Phage will own at the prerelease

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Legions Page

the famous cards have Phage, Akroma, Essence Sliver and Ridgetop Raptor.

all I have to say about Phage, is that she is easily the best 7 casting cost creature I've ever seen.

and as for Akroma...well as much as I like radiant, I think I've found a new angel to lead my Exalted and Blinding angels into battle.:D

R

rkoelsch

see they fixed it so she can't be reanimated. but she is still a game winner. I love Akroma can they put any more abilities on her. I love the fact that she has haste.

T

theorgg

Hill Giant Slivers.

great...:rolleyes:

I personally hoped it was just a rumor... but as I learned to say here at Full Sail: Kay Serah Serah. What's that mean? It's a french saying for "$#*+ happens."

Sounds quite elegant and educated, rather than just saying "$#*+ happens," don't it?

J

Jigglypuff

I cannot believe they would print a card like Phage. I'd sure like to get some of whatever WotC was smoking when that card got into the set. Although she's pretty bad against Astral Slide.

And theorgg: I don't know who's teaching you French at Full Sail, but they don't know how to spell. The phrase is actually "Que sera, sera".

(- Steve -)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Yeah, i think having her deal damage and kill the opponent is kind of a bad idea. I'd rather when she smacked the opponent you can distribute 3 -1/-1 counters to any number of creatures on the board.

I'll play her though:D I can see alot of play groups changing her abilities, or banning her outright.

E

EricBess

Also, theorgg, I don't know who's teaching you Spanish and telling you it's French :D

T

theorgg

Originally posted by Jigglypuff

And theorgg: I don't know who's teaching you French at Full Sail, but they don't know how to spell. The phrase is actually "Que sera, sera".

(- Steve -)
...but it's pronounced "Kay Serah Serah," and that's all I had to go on.

Que Sera Sera? I'd prounounce that "Kyou Sera Sera," and it might sound like I got bleeped saying #^@# you Sera (as in Angel)...

Is it Sapanish? Or is it Franch? With that odd spelling, my bet is on French.

T

train

Actually - i can't think of a color that couldn't deal with her if she has "summoning sickness"...

Now if she was in a Sneak Attack deck!!!...:eek:

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

When Phage deals combat damage to a player...

Okay. Play Unquestioned Authority on Phage and attack.
NO!!!!!! THIS IS WRONG!!!!!!!!

Perhaps LOGOS has a point about the dangers of Magic? This makes Upheaval look balanced :D :D :D

And Akroma isn't too bad either. Barely dressed? Don't be a fool! She's All-dressed. Haste, Readiness, Flying, First Strike, Pro Black and Red. I hereby dub thee: "The Works"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

she has a 4 power so she can't be swatted. Phage is the swatter in the picture not the swattee:D

S

Sammy Dead-O

It's Spanish. It means "What will be will be."

Phage can't be Sneak Attacked. She has to be played from the hand.

How much play do you think she'll see? She's definitely worth trying. Do you think she'll end up being worth the price?

I could imagine a UB Type 1/1.5 control deck using her as the ultimate kill card. And for monoblack, as long as Cabal Coffers is around, just the chance of winning with a single swing might be enough to run her.

J

Jigglypuff

Actually, "Que sera sera" is French. It might be Spanish too, I don't know. But it's French.

And Phage can be Sneak Attacked into play. You would just lose the game so it's not the best choice.

(- Steve -)

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Phage: How DARE you mock my awesome power, you stupid Pokemon!

<SLAP!>

Train, how do you like THAT?

T

theorgg

Originally posted by Sammy Dead-O
It's Spanish. It means "What will be will be."
"What Will Be Will Be."

"$#*+ Happens"

Hell, same thing!

Ferret

Staff member
Well, since most of Black's high speed cards are gone she shouldn't make an impact in Standard. By the time she hits the table, each player should have some good defense or enough mana to burn her right to the graveyard...

-Ferret

"...imagine All Hollow's Eve, though :D "

C

Chaos Turtle

Luckily Phage does not fly.

I doubt she'll own the prerelease since she has a limited-unfriendly mana cost.

Same goes for Akroma, though her cost is somewhat more manageable (and believe it or not she is more difficult to deal with).

D

DÛke

Wait a second...

Did you guys notice this (from the link):
WotC:

...the stage is set for an epic confrontation between Phage and Akroma who will stop at nothing to destroy each other once and for all. Their personal conflict has gone beyond hatred...
Ok, so we have a personal battle between two legends...

Looking at Phage and Akroma as cards, it seems that Akroma would win this "personal conflict" by a long, long shot. Akroma can attack, and still block the pitiful Phage, and kill her, and live to talk about it. Akroma is even easier to cast...

Perhaps Akorma should be wise enough not to take the conflict so "personally." :D

Phage is such a casual card, that I wouldn't be surprised if it were included in a pre-constructed deck as a filler...

"Akroma, AKA the White Spirit of the Night."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Rancored Elf coined the name "Spirit of the Light" which I like and think is pretty clever.

the reason I think Phage will be big at the prerelease is that from what you will receive(1 onslaught starter, and three legions) the only card that I can think of off the top of my head that deals with phage is pacifism(or astral slide, but how many people put that in a sealed deck?)

The only problem I see with her(for the prerelease anyway) is the 4 black, I'll usually have 7 mana available during a prerelease game, since they tend to drag out, but 4 black is alot of one color to have.

either way if I open her up, and have decent black support, i know what color i'm playing.

T

train

That's about the same effect that Iridescent Angel had at the Odyssey pre-release...

It didn't matter what wlse you got- if you got her - you ran white/Blue...:rolleyes:

S

Sammy Dead-O

Well shoot, I'll believe it if you guys say it's French. And I feel stupid for saying so authoritatively that it's Spanish. But I'm pretty sure it works there too (just put an accent mark over those a's). And Orgg, you're right...$#*+ happens is the best translation for meaning...

And at the PR, heck yeah, I'd find myself some more reasons to play black if I opened Phage.

For those who know more about Onslaught limited: Are there many mana fixers available?