Magic professional commits suicide

T

theorgg

It seems that a well-known Magic personality has killed himself. Joseph "Mouth" Kambroukis(sp?), a well-known Wakefield advisary, is said to have killed himself...

the details were sketchy, but www.teamacademy.com has the story.

Actually, due to there being offensive content, I'll post the story here.

Report in from Brighton, MA. Sometime during the midday on Saturday March 23, Mouth "Joe" Kambourakis committed suicide. Some eye witnesses claim it was an accident, and that Mouth was just one of the most unlucky people ever. They claimed he knew the risks, and ended up killing himself. Upon confirmation, Mouth will be added to the list of dead players.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, just looking at the site and its general "feel" and atmosphere, it just seems to be a hoax, but who knows...

H

Hetemti

Judging by their elloquent use of vocabulary, I'll will await MTGnews (or the like) to affirm or dispell this rumor.

T

theorgg

I doubt MTGnews.com willl dispel the rumour, as they don't really deal with the Magic professional scene as much as news.

Mouth had quite a few bad-mouth him for his attitudes...

The thing that shocks me is that he's a bit younger than me...

G

Gizmo

I find it hard to believe this is true. It sounds far more like a jokey thing referring to how Joe played a game and lost it, by taking a risk that went wrong so he killed himself.

Maybe he Raged somebody holding a Deflection, or played a second Arena and didnt draw into a Death Grasp.

But I`m amazed anybody actually is taking this at face value, given the manner in which it has been reported.

T

TylersOnFire

wow im so unbeleivably confused...who is this dude and what happpened?

T

theorgg

It doesn't say that, though...

And this went up very soon after the Misetings article on mouth...

The feeling about this is... strange. A simi-celebrity may have died, and it's like almost noone cares.

Tyler: this guy was a simi-pro who appeared as a jerk in several tournament reports... at some point he wrote for magiccampus.com, too...

that's really all I know about...

C

Chaos Turtle

Jeez. I know Team Academy is known for bad taste, but surely no one thinks they would stoop to make fun of the suicide of a fellow Magic player

Here's something else for those too lazy to follow the links in the article themselves.

From the Team Academy website:
I would like to explain the term "dead" A player who is "dead" used to be good and play in the PTQ's in the area and other major tournaments and for some unknown , or some very well known reason they just stopped...
Unless I am mistaken, Mouth has been suspended for cheating.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle

LOL@U :p
Man, you'd better watch out...you might get punted! Didn't you learn your lesson last time you pulled a stunt like this? Sheesh...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man oh man... "if they ban you, I'm quitting"?!?! Sorry, but please leave then...

Weird that the article says "by Anonymous" yet at the bottom has a name attached to it...

And what's going on with all the "problems" related to 5-Color players as mentioned in the article? If Dune Echo doesn't happen to see this thread in a couple of days so he can post some thoughts, I'll start a new one that he'll be sure to see.... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, there's a dude on there who was suspended in '97 and will be able to play in August, and a dude from '98 who will be able to play in a couple of weeks... :eek:

I

Istanbul

The guy who was suspended in 97?

Realize that the most recent tournament set when he played was VISIONS.

Yikes.

T

TylersOnFire

visions :eek: .....i thought those were just legends...you mean they're real?!? haha actually i remember playing visions in 5th grade...sigh the good old days...

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Most of the problems with 5 players were fixed in Invasion block. My IBC deck gets less manascrewed than my other 4.