Merged: Terrorist Attack Thread

W

Wonka

Them dam middle east people attacked. I know it. They are a buch of cowards.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

R

Rando

"Them dam Middle east people"

wow

Do you mean "the fereners"?

E

EricBess

Anyone who has not read Duel's thread should do so. I think this is exactly the attitude that Duel is worried about.

Wonka, you may be right. Heck, you probably are right. But your attitude is one of kill them all now and worry about the details later.

Assume for a minute that the Israelies are responsible for this. Their religion dictates that American capitalism is, for all practical purposes, evil incarnate. As such, they feel justified in what they have done.

Obviously, we see this from an outside perspective. Or perhaps as people on the receiving end, but at least try to distance yourself from that for a moment. If we were to counterstrike without the proper investigation into the matter, than we are just as bad as they are.

Now, if it is uncovered that they are responsible, than we will probably end up in a war situation. Many people will die. Many innocent people will die. Many of those innocent people will be Israeli. Unfortunately, that happens in war. But without knowing for sure what happened today and why, we might as well bomb every country in the world.

Here's a theory for you - There are a lot of crazy american citizens that would love to see America go to war. Meglomaniacs who think that we do not take an agressive enough stand in world politics. What better way to force their point than by committing terrorist acts and making it look like Israel was responsible.

Unlikely? Perhaps, but let's face it - we just don't know at this point.

W

Wonka

What are we going to do about. Let's just sit back and do nothing well terroists just bomb the biggest buildings and important buildings in the Usa. Killing thousands of people.

If it takes war, well war then it comes.

A

arhar

Oh God, I want US to drop a nuclear bomb right now on all the pathetic arab terrorist countries!!! Someone who exists only to kill and hurt the others deserves to be wiped out from the face of this planet!!!! I want to go to war right now!!!!!!!

M

Mundungu

Remember Oklahoma building .. every body was pointing to the arabs and musulmans and it was a good old Red Neck Made in USA ...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

They said this about the Oklahoma City Bombing too, at first.
But then (of course) we found out that it was an American.
That event occured on a date with special significance (exactly one year after the Branch Davidian complex in Waco, Texas was attacked by government forces).
Today's date also has special significance. Today is (IN OUR CALENDAR) September 11, 2001.
Sep. 11, 2001. 9-11-2001. 911.
Now, I have a hunch that the fact that the attack came on this date is some sort of sick joke.
If it is, then I suspect that it might not be the work of Osama bin laden. Many foreign, non-"Western" countries use different calendars than ours, so this might not have even occured to them.
Of course, I could be wrong. We could all be wrong.
My point is that we shouldn't assume anything to be absolutely true at this point.

I agree with you, anyone who did this is very depraved.

H

Hetemti

...but bother not to flame me because my opinion is "wrong" if it merely conflicts with the "facts" that you know of. If you choose to "hold this against me" and try to refer to it as a character flaw, I won't try to contest. This is based on the probable assumption that the attack was facilitated by Palistinan terrorists. If new evidence is revealed, my opinion will change. You read at your own risk. I post at my own risk. Such is the price of the freedom to speak one's mind.

-=-
I doubt that 9-11 is significant.

Today was to be the beginning of another round of middle east peace talks. The deaths of a few thousand people was the opening comment.

The Palistinians have been bombed repeatedly by the Israilies.

Bombs with a red-white-and-blue emblem and the words "UNITED STATES" printed on the sides.

America will be under the threat of Palistinian retalliation until we quit funding the Israilies.

The Palistinans and Israilies have battled for a pile of sand in a barren desert since World War II. By funding the Israilies with money and weapons since the fourties, we have been more an enemy to Palistine than Israel. We just got paid back in a big way.

This is a tragedy.

So is genocide.

The Israelies plan to wipe out the Palisinians.

Therefore, the Israelies advocate genocide.

They advocate genocide for the same reason Hitler advocated genocide.

Do we advocate genocide?

We certainly help fund it.

Is that wrong? I don't know..."right and wrong" are subjective concepts based on the morals instilled into a person by his/her environment...but today we see that just as American bombs killed Palistinians, Palistinain terrorists killed Americans.

Is this the beginning of war?

No.

It is a preëmptive strike to prevent it.

It is a warning.

A warning that the United States needs to watch its own ass instead of meddling with the affairs of others.

-=-

I have to admit, I don't feel bad today.
I usually am in a repulsive and surly mood.
I do pity myself, however, for it takes senseless destruction and massive casualties for me to realize how much worse my life could be.

I'm going to go back to my work. I have to do laundry, clean my room, read two chapters for my Archetecture class, and prepare for two tests on Thursday. I sacrifice what could be pleasureful time today in order to prepare for the future, so that the days that follow will be better than this one.

I can only hope that the events of today were committed with the same intent.

E

EricBess

No, let's not sit back and take it. But let's not rush to conclusions either. If we find out they did it and we end up in war, than we will deal with it. But let's not end up in war if it turns out to be something else going on.

N

NeuroDeus

A war? are you people simply mad? Do you need to make revenge and kill more innocent people!

E

EricBess

Its not a question of revenge. Think about it and you will realize that it would be naive to think that doing nothing would result in the problem simply going away. Its an issue of defense and freedom.

Eric steps down off his soapbox.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Adding to what Eric Bess said, these people are going to kill more and more innocent people. Now, we need find these people and stop them. And, if neccessary, we might need to kill them. But, before we can decide on that, we need to find them and capture them. And, if you think about how many innocent people must die for that to happen, think about how many more lives we will save in the process.

Remember this, THEY started by killing our people, NOT the other way around. Are some of you actually going to say "Oh no! We can't kill them! It's not right". By doing so, you have added to the debate and these people will be off killing again.

How many Star Trek fans are on this site? Remember that famous line that Spock said? "The needs of the many are more important than the needs of the few....or the one". I don't think I got it word for word, but I'm sure you see what I am getting at.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

NeuroDeus

Im not protecting the terrorists... on the contrary... f*ck em, they must be punished for what they did, not jail, death.

but getting on war with Afghanistan? Would you Ransac or EricBess kill an Afghan child? an innocent who hasn't even learnt to say his name properly.

Your minds work like this...

Afghan Terrorist killed innocent American people... so... American Hero kill innocent Afghan people?

A

arhar

Who gives a sh!t about the whole Israeli/Palestinian politics right now? All I care about is 50000 people dying... and calling my house all morning to try to find out if mom was ok (she works in Manhattan) and getting busy signals.... My prayers go to the families of the deceased. And the terrorists are gonna PAY.

E

EricBess

ND, there are a few threads about this. Please read the comments made by myself and Ransac and I think you will see that we are not crazed lunatics out for blood. I'm not suggesting that war is necessary. Goodness knows I hope it isn't.

All I'm saying is that if it does come to war, yes, there would probably be innocents killed. Consider this - there were more people killed this morning in were killed in Pearl Harbor. Perhaps as much as 20 times more. In fact, during the 20th century, there were 50 or more wars that claimed fewer lives than this one incident (My source considers 165 incidents as wars or tyrannies).

Let's face it, if this event turns out to have roots with a nation rather than with individuals, we are already at war.

B

Bob

The Palestinians had a celebration today about the disaster. That really pisses me off. I agree with arhar. NUKE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know anyone personally who might have been hurt, but I heard about how horrible it was in there. I feel very sad about this. Whoever is responsible for this has to be repeatedly nuked.