Mirrodin Updates

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
How many would if LoA was reprinted? I guess the thing to do would be proxy-ing LoA in today's decks and see how they play...

T

train

The important thing to remember is that your hand has to be full...

Playing land and spells each turn kind of hinders that... unless you have the cantrip decks...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's actually not too hard, unless you plan on emptying your hand in one blow. Since you're basically drawing two cards a turn, you just play a land and play a spell. And just playing one spell isn't too bad since you're outdrawing your opponent...

(I speak from experience) :)

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
No - spidey has a Library...;)
I had a roommate that had a Library and he found a way to play a land and a spell each turn by timing his drawing appropriately and he would hold his own pretty well - in six player multi games! Perhaps it is too strong to come out these days...

-Ferret

"Card advantage is card advantage"

N

Notepad

>> I had a roommate that had a Library and he found a way to play a land and a spell each turn by timing his drawing appropriately and he would hold his own pretty well - in six player multi games! Perhaps it is too strong to come out these days...

Sounds interesting. I remember doing something similar to this in the Magic Sharazad computer game a lot. It is definitely a lot of fun! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the times I put in in decks for my MP games, the one friend who knows what it can do groans (the other two either don't care or are unaware :) ) We also play the first player can draw, so if I have it in my opening hand, I usually put it down and use it right before my next turn to get that draw and my regular draw. Plus, if you wanted to cast two spells and a land, bringing you down to 6 cards, you can just draw and then use it again when you have 7 cards to bring you to 8, and play 1 spell (if the board permits), so you can go back to what you were doing.

The point is, you're outdrawing your opponent(s) for free every turn and hopefully we all know that's way too good (my opponents don't play LD either :) )

T

train

Well Spidey...

we need to have a talk with those friends about strip mines, and wastelands...

Actually - if you need some extras of those ot convince them how good they are, and use them for trading - let me know...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I use Strip Mine (rarely comes up since I can have only one) and the occasional Wasteland, but they don't play with a lot of lands that need Wasting... strangely enough. So I guess it works out :)