Mirrodin Updates

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
T

train

There are collector's edition cards out there...

To find them - try ebay, or using message boards. Some local shops may be willing to order them in for you, but you may have to pay in advance...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I still don't think The "lotus" card is even an artifact. In the artwork it is being hit by a beam of orange energy, which makes me think it's a spell of some kind thats just a throwback to the lotus(same way as deep analysis is a throwback to masticore).

E

EricBess

I don't know about the Lotus, but am I the only one that has heard rumors about the new "moxes"?

I imagine they might have a lotus as well.

Basically, they are the same as the old moxes, but with the Rock Jocky drawback that you cannot play a land the same turn you play them.

So, first turn, drop 3 moxes (and a lotus?), but no land.

Not quite as fast as the original moxes, but it the rumors are true, they'll see play...

T

train

They'd be perfect...

as long as there's something that helps the rest of us out there that don't own a Power Nine set...:D

N

Nightstalkers

Okay, let me refraise that.

First off, we get another new Atog... Remember Psychatog's reign? well, we get a nice new wierd looking atog in Mirrodin now.

Second... Its meant as a joke! Come on people! Its gonna be something like Lotus Petal (got it) Lotus Vale (got it) and/or Lotus Blossom.

But if someone finds out before I do, please post it up here for us all to know... some of us are definitely addicted to Lotus :rolleyes:

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Remember Lithatog?

Lotus Blossom sucked. I hope this new Lotus card is decent. It may be some kind of kickass Equipment though.

N

Nightstalkers

WTH?!=

sacrifice this creature to produce 3 mana of any color of your choice. Can only enchant such and such creature.

E

EricBess

Could be one of those "equipment" cards that stick around after the creature has been killed.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

lol

Lotus Brooch 0
Equipment

Equipped creature gains Tap: add one mana of any color to you mana pool

N

Nightstalkers

And this equipment is an artifact or of type equipment?

They'll create a card called Disen... um... Unequip? Yea, thats it, Unequip.

Its a white instant for...

Unequip (1)(W
Instant — Common
Destroy target Equipment card.

:yawn: :p :D

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

That would cost W I think. Besides equipment cards are artifacts right? It would be like Poly Artifacts, Mono Artifacts, etc. Or maybe not. We'll see.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Thallid Ice Cream Man
That would cost W I think. Besides equipment cards are artifacts right? It would be like Poly Artifacts, Mono Artifacts, etc. Or maybe not. We'll see.
Why couldn't it cost G instead? Disenchant has already been changed...

-Ferret

"While they're at it, reprinting Cruble and/or Seeds of Innocence would be nice..."

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
Now would be a good time to reprint Library of Alexandria...;)
You know, I don't think it would be such a bad thing to re-print it nowadays. There are much worse card drawing cards out there. It might be fun to reprint it - or something in Legendary form that does a similar thing...

-Ferret

"Forcefield would be nice as well..."

N

Notepad

Interestingly enough, a lot of "power" cards from the old days are okay to reprint now because people know a lot more about what is good.

Guardian Beast, Ali from Cairo, Mirror Universe, Maze of Ith...

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by SeFRo
Interestingly enough, a lot of "power" cards from the old days are okay to reprint now because people know a lot more about what is good.

Guardian Beast, Ali from Cairo, Mirror Universe, Maze of Ith...
Maze of Ith will always be a good card. It has lots of uses in duels and multi-player. Ali became useless when Worship was printed. Mirror will always be a powerful card - especially w/ the newer artifact rules...

-Ferret

"I attack w/ Phage. Prepare to die!" "No, you don't"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, Library is still too strong for card drawing. It's a basically "free" draw and since we all know that card drawing is king (hopefully), it's never get reprinted...

Killer Joe

What decks hold seven cards in hand during the game these days? Except for Wake, not many.
LoA would be a welcomed card. :)