Keywords - Sunburst?

N

Notepad

that really, really sucks then...

damn sixth edition rules!!! they're gonna end the game, I tell ya!

M

mythosx

hahaha... are there any major changes between 8th and 7th?

I know they changed local enchantments to be non continous right? like equipment. or is it still a constantly statebased effect. ( Damn lawyers and english majors writing rules now)

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Spiderman
If that would have happened, that game would have ended about 5 years ago :p
6E rules will kill the game. Just read all the posts on Dojo about it! Duh! I tell ya, nobody will be around to purchase any Cercadian Rythm Masks, or whatever the hell that new set is called!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure of any major changes from 7th to 8th, probably would have to check. But I don't think "local enchantments" are changing.

Originally posted by SeFRo
6E rules will kill the game. Just read all the posts on Dojo about it! Duh! I tell ya, nobody will be around to purchase any Cercadian Rythm Masks, or whatever the hell that new set is called!
I know! Some yahoos are even starting some new website for casual players 'cause they're so upset! :p

N

Notepad

*pssh* geez, how crazy! Everybody knows that nobody plays casual, and all the money for cardsales is made from readers of the Dojo.

M

mythosx

hahahaha, You know that's a good point. Why is it that magic caters to the tourney players when more casual players spill more money on more cards than the tourney players?

We buy more, we don't demand big tournament jackpots, we are their Ideal consumer.

N

Notepad

Because life by nature is unfair. The basic law of the universe, aimed at any person or thing, is: I HATE YOU AND I AM AGAINST YOU!

Therefore, the universe favors tourney players, since doing so is actually a move against the biggest portion of Magic consumers.

Simple, actually. Quite friggen simple. ;)

M

mythosx

we really should write them a letter. But then again they might not care cuz they are full of themselves.

Apparently this color pie allocation is best thing to happen to them since sliced bread. At the same time it leaves fans of the game from way back when in total confusion.

M

mythosx

any takers on scry? I could have sworn shuffling your library around was a blue ability on the new color pie. But the powers that be I guess decided to give it to everyone. OH GOD. Can I please have my prodigal sorcerors back?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The reason why the tourney rules seem to impact everyone goes back to why tourney rules were needed in the first place and people's decisions to follow them.

Because Magic was just starting out and WOTC didn't realize the impact that having more than 1 type of rare in a deck would have on deck construction, decks were "broken" in the early days. Hence, for tourney play, to make it fairer, rules were issued such as the Rule of 4 and the Banned/Restriction List. Non-tourney players were not bound to follow those rules (as Oversoul can attest :) ), but it was easier to find and play people who DID follow the rules than not (why? who knows... maybe because tourneys were still "new" back then and there wasn't a Pro Tour, people just wanted to try their skills against others in an organized setting).

This has been carried on since the beginning, so whatever decisions are made from tourneys inevitable carry over to non-tourney play. But non-tourney players DO have a voice - the gold cards coming back in Invasion(?) was attributed to non-tourney players speaking up and everyone has a line to WOTC/Mark Rosewater and can speak up (presumably, that isn't just tourney players who have either the majority of Net access or go to WOTC's site and have an interest enough to respond to issues...)

I

Istanbul

So why should WotC break its habit? It's already given every color better card drawing than blue ever had (Skullclamp)...

M

mythosx

Yeah...Im just mad at not having counterspell and prodigal sorceror, I probably won't get much agreement from train and his camp though.