Official Werewolf III thread

E

EricBess

If Spiderman were a werewolf, I have to think he would jump on the bandwagon to hang me and presto, werewolves win. As such, I'm really concerned about what's going to happen today.

orgg - I was pushing for a change the vote to Zigathon. As things progressed yesterday, I was becoming less and less convinced that Mooseman was a wolf. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how close we were getting to zero hour.

I think we are at an impass here where the wolves just flat-out win. The problem is that we have 4 villagers who dont know who each other are and don't trust each other. On the other hand, we have 3 wolves who can see where everyone else is going and change their vote, if necessary, to wipe out the final villagers. The wolves do trust each other, guys...

Here's where I have to go with this...It is clear that I haven't convinced the villagers to vote for Zigathon. As such, if I keep my vote for Zigathon, the wolves win.

I don't think Spiderman is a wolf. I think he's a villager. But the fact of the matter is that Limited and Darth seem determined to not change their votes. If that's a ploy and they are waiting until the last minute to see if they need to, then so be it. But the only chance I see for villagers is if Limted and Darth are villagers and not wolves.

So, I switch my vote to Spiderman and feel like I'm ending the game in doing so.

(Yes, I realize I'm doing exactly what I said the werewolves would do. I can only argue that if I were a wolf, I wouldn't be telling you all this)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Aw geez, thanks...

This is assuming you're not a werewolf. If you ARE a werewolf, this could all be some clever talk and smoke-n-mirrors to save your skin (and coincidently, win since I'm a villager). I mean, if you think I'm a villager, why would you change your vote so a villager dies and thus give the win to the wolves?

So I'm starting to think you ARE a werewolf and will switch my vote to you, EricBess, to at least get a tie and help save the villagers skin.

E

EricBess

Thank you Spiderman...I need people to see what I'm talking about.

Here's the facts, guys...The ONLY way for the villagers to win is for all 4 villagers to vote for the same person. I'm convinced that Zigathon is a wolf, but I have no proof. I'm fairly certain that if Zigathon and myself are both villagers, then the werewolves have basically won anyone.

So, here's what I am going to do. I am going to switch my vote back to Zigathon. If no other votes are changed, then I'm going to be hanged. But I'm reasonably certain that Spiderman getting hanged amounts to the same thing. Game over is game over.

Currently, the wolves have split their vote. They don't want to vote together unless they have to, but they will if it lets them win the game.

Please guys, if you are a villager, vote Zigathon. Like I said, if he and I are both villagers, werewolves win anyway.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
In that case, I'll switch mine back to DarthFerret, although I'm not sure why you think it's Zigathon? Can you explain it again?

Melkor

Darthferret

Alright, I think we've lost this one because I don't think that Zigathon (if he isn't a wolf) is going to trust us, but here goes. As I've maintained, I believe that either Darthferret or orgg is a wolf but not both. Darthferret's zealous behavior, along with an ally, in opposition to orgg's random behavior, as well as the end game logistics here have convinced me to switch my vote and hope that I'm right.

D

DarthFerret

Not sure exactly how the tables have turned against me here, however, I can see that the wolves are starting to act in concert, if they conspire to hang me, and then each pick off a person, this village will not last long at all! I beg everyone, vote for Spiderman and end this villages' plague. It also appears that Melkor may be a little hairy as well, however, he may also be duped by the wolf! Do werewolves have some kind of mind control we are as yet unaware of?

Also, notice how orog woke up long enough to accuse someone, I wonder if maybe he has some inside information about EricBess. I think he is working in concert with Spiderman, and when we hang Spidey, and see that he is indeed a wolf, our next hanging could be EricBess. Although I think I would like to hang them both tonight.....however, not sure how democratic that would be!

E

EricBess

Okay, I'm reasonably convinced that either Darthferret or Limited is a werewolf, but I'm not convinced that they both are. The fact that they are single-minded works against them in this case. I've already stated that I think Spiderman isn't a wolf, so if Darth and Limited are villagers, they certainly aren't willing to win the game for the villagers.

My reasoning on Zigathon has to do with his original tendency to spread suspicion in multiple different directions. His reactions to my comments have further made me suspicious because they don't seem like things that a villager would say and do.

However, I'm confident enough with who might be villagers that I will switch my vote to Darth Ferrit because at this point, it seems to be the most likely place we can put the 4 villager votes with a high probability of the game lasting at least another day.

B

BigBlue

Tallying the votes...

EricBess - DarthFerret
DarthFerret - Spiderman
Melkor - DarthFerret
Spiderman - DarthFerret
Orgg - EricBess
Limited - Spiderman
Zigathon - EricBess

3 to 2 to 2... DarthFerret is found guilty of being a lycanthrope.

DarthFerret is grabbed, hands bound, and led to the gallows....

Given all the late discussion this week... speak now or forever hold your peace... and we'll see if anyone wants to change their votes...

Z

Zigathon

I'm sad to see DarthFerret hanged.
It should have been Ericbess... as a villiger, I think we're doomed.

L

Limited

I agree Zigathon.. I am not sure about EricBess being a wolf, but I doubt Darth Ferret is one.. He supported me in my crusade against a true wolf, Spiderman, all the way.

EricBess and Melkor, please reconsider!

D

DarthFerret

Well, I suppose that I should have expected no less. My comments about the 3 werewoves not working together were my demise, and now it looks like they are going to start working together and have the whole village to themselves. At least you will all now know who the fiends are, (look who voted for me and there you will find them....) Does it make it any scarier now that you know who is going to be coming for you in your sleep?

I hope that you, Limited, find a way to survive, but, I think now you are all going to be vastly outnumbered!

L

Limited

I've packed up my things and am going to make a run for it.. this village is doomed

Z

Zigathon

Why didn't anyone listen to me when I've been so irate about Ericbess and Melkor being wolves???
Ugh, we could have stopped this days ago.
*runs for the hills*

B

BigBlue

With those final words... The lever is pulled and DarthFerret drops to his death... All the villagers are nervous, hoping they have hung a wolf...

But after 10 minutes of waiting, there is no hope for London... 3 wolves and 3 villagers, tonight the wolves will feast on another villager... Then there will be only 2...

O

orgg

Wolves win. Good Job, EricBess.

Now were you a wolf from the beginning or were you the one they conscripted?

Melkor

I think that this was the first of these three games that the wolves really took advantage of the ability to lay low.

B

BigBlue

There aren't "equal" numbers.... tonight, the wolves eat a villager, making it 3 wolves & 2 Villagers, they can make it so you hang a villager no matter what since they outnumber you.... then they eat the last villager.... unless they start canibalizing... but even then they are simply toying with the villagers since they control the game with 2 votes a day... (one to eat a villager and the other to hang...)

EricBess wanted me to pass on that he's out of town... He'll be back sometime this week...