Merged: Terrorist Attack Thread

A

arhar

I'm not attacking all arabs, gee. I'm attacking PALESTINIANS. I actually lived there and I DO know what I'm talking about when I say "nation of bred killers."

Z

Zadok001

Wonka. This is not the response we need. We need calm, careful, thoughtful responses. Not the screams for vengeance we are getting. This is a day for mourning. Not a day for murdering.

Stand for justice, not for vengeance.

M

MrXarvox

I'm surprised no one has pointed the finger at the Taliban... they're really the only ones crazy enough to do something like this. These are the people who protect Osama Bin Laden from recieving his just desserts at the hands of international law. The people who probably funded Bin Laden to commit yesterday's attacks, if they didn't carry out the attack themselves. They hate Americans. Heck, they hate all things that aren't anti-everything-but-devout-and-warlike-muslims.
By the way, there was an uprising in Afghanistan yesterday too... seems that the people there are fed up with it all... so if it was the Taliban, this is perfect evidence that you should not just blow a whole nation away because the government is a bunch of smegheads. Taliban is supported by something like 8 percent of the people in Afghanistan. That means 92 percent want out of the violent fundamentalist regime. Why bomb these innocent people, who hate their government as much as we do?
I'm not pointing the finger really... just putting another suspect in the lineup... if the Taliban is responsible for this, they need not be brought down with missiles, for their own people will overthrow them. The lot of scumbags...

M

mpgsheep

I was just wondering if any CPA members live in or near the affected areas, and if anything has happened to any of them...

Heres hoping that it hasn't

C

Chaos Turtle

First... my heartfelt condolences and prayers to the people of Manhattan, and to those of you who have friends and relatives there. I'm sick with grief over this.

But please. There is only one reasonable reaction to this. Find out who is responsible and bring them to justice. Perhaps difficult, but let nothing stand in the way.

Those of you who think that jumping into war is the answer, take a look at history. War is the last thing we want, and would be taxing and hopeless. It is not a nation that we are up against, but a clan of militant radical religious zealots.

And for all the racist commentary... shame. How intellectually weak is that, really? Very.

For my part, I am presently far more concerned with the devastation and staggering loss of life yesterday, and with finding what few survivors might remain today. Screw politics for now.

Peace.

R

rkoelsch

My prayers for those who died or are still missing and cheers for the brave police and firefighters and volunteers who are working to save as many as they can. There is a lot of political things one could say at a time like this but such talk really belittles the loss of life that everyone the world over should feel. Unfortunately any feelings of unity and love that such tragedy brings out will be drowned by hatred and ignorance. My prayers are for the dead and dying and the brave people who are trying to help.

D

DÛke

... Hetemti said it ALL. THERE'S a person that knows all the facts. AS LONG as the United States keep on meddling on everything outside of its bounderies, more tragedies shall come. You don't believe me? The future is right down the corner...it wont take even 10 years until another tragedy strikes. Sadly, this is not the end...you'll see...a lot more darkness is yet to come...THE ONLY way to prevent it is to mind our own damn business. LET THEM DEAL with their problems, and let's enjoy our daily lives like we're supposed to. EVERYONE who'll look back at this day, in one way or another, will KNOW that the U.S. isn't guilt-free from this thing...I wouldn't even be surprised if Americans themselves were involved in this. I'm telling you, not ALL Americans are satisfied with the way the U.S. has been acting towards other countries...those people know the WHOLE story, not just the single tragedy of 911. Again, lets NOT look at the innocent lives lost...the world has lost much more innocent lives before...and nobody reacted this way here...so why now? Because it happened to you? That's unjust. There is in no way that the U.S. should take this threat and just move on...that's not fair to the people...but WHAT IS fair is to think it rationally...without STRIVING to blame someone, or to cause extinction upon random innocent people. What happened is dead WRONG...why correct the wrong with yet another "wrong"? The U.S. has a chance to REALLY be the best country in the world, by acting resonably and responsibly, not take it sitting down, but take it as a sign of unity of the Nation and its people...prove that America is not only the most powerful country, but also the most wise. ANYBODY who's anyone will look at the U.S. and honor its pride and calm, yet active response. The day could be remembered when the U.S. REALLY showed what is has: people that actually CARE about lives, not strive to destroy it...like the tragedy did. The day should be the a national holiday: "Cherish All-Life Day"...cause that SHOULD be your main reaction to this. Not just about the loss of lives yesterday, but the other countless lives that had been lost many times before. You could look at it and make war, or you could look and understand...your choice...but don't be let down if the President is actually SANE and decides to make a world-peace treaty or something...I would respect him with all my heart, and not see it as a sign of weakness, but as a sign of pride and cherishment in all living beings; also a sign of respect to other countries and their bounderies.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Just one question: Are we sure that it's really a clan of militant, radical, religious zealots? While I was sleeping, did the U.S. find out who did it?

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Almindhra

SHUT THE oink UP...We don't need your oink right now...WHY is your family over here if your native oink hole is so great?...GO BACK THERE...GO AWAY...I'm sick of you going on and on about this..And you want to talk about Arabians dying by the US?!...Why?!...Because we haven't oinking fed them by hand?...What about them killing their OWN?!...You KNOW its a naturally violent place...
After all the damage they caused, what do you expect?
oink YOU!!...We wipe the oinkes of most of this earth!...And you say this was coming to us??!!...
please try to understand. It's all highly political...
HIGHLY POLITICAL?!!?...Then the oinkers who did this are WRONG...They killed THOUSANDS of innocent people!!...They did not fight against an army...
so why now? Because it happened to you? That's unjust.
WHAT!?...You complain about us meddling in other countries affairs and then say this??!...Maybe we help them because we do feel bad about what is happening there...

Duke, I'm serious...This time, you should really shut up...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've said everything in the other threads in the General forum. owever, I have a few questions about Hetemti's post here.

Originally posted by Hetemti

-=-
I doubt that 9-11 is significant.
I agree.

The Palistinians have been bombed repeatedly by the Israilies.
Which started first, the bombings or the shootings/suicide bombings?

Bombs with a red-white-and-blue emblem and the words "UNITED STATES" printed on the sides.
Where are the Palestinians getting their guns and explosives from?

America will be under the threat of Palistinian retalliation until we quit funding the Israilies.
True.

The Palistinans and Israilies have battled for a pile of sand in a barren desert since World War II. By funding the Israilies with money and weapons since the fourties, we have been more an enemy to Palistine than Israel. We just got paid back in a big way.
Who funds Palestine? Would it be more appropriate to say the US is an enemy to those?

Is the US truly responsible for how their weapons are ultimately used, once sold? If so, does that trickle down to gun manufacturers and cigarette makers?

The Israelies plan to wipe out the Palisinians.
Do they? If this had been a policy since Day 1, they surely would have done it much earlier, not this "pansy" bulldozing and wall-building they're doing now.

Therefore, the Israelies advocate genocide.

They advocate genocide for the same reason Hitler advocated genocide.
Again, I believe this to be a false assumption, based on the inital false premise.

Do we advocate genocide?

We certainly help fund it.
Again, I believe this to be false, but let's say this is true for a second. What about the Serbs/Muslim/something else conflict in the Balkans? That was genocide if nothing else... who supplied them with al the weaponry? The US had one side, what about the others? And the Tutsi/Hutu conflict in Africa... more genocide. Who supplied their weaponry?

A warning that the United States needs to watch its own ass instead of meddling with the affairs of others.
I agree with that it was a warning, but not that the US needs to stop meddling. Aside from "genocide", what about humanitarian polices? Where would North Korea be if not for donated foodstuffs from the US? Where would a lot of Third World countries be without the financial aid from the US?

D

DÛke

...just look at you Almindhra! I'm actually talking sense, and look at your reactions! You're enraged! Calm down.

You think I wanted all this sh!t to happen? Do you think I'm celebrating right now? Just what the f*ck DO you think? You think you know...but really, you have no clue at all. The U.S. didn't kill anyone directly...instead, they assist the criminals WHO DO KILL THE INNOCENT. If you're so worried about the innocent, why the f*ck aren't you worried about the U.S. supplying all kinds of weapons? THE REASON the U.S. IS helping by supplying these killer-machines is to make a "trust" for their oil...so they can become bonded. THESE are NOT my words...do you even read the damn newspapers or what? HOW do you care, if you don't even know what the f*ck is goin' on? Europe has complained about the U.S. abuse of power before...the Middle East has...Asia has. Isn't that an enough f*ckin' clue to finally STOP!?

Look, Almindhra, you don't understand. The U.S. only "helps" so it can gain rights into the country. The Middle East IS the mother of oil, and if Iraq wont supply it, the others will...given the right approach. Everything has an act of undermining in it, but you probably don't see, because you're busy up here bitching about ME while you could be respecting my opinion AS a Muslim Arabian who has actually LIVED there for 12 years. I KNOW it's not a violent place...I know how it is. YOU can't say anything, because you've never been there...yet you try to make these feeble statements about me...as if you knew me.

Why wont I go there? The question is...why did I LEAVE there. I left in the first place because OF THE United States. My dad fought against the Iraqi government...why? Because they put their f*cking noses where they don't belong...trying to help "Kuwait" (sp)...BS...they just wanted oil. Why won't I go back? What's left of my country? The U.S. has destroyed it! I have dead relatives...dead friends...what's there to go back for? At least I have made a new, weak, but new life here where I can actually FINALLY fit in into this new society...and I'm thankful, for the U.S. is a great place.

You think I'm saying you should take it down like bitches...but all I'm saying that WAR is not the answer, because it WILL come back at you. SOMEBODY has to stop and look at the big picture, take responsible actions...certainly, if everyone is as revenge-hungry as you are, Almindhra...Earth shall not see peace in any possible future. I suggest you go back and read all the facts before coming here and trying to "represent" your country, because it's NOT your country...it's mine too...that doesn't mean I'll kiss everyone's ass so I can fit in. YOU outta all people shoulda known that...but I guess the truth DOES come in different shades, doesn't it? You and everyone that thinks alike will SUFFER IN AGONY when the U.S. decides NOT to declare war, because that's the right thing...and as much as I hate to point it, "Doe", you're on the wrong side of track this time. This time, you aint got sh!t...listen before you complain. Just from your shouting, enraged statements, I can tell you YOURSELF "Ms. Fighter of Innocence" are ready to go and kill millions of innocent people. The PEOPLE have NOTHING to do with it...the government does...if you can find EXACTLY who did it, than I, personally, would enjoy slaughtering them...but the rest of the people? Something as stupid as whiping out a whole nation? You think that's fair? I'm even MORE sorry for you now than I was before...

A

artifact

What do you want the USA to do? Go back to isolationism?
Where we turn out backs on the world?
If you remember the last time we did that WW2 started and millions of ppl were killed by the Nazis and thier allies. After Japan attacked Pearl Habor, only then we decided that we couldn't just stand by and ignore the world.
Now that it seems that we have our second Pearl Habor and I am glad we aren't going to stand by and let the world turn without our presence being known.
But if you say we should mind our own business, then we should stop all our "meddlling". All our humanitarian efforts for other countries should stop. All the money we give other countries for thier distasters should stop. All the help we give the world should stop. You don't hear them saying no we don't want your money or help. Well guess what? They expect us to help them with money and help them when they get in trouble so they deserve us to butt our noses in thier business.
Who rushes to help those when they are in trouble? The USA.
Who rushes to help the USA when we have trouble? The USA.

Pray for the innocents and may God have mercy for those who are behind their deaths for we shall not show them any.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I agree with you, but all I can say is yelling at him doesn't help either.
And Almindhra did say stuff like that too, and, more importantly, insulted him personally instead of insulting a group of people, which, despite being the logical next step in the hate process, is extremely offensive.

Moreover, I don't think DÛke is just saying this to get people on the CPA to stop; I think he's protesting against a wave of anti-Arabic or anti-Islamic (or whatever) feeling that he perceives, probably correctly, to be rising so fast in the US that tempers will quickly flare.
I wouldn't be surprised if some people start killing other people to exact "revenge."
The only outcome of that that could possibly be considered remotely good might be that people might start learning that revenge is an empty victory.
Of course, this would come at a loss of even more life.

I can understand his frustration, and I can understand why some may feel that it's a little out of hand.

D

DÛke

...? You don't give someone money to make weapons. Is that right? That's what the U.S. does. You don't give weapons to kill innocent people, do you? The U.S. does. This "help" is linked directly to the death of thousands of others...so how the hell is it helping?

Money for food and rebuilding is alright...but that's not the case now. The U.S. supplies Isreal with weapons and money to attack others...and NOBODY in the Arabian nations is satisfieid with that...even non-Arabian countries complain about that behind their backs...they FEAR talkin' loudly...they might "enrage" the community of the U.S. and they'd have some "helping" too...if you know what I mean...

Shoot...read some newspapers...grab an international headliner...read the things being said in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia...LOOK at other point of views, listen to what the others have to say...THAT'S how you know where to place your opinion...not just by rage and madness...or this "revenge" crap I keep hearin' about...BS.

A

arhar

Let me just point out that that stuff about Israel commiting genocide is complete and utter BS!! I've lived there, I actually know. All Israelis want is to be left alone!!!! They want peace, and no more terrorist attacks. Israelis are a nation of hard-working people, they lived there since 1920s, and since day one they wanted nothing but work together with Palestinians. They've been nothing BUT friendly. How did Palestinians respond? Gunfire and terrorist acts, that lasted for 80 years. Neighboring Arabian countries didn't exactly help the situation either, by attacking Israel (and getting their asses kicked all of these times). Whoever is doubting America's national policy, trust me, we are the good guys and we are doing the right thing by helping the good guys, and not the bloodthirsty savages (Palestinians) that want nothing but complete destruction of every jew in the world. And now they want America to stop helping Israel, and trying to scare us by these terrorist attacks. These are the facts. Make your own conclusions and judge for yourself.

G

Gizmo

I agree whole-heartedly with 9/10ths of what Duke is saying.

Ive not seen any recent figures, but I`m willing to bet the US government is making $$$ from selling weapons.
Its certainly true that right now NOT ONE COUNTRY thinks the US is behaving in a reasonable manner in world politics. We here in the UK are probably your closest allies, and I almost certainly like Americans more than almost anybody else in England because I am good friends with so many. Im not bashing America for the fun of it, Im trying to WAKE YOU THE FUCK UP!

I`m not devaluing human life, or anything like that. This is a horrible tragedy, much like many of the other horrible tragedies that occur around the world on a regular basis. What I am concerned with is that the response of many Americans is not the response of a reasoned individual, but of a spoilt child who has been slapped for the first time. That response is certainly making it a lot harder for me to feel sympathy for you.

F

fuzzy510

I'm gone for a month, and I return to this. You losers.

This is a tragedy. Nobody will disagree with me here. But you guys are taking this too far. I am appalled that the members of this great community would be so cold-hearted. People are dying out there, being lost below the rubble in the Pentagon and the World Trade Center, and you all are
bickering like immature preschool students!!!! Do you have any idea what is going on out there???

This happened while I was at school. When I left class, people were screaming, people were crying. People were hoping to god that they didn't get the pink slip. It didn't mean that they were fired. It meant that they had lost a loved one. There were grown men crying in the halls.

Even worse were the people that didn't know. My biology teacher's best friend works on the 54th floor of the Two building. Our entire class was put on hold because of her situation.

Someone asked if anyone lived nearby. Here's one: TICM and I. I live 5 miles from the DC border, and TICM lives 10 miles away.

And I'm sure that you want to know who I agree with, what my feeling are. And you know what? You know how I feel, and I won't tell you who I agree with, if I agree with anyone. Want to guess why? I'll tell you: I'd be embarassed to admit that I agree with anyone on this board. The only exception would be TICM, who has been a good friend of mine for years.

One last thing. You all are saying "F*ck the Palestinians!" or "F*ck Osama Bin Laden!" I have something to add to that. F*ck you all. F*ck you all for being insensitive. F*ck you all for being racist. F*ck you all for not caring.

I hope that people on the other boards are more human than you guys, because that's where I'll be hanging out until you all become human beings again. Goodbye.

M

Mundungu

thanks Fuzzy for the wake up call ...

Too many emotions, not enough calm.

I personally wont bother reading these threads anymore, because :
1) Every one think he is right in his own mind
2) every one is at least partially wrong
3) no words or actions will bring back the twins and the 50.000 deads

5) the war of terrorism against the free world (an aftereffect of the cold war and super power trained guerilla warriors with nothing left to do than to turn against their former masters *) had started long ago, in many countries.
Now it is a global conflict that touched even the "untouchable" to a level never expected.

The new wars of the 21st century are out in the open, and it is not of war of nation states, but of ideologies and religions.

(*) to refresh everybody's memories, the taliban was sponsored by the US during the revolution against the russians.
Saddam Hussein was supported and trained by western powers (incl US) to fight agaisnt IRAN.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
One man is in custody. No names have been released.

A rental car, that is believed to have been used by the hijackers, has beeen confiscated from the airpost in Boston. Commercial Flight manuals in Arabic were found inside.

Ransac, cpa trash man