Phage will own at the prerelease

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
T

train

As in additional sources of mana?...

Birchlore Rangers
Color= Green Type= Creature - Elf Cost= G ON(C)
Text (ON): 1/1. ; Tap two untapped Elves you control: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. ; Morph {G}.

Brightstone Ritual
Color= Red Type= Instant Cost= R ON(C)
Text (ON): Add {R} to your mana pool for each Goblin in play.

Elvish Guidance
Color= Green Type= Enchant Land Cost= 2G ON(C)
Text (ON): Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds {G} to his or her mana pool for each Elf in play.

Mana Echoes
Color= Red Type= Enchantment Cost= 2RR ON(R)
Text (ON): Whenever a creature comes into play, you may add {1} to your mana pool for each creature you control that shares a creature type with it.

Skirk Prospector
Color= Red Type= Creature - Goblin Cost= R ON(C)
Text (ON): 1/1. ; Sacrifice a Goblin: Add {R} to your mana pool

Wirewood Elf
Color= Green Type= Creature - Elf Cost= 1G ON(C)
Text (ON): 1/2. ; {Tap}: Add {G} to your mana pool.

That's about it mana-wise...

T

theorgg

From what train posted, there's one creature fixer, and five land-fixers(the sac-duals).

I won't be able to attend the PR, though, so it doesn't matter to me.

:(

At some points, 24-hours every day college sucks oink.

But a four-year degree in a year is pretty damn sweet!:cool:

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

By the way...
Originally posted by DÛke
Ok, so we have a personal battle between two legends...
Nowhere did it say "personal battle." An "epic confrontation" is the result of their "personal conflict." I suggest you relearn the finer points of semantics. ;) (I'm just kidding. :D)

I wonder how many slivers they'll print...

Legions looks great.

L

Lotus Mox

Whoa! Phage is a killing machine, but unfortunately too expensive for anything but casual play (as if casual play is so unimportant ;) )
But when she is just Volrath's Shapeshifter in disguise, things can get ugly very fast :)

TICM: They'll print 15 slivers, for each color/rarity one. Their P/T will probably correlate with their respective commonality, like the Rath cycle slivers' P/T, except of the Queen herself, did.

Ferret

Staff member
If the other ten slivers are at least common they should be a major player when it's released...

...back when I used to hold my own sealed deck tourneys Stronghold was all about Slivers - using Red/Green I was able to do some painful things to my oponents...

-Ferret

"...okay, so you block my Sliver w/ two critters? It gets +2/+2. Thanks."

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I attack with Phage and Taunting Elf. Steely Resolve is in play.
Any answers?

BTW: Akroma doesn't need to be built around. She's all-around GOOD. She makes Iridescent look shoddy, and that's hard to do.

T

train

I attack with Phage and Taunting Elf. Steely Resolve is in play.
Any answers?
Fog... Rout... Constant mists... Lull... Moments Peace... Respite... Snag... Tangle... undergrowth... Alabaster potion...
Guardian Angel... Holy day... Invulnerability... Prismatic Strands

Solitary Confinement?...

What about redirect damage???
:eek: :eek:

Sorry - I play a lot of White green utility...

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

You can only do this for so long. I'd attack with just those two just to force your hand while the other elves get their block on.

The deck I plan to make uses loads of elves and Phage. TE and PTU force the opponent to act until all his defenses are exhausted.

BTW: The deck will have Fog stuff in the board v. Redirection, as well as Elvish Guidance.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Good call. This is what 'Elphage' will have:

Deck:

Elf Tribal stuff
Trample
Lure effects
Untargetability for any creature (Safekeeper, Resolve)
Mana fixers like Elvish Guidance, Fyndhorn Elder, and Llanowar/Wirewood Elf. Even BOPs, if you got the $.
4 Cabal Ritual
4 Diabolic Tutor
Graveyard-to-hand effects.

SB:
Fear
Fog effects
Biorhythm

Any other ideas?

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Gets any non-creature. Offing lands will deal with defenses, at the expense of my Guidanced lands (if any).

T

train

Your running elves... you still have mana... so offing the lands isn't that bad of a deal...

Them losing their land... now that's nice...

J

Jigglypuff

If it's pronounced like "kay serah serah" it's not French
*BZZZT!* It is pronounced like "Kay serah serah" and it is French. Thanks for playing "So You Want To Speak French". You win the consolation prize.

(- Steve -)

E

EricBess

I have no idea whether or not it works in French or not. I happen to be very fluent in Spanish and it is definitely Spanish for "What will be, will be". And yes, there are accents on the 'a's.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Each Legions Legend seems to represent a style of play.
The Works seems to be the Tournament representative, as she is fast and has more abilities than warrants her 5WWW cost and 6/6 body.
Phage is extremely fun to play with, but tricky. Therefore a casual experiment. That, coupled with her combo flavor and "you win" ability, makes her the embodiment of Casual play.

B

BigBlue

It may not win any wars . . .

But it appears to have started one. :)

Ferret

Staff member
Here's a nice Blue answer to Phage: Ray of Command...Imagine how embarasing that could be...

-Ferret

"Waitaminute? I'm dead? Bummer."