Mirrodin Card Preview

R

rkoelsch

combine him with the Scimitar on turn 1 and have a 3/3 on turn 2.

T

train

And this is without crusades or glorious anthems!!!...

This just goes further into what I mentioned about WoTC making tribal stronger...

Bonus - this seems like a push by WoTC for more casual themes - because we all know that soldiers - at this point - won't win worlds...

R

rkoelsch

I like the fact that they put both soldier and knight. this allows you to use more than one creature type and gives a wider range of creatures. Now that I got the spoiler I might revise my WW deck for post Mirrodin.

Ferret

Staff member
Did anybody notice the new creature type "Human" on the card? It likes Townsfolk might be replaced...

-Ferret

"People are people..."

N

Nightstalkers

Humans just kick 0\/\/N you!

Oh, did I just say that out loud? Oh well...

Looks like the Lords are going to be hurting for a block. Lets see how well they fair in T1 with the upcoming set. :D

T

train

I hadn't noticed human until you mentioned it...

Wonder if that might induce Errata on a lot of older cards?...

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
I thought beebles were most beloved?!...:p
I've always been partial to Ferret - there will be more cards in this tribe some day! There has to be!!!!!

-Ferret

"Creature - Ferret Legend"

N

Nightstalkers

And then we have fusion cards coming!

Following in the steps of Yu-Gi-Oh!, WotC is going to bring back cards like Urborg Panther and Spirit of the Night.

WHOOHOO!

would this be possible?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ferret
Did anybody notice the new creature type "Human" on the card? It likes Townsfolk might be replaced...

I didn't notice it either... I hope they're just trying to make a distinction being "human soldiers" vs say, "bird soldiers", but it does look suspicious...

R

rkoelsch

They had talked about this when Onslaught came out. They are going to now specify race such as Human Cleric, Elf Soldier, Dwarf Wizard. They have realized that people can handle 2 creature types and now can be more specific

T

train

That is just a little wrong....

And to think - this could be pulled off first turn!!!...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

And more importantly, WHY?

I really like the card though.

I don't think I've mentioned this anywhere else... IMO Mirrodin has some of the best art in a long time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose it's possible in Type 1, although you need a god hand and it's not going to be consistent.

I think it'll be especially harder in Standard, if possible in the first place.

N

Nightstalkers

Hey, it took some of us years to screw with your beloved team of hobo's to get them to finally make this card.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
Was that part of the poll thingie when they asked people if "Human" needed to be a creature type? I don't remember seeing the results but I guess that was it...

today's card

Holy moly! Probably the chase rare at the start, even if it doesn't turn out to be that good

A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste[/url]
It's a good thing they threw in the mana burn part of that...it might have been pretty sad...It would be really nice to play against combo players - use their fav combo on themselves!

-Ferret

"As if solitaire decks were bad enough as it is..."