it would definately cost 1BB though..

Apocalyptic Measures (2RR) Sorcery

This card is amazing.. you get a huge benefit if its the last card in your hand... which in the fast paced red.. happens a LOT..

by the time you can cast this.. you'll have cast 1cc burn, kird apes, and jackal pups

Miraclous Intervention (WW) Instant

amazing... a condition of 5 or less life makes it balanced.. You should give it an alternate use though.. otherwise early game its totally worthless...
Like cycling :)

Void Bomb and Psycho Bomb are completely broken...

if it cost less to play, and had a pillar tombs aku type effect then it'd work

having an enchantment for 1 turn shouldnt justify the nuking of an opponent's hand, especially since enchantment hate is way down.

I'd recommend something mimicing the Pillar tombs aku card.

like....

Void bomb 1B enchantment
Any player may pay 4 life to destroy this.
Sacrifice Void Bomb: This may only be done at the beginning of your upkeep game. Target opponent discards 3 cards.

Psycho Bomb (1UUU) Enchantment

psycho bomb isn't bad but i think it should match more with the 1st.
perhaps like this:

Psycho Bomb 1U Enchantment
Any player may discard 2 cards to destroy this.
Sacrifice Psycho Bomb: Draw 4 cards. This ability may only be done at the beginning of your upkeep

Chamber of lost wisdom has such a cool name but, an effect SO close to well of knowledge from weatherlight. Since it's "lost" knowledge maybe it should have to do with cards that were discarded, kind of like a retroactive Bosium strip.. like..

you could also stretch the idea out..

Chamber of Lost Knowledge 2U
2: Return target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard to your hand.
This ability cannot be used on a spell that was put into your graveyard this turn.

Chamber of Lost Hope 2B

2: Return target creature from your graveyard to your hand.
This ability cannot be used on a creature that was put into your graveyard this turn.

or you could have it remove spells... they are lost :D

Chamber of Lost Wisdom 1WW
2: Remove target card in your graveyard from the game. Gain life equal to that card's casting cost.

Chamber of Lost Hope 3BB
2: Remove target creature in your graveyard from the game. Target player loses life equal to that card's casting cost.

Chamber of Lost Wisdom 3UU
2: Remove target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard from the game. Draw cards equal to that spells casting cost.

if you set the restriction on how many times it can be used, say once, then each chamber should cost 2-4.

I think more people would jump on this thread if actual fakes were posted IMO..
Do you have any artist images for these cards? If so i could completely make some fakes of these.. And as i can't give you my 300dpi templates.. i could make flat jpgs of some of your cards.

BTW does anyone know the legality of posting fake jpgs?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would say you can post fake jpgs. I mean, they're fake, so you're not gonna make any money offa them (and away from Wizards).

F

Force of Will Smith

Ok. I've just read some wierd threats posted in regards to people posting cards.
Maybe it has more to do with blank faced cards..

F

Force of Will Smith

nah, mainly from sites that have lots of fakes like mise.
But people there are pretty elitest, so im not psyched to post there.

C

Captain Caveman

Where are the Maven?

I ported a few of my ideas over to work with your cards.

Card Title: Grand Illusion
Color: Blue
Type: Sorcery
Cost: 3UU
Pow/Tgh: n/a
Card Text: Put an Illusion token creature into play. Treat this
token as a 4/4 blue creature with flying. Grand Illusion cost 1
less to play for each Maven you control.

Card Title: Minor Illusion
Color: Blue
Type: Sorcery
Cost: 2U
Pow/Tgh: n/a
Card Text: Put an Illusion token creature into play. Treat this
token as a 2/2 blue creature with flying. Minor Illusion cost 1
less to play for each Maven you control.

~Card Name~
3UU, Legendary Enchant Land, Rare
3: Counter target spell unless that spells caster pays 1 for each Maven you control.
Sacrifice ~Card Name~: Counter target spell.

D

DÛke

Awesome cards CC. I admire the tokens idea, and as a matter of fact, that's a very minor theme in these sets.

The one thing that's awkward about them is that they use a mechanic or a theme that's not really in the set: the "cost 1 less for each Maven you control."

Mavens are associated with Psi powers. I think the cards can be made into this:

Grand Illusion (4UU)
Sorcery
Psi Cost. (You may remove any number of Psi counters from permanents you control. For each counter you remove this way, Grand Illusion costs 1 less to play.)
Put an Illusion token creature into play. Treat this token as a 4/4 blue creature with flying.

Minor Illusion (3U)
Sorcery
Psi Cost. (You may remove any number of Psi counters from permanents you control. For each counter you remove this way, Grand Illusion costs 1 less to play.)
Put an Illusion token creature into play. Treat this token as a 2/2 blue creature with flying.

Here are some Mavens and some other Psi associated cards.

Psychic Energy (3U)
Sorcery
Draw 2 cards and put 2 Psi counters on target permanent.

Psion Conversion (1U)
Instant
Counter target spell unless its caster pays 1 for each Psi counter on permanents you control. If that spell is countered, put a Psi counter on a permanent you control.

Psion Elemental (3UU)
Creature - Elemental Illusion
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a Psi counter on Psion Elemental.
4/4

Son of the Psion (1U)
Legendary Creature - Human Maven
Son of the Psion comes into play with 2 Psi counter on it.
Remove a Psi counter from Son of the Psion, Tap: Son of the Psion deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
1/2

Psion Prisoner (2UU)
Creature - Human Maven
Psion Prisoner comes into play with 2 Psi counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, Psi Prisoner deals X damage to target creature and X damage to you, where X is the number of Psi counters on Psion Prisoner.
2/2

Psion Medium (U)
Creature - Human Maven
Psion Medium comes into play with a Psi counter on it.
When Psion Medium is put into the graveyard from play, put a Psi counter on target permanent.
1/1

Psion Blast (5U)
Instant
As an additional cost to play Psion Blast, remove any number of Psion counters from permanents you control.
Psion Blast deals an amount of damage to target creature or player equal to the number of Psion counters removed to pay for Psion Blast.

Gift of the Psion (U)
Sorcery
Draw a card and put a Psion counter on target permanent.