Magic professional commits suicide

T

theorgg

We've been lampooned.

Misetings has the story...

I still wonder if the guy is dead or not...

I'd say not, since Team Academy put this up:

On another note, has anyone else noticed the rise in the number of morons in this world? I don't mean those saturday only Type 1 gamers, they are pretty cool people sometimes. I don't mean those people who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on foils either, foils are ing sexy. No, I'm talking about those people who have no ing clue what so ever.

Heh... I guess I'm causing some more laughter... But this time Mr. T doesn't cause it.

M

Mongoose Man

did anyone read the mistings article on this? it is here Here
They mention some of the CPA members...

I

Istanbul

As soon as this topic was posted, and throughout its entire life, I have held the same attitude re: this announcement, regardless of whether it involved an actual human being taking his own life or some weird Magic slang or just some stupid hoax:

I honestly do not care.

[EDIT: Besides, he named himself after one of the goofier kids from Goonies, a movie in which all the kids were goofy. He deserved to die.]

G

Gizmo

Im trying to stir up a fight, cos Im drunk... but they arent really biting. :( I`ll keep trying though... its the Magic humour site, right? They should be able to take a joke ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, really theorgg and Gizmo were the only one "insulted", although it should say "all members who responded were skeptical" (which was like four). Oh well...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
For those who aren't aware, this guy Timster and I are having a little "discussion" that grew out of Quard's last front page article that I posted. It all stemmed from him saying (I think) that this site sucks because only two people write for it and it's no wonder because the site "doesn't support its writers" and that's a fact. When I asked him for names of the writers or other evidence, he has so far failed to come through. In the meantime however, he posted a link to this very thread as evidence as to our "incompetence" which was answered to by theorgg, and this link as further evidence, thanks to Gizmo's aforementioned attempts at stirring them up. Apparently Timster can't see the joke, as Gizmo starts loudly defending his "cheating abilities". From there it degenerates, with the most admirable thing about them is that they apparently passionately decry cheating. HOUTS is also there, taking a few potshots at us, somehow interpreting Gizmo's comments as defensive of the CPA as a whole.

I just thought it was pretty amusing and naturally was eager to bring to everyone's attention :D

B

BigBlue

What a bunch of losers who cant see the stupidity of their own arguements. CPA is oink. Boy, I feel so much less of myself now that someone else thinks the CPA is oink. gosh I guess I better go crawl under a rock and die now.

I'm so glad that we don't see the petty sniping between posters here. That is what I find "casual" about the players here. They don't take themselves so seriously that they feel the need to point fingers at others to pump their own ego. It certainly isn't becuase I see the players here as all having 1300 ratings or none at all due to a lack of playing.

Way to go Gizmo and Isty. They aren't worthy of any more hits on their "site".

And as for "Bob the Junkie", I believe he might do well to look up satire and its effects. Satire is like Sarcasm only stronger, and being the subject of it is never flattering.

G

Gizmo

God knows Im not defending the CPA, I actually agree with them about how bad it is. But I DID manage to extract a full apology for myself and Orgg.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know that, I just thought it was amusing to see how they took your comments and somehow interpreted them to be the CPA's view or something (like you were the ambassador or something) :)

Is the apology in the same thread? I'll have to go look-see...

Nope, not in there. Is it in another?

I see Isty jumped in... I think you're wasting your time in that thread. You're basically trying to argue with Houts and his "boyz" - they ALL curse and think nothing of it. It's just like if one of them came over here when the CPA was starting up and said it was crap (I'm not saying now since it's well-known that some people, including myself, think it's going downhill ;) ).

I

Istanbul

There's a flaw in your reasoning, Spidey.

It's sort of like stocking your deck with Elves and mana-producers, then playing Hurricane and Earthquake. I'm not trying to WIN, I'm just trying to make life difficult for my opponent.

And I have no expectations of 'reaching' Houts. I'm just rattling his cage and laughing at his responses. :D

G

Gizmo

The apology came in a private email, but he told me to get in touch with Orgg and let him know. Which by posting here I did do.

A

arhar

Ouch, CPA gets rammed pretty hard in that thread. And I don't think anyone's opinion of it improved after that article and thread. Thanks, Gizmo!

G

Gizmo

Any ramming the CPA gets it deserves. Personally I know for a fact that I have the respect of pretty much every person who commented on that thread, because we have discussed it privately. But if they want to ram the CPA for being crap Im afraid i`m with them all the way.

Orgg, you should have asked sooner. My account gets full quite regularly and I delete everything but the essentials (I go from like 200 in my inbox to about 15). Theyve already gone.

I

Istanbul

Then why do you come here?

Seriously. If you think the CPA is such a bad site, leave. Nobody is making you come here. We'll survive just fine without you.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He said somewhere else that is was for the quirkiness/humor of this place.

I can agree that the CPA is going downhill. But "ramming" it? Has a much more negative connotation and the CPA probably doesn't deserve it unless it's fully explained more.

A

Almindhra

I think he comes here because he likes to think of himself as a "Pro", and comes to the CPA to get his jollies off of some casuals going "ooo" and "ahh" at all his fantastic ventures in tournaments and his magic ideas....

So I say go away if you don't like this place...Isn't that logical?...

G

Gizmo

Hey Ally, nice try. But, seriously... when was the last time you heard me talk about Magic??? Ok... wanna shut yer hole now?

I come back partly to rubberneck, and partly cos you`re all beep!holes, and I like to be among my own kind.

In fact, if you listen carefully, you can hear the Cheers jingle playing in the background.

Oh and 'ramming' was Arhar`s choice of word, not mine. Best go talk to him about his interest in that activity.