Mirrodin Card Preview

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Brainstorm is an instant. But I think there's some blue sorcery that costs 1 that he uses... is there one that you can choose to put either in top of the library or bottom? Maybe it's that one...

T

train

And I'm supposed to be a judge...

Well - I am - I think...

i just don't pay that much attention to blue...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I finally did a search and I think it was Portent that I was thinking of, since you draw 3, but you don't put them on the bottom of the library. Next time rakso has a log, I'll keep an eye out :)

E

EricBess

Brainstorm is also often used to hide a card from the likes of Duress, don't forget. This cannot do that.

T

train

Duress is nice and strong for 1 black... but it's always fun to hit them hymn to tourach next turn too!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have a pretty narrow view of Type 1 since all I see are rakso's articles, but I don't think he's ever played Brainstorm in response to a Duress... if in fact a Duress was played on him in the first place. But it's a good play anyway.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looked at rakso's article for today and no blue plays, although the deck he lists for someone else has just Brainstorms in it and not any other like spell. I must be mis-remembering it :)

Card for today

I definitely see this as a casual type card...

Attachments

T

train

Oh - Hadn't read the article...

I usually spend my time on these boards - and venture over to WoTC when a link is provided or to read the "ask" columns...:)

So then I'll throw in - Winds of Change...

Do note - it's not whenever a player shuffles - but whenever they shuffle their library...

Jester's cap here we go!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Soldier as it's more permanent and re-usable. Of course, I wouldn't want to depend on the two as the killing combo... :)

Heck, you might as well throw in Wheel of Fortune :)

T

train

Heck, you might as well throw in Wheel of Fortune
The wheel doesn't make you shuffle though... it's just draw 7 cards...(Not sure if you mentioned it for shuffling...)

I can see using the wheel to go get more cards though... And then finishing off the opponent with the fireblasts and flame rifts...

R

rkoelsch

what about teferi's puzzle box?

okay so the puzzle box doesn't work but how about Bribery and Supreme Inquisitor?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Wheel not shuffling... maybe Time Spiral?

I like Bribery and Supreme Inquistor... I may have to get a Bribery...

N

Nightstalkers

Holy mother of pearl Batman!

Soldier of Fortune, Bribery, EXTRACT!, GRINNING TOTEM!, Head Games, Lobotomy, Quiet Speculation, ROOTWATER THIEF!, SPLINTER!!!

All great cards going into T1 decks around the nation...

N

Nightstalkers

Your so against blue.

Good think I'm a Nightstalker, and thusly, black. :p :rolleyes: :D

T

train

honestly - blue is a color of Magic, and probably the strongest...

I could manipulate it all day long - but when I got sick of people manipulating it, because it was what won, I wouldn't want people to feel that way about me showing up to a tourney either...

And some of my ideas would be just plain wrong!...;)