Raksha Golden Cub

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Homestar
is that as long as you have been playing?

(lol this is lie a chat room with a URL)
Nope. On and off since Urza, but consistently since Onslaught.

Yeah, there is a chat room you can use from the front page...
Sorry, firewall. Gotta love School Internet Access.

C

chocobo_cid

This still happens, though.

Welcome to the official CPA Chat Room!
Connecting to irc.eskimo.com 6667 ......
Unable to connect to server.
Connection closed.

I just assumed that it was a firewall.:confused:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's most likely the firewall. From what little I know, it blocks the ports that the chat room needs to run.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't. I was agreeing with you that the firewall stops us from using the chat room, only mine is a work one, not a school one.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Disable the firewall then try it. And if it works, it was probably the firewall. If not, then it's probably something else...

T

train

depend son the user's permissions, if not the admin, and then it may be a local admin, and not a domain or network admin...

gotta get to the root of the problem - a sledgehammer usually works...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know I can't disable the firewall, I'm just a peon in a big company... probably the same for the school firewall...

T

train

Spidey has a good point - and depending on the expertise of the person that set up the LAN/WAN - you may not be able to do very much...

Most of the time the settings aren't determined by the Admin anyway - they're determined by policy... set-up by the company, and then the admins are told to make it happen...

funny how you can do everything in the world with technology, when you're the VP of Human resources, and not the Systems Manager...:rolleyes:

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Spiderman
I know I can't disable the firewall, I'm just a peon in a big company... probably the same for the school firewall...
Believe it. ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You could coerce the higher-ups into cooperating with you...

I have faith in you. I know you can do it...

M

mythosx

I agree with over soul...tell them your handeling the Smith or Johnson account. And if they dont let you chat, you are walking.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are funny. :)

I don't know the higher-ups in charge and they'd probably look at this Internet activity as unproductive anyway. Don't want to draw attention when it's not wanted... besides, people are rarely on here long enough on my time (except train) to make chat worthwhile.

T

train

thanks spidey!...

I guess I'm lucky enough to do this... though there are only 9 of us making up the MIS dept...;) :cool:

C

chocobo_cid

If you're on for extended periods of time private messages work just as well as IRC. Just ask Homestar...

:D