Is this it?

D

DÛke

LOL

My real name, or my...CPA user handle? Or better yet...does it matter?

It seems that you have taken my question, which was a metaphor, and are placing it as a real question, which lacks any relevance. Who is misunderstanding English now?

E

EricBess

I'm so glad to see my two good friend, Duke and train, getting along so well. When I thought you two would hit it off, I didn't mean come to blows. Sigh. Guess I'm the stupid one :D

Anyway, Duke, train likes to cause controversy, but more than anything, he likes to just mess around and post random stuff. For example, watch this:

train, I challenge you to reopen at least 3 (please no more than 5) "political discussion" threads that have not had a post for over a week. This should be an easy one for you :)

T

Turtlewax Joe

Apparently, DUke, you have sparked the only working brain cell is train's demented head.

Have you seen any of train's other posts? Quite honestly I think he's stupid, even when he speaks so well on the matter of your "return," he is a gibbering idiot.

He gets in trouble for sexual inuendos, yet reported me to a moderator when I said "Penis."

I am quite aware that you will most likely call ME stupid. You would only be negating yourself, as you believe in "self-perception," or not being what other people think you are, but being as how you precieve yourself.

Welcome "back" DUke, and wasn't it you that I've played a few Apprentice games with?

*tells Bob I'm late for the show, but I will be joining for the rest (slurps giant sized Icee) *

D

DÛke

No, I was not going to call you "stupid," but yes, we've played many games of Apprentice.

People, on individual basis, can be very talented and whimsical - far from stupid, that is. Squeeze them into a bunch, however, and one would have rid of all talent and whim in each. Kind of like the CPA, kind of like society, kind of the like the world. It's a disease, not sociability itself, but the sickness that sociability infects its slaves if they are not too careful. Kind of like the disgusting filth of the un-evolving cultures, which rides the technology of tomorrow, yet contains a state of mind that is so ill-gotten, so long-past and far from intellectual or universal. It is a wonder that life has come this far, considering the incivility and enslavement that still plagues all of humanity.

If only I were a dictator...

"Awww...too 'dramatic?' Let's start simpler, then, with our 'A, B, Cs' and '1, 2, 3s'..."

S

Svenmonkey

What's up with everybody turning on train? I mean, I'm usually against him, but not like, "U only haev 1 brane cell!" He's an active member and is generally being sarcastic.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. While a lot (maybe half) of train's posts seem to be gibberish and related to Coat (which I think probably is the root cause of this backlash), he's been one of the more active Magic members here.

Kinda ironic that the thread with the most participation is here in Off-Topic and about one of the CPA's more "colorful" members, but then, I guess seeing that alot of people have dropped out, maybe not...

L

linsivvi

man, i haven't posted in over two years or something, but i've been reading it ever since i left so i remember duke. And i just want to say. Its 7 in the morning before school, i'm mildly sleep deprived, and this is one of the funniest things i have ever read. Thats all, talk to you in a few years.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Welcome back, DÛke. I expect to stumble into many arguments with you, many by total accident (See old version of Upheaval, the fake goodbye, Breaking Point)

T

train

He gets in trouble for sexual inuendos, yet reported me to a moderator when I said "Penis."
I have not reported anyone to any moderator, for any reason... that would have been someone else... Trust me - I'll take credit when I do something...
[I saw it, I edited it-- it was a single post with a phallac reference.--Orgg]
And turtlewax - actually belittling any other person does nothing but waste air... which I'm surprised you know how to do... Oh - I need to stop... that's my quota of wasted air for the day... But as an accuser or belittler - you stand to gain nothing - and so waste your time... and ours...

I do find it intriguing though that I am worthy of your telling tidbits of info about me to other members... Sorry you're not that worthy to me... guess you won't be part of a best selling post...

As for DUke - it seems we agree on more subjects than we'd disagree... we both like to one-up another if in the mood... and both stir up a lot of different emotions with various subjects...

Through this show we've put on, older members seem to even be posting on something that really has no bearing on anything we would each do in our own realities... except run our mouths...

Even Linsivvi posted as our nonsense seems to have entertained him(her?) enough to do so...

As such we have found the bearing we place ourselves upon in these posts... we are merely entertainment... no matter why each of us is here - we're providing some sort of entertainment for another... no matter how sick that might seem...

As I sit in this stranded purgatory of San Angelo, Tx I would rather be posting on the CPA than spending time outside...

As such - welcome to the show...

D

DÛke

And once again, I am sorry to report an idiocy not on my behalf. It is kind of ironic how many of you seem to think this is about train, when on the contrary, it is about a handful of members in the CPA. As if I would credit train of having the ability of mutilating anything but himself. I'm not sure if train was even in my mind when I started this...in fact, I'm not sure if I knew train...

What can I say? Words - although may be spoken with a filthy element, people still manage to alter them into something filthier. Of course, "let's all go blame train now," since "I'm sure Duke is not talking about me."

"Buddy, chances are, I'm talking about you."

People can pretend this is entertainment, and ignore its message, which is very well - but I will not pretend that I am surprised.

As for "agreeing," you haven't even seen many of my opinions...and we "agree?" The only thing we possibly can agree about, at this moment, is your mental capacity. (Hey, it's all for "entertainment.")
train:

As I sit in this stranded purgatory of San Angelo, Tx I would rather be posting on the CPA than spending time outside...
Of course you rather post. (Just tell yourself: "it's all for entertainment.")

"There goes the message..."

E

EricBess

That's 3 train. Nice job :D

Duke's got it right on. train's here to have a good time spent with good friends. Nothing overly stupid about that :D

T

train

DUke - the only things I know about you are other posts of yours I read through when the boards sag a bit...

What I take from those is that we agree more than disagree... maybe that's why some CPA members thought we'd get along - apparently it is...

I'll say however - I do post more for entertainment than you do, it seems - but you wouldn't be doing this if you hated it...

(And the show continues...)

EB - Thanks!!!...;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

DÛke doesn't post for OTHERS' entertainment.
To slip into the vernacular and use a colloquialism, ;).

What's the message? People suck, especially in large groups, and we're particularly offensive because you're bored with college.
Well stick my head in a storm drain, slap my oink and call me judi dench (good actress!!)

There is someone I believe you need to meet DÛke: your pituitary gland.

E

EricBess

TICM, Duke's just trying to rile some feathers (has Apollo even posted yet?). Be careful lest you prove his point for him. :D

Besides, anyone who remembers Duke from MTGNews knows that he has no grounds to truely rag on anyone seriously. My experience with Duke is that he may not always agree with what you are saying, but he respects your opinion as long as you respect his right to disagree with it. And vice versa.

Of course, all that college education may have gone to his head, too. :p

D

DÛke

Eric, don't try to tell things about me -- I usually don't act as nice to people as I act towards you. Not many people deserve respect, I'm afraid - not many deserve life I believe. Just call me an "extremist." :)

"To treat everyone as if they were 'equal?" Why in Heavens would one commit such a crime - no one is equal."

TICM - "bored with college?" I'm amidst my winter break, writing for the school's paper for when I get back. <Grin> Don't try to be argumentative, or at least, don't start your training with me. :p

Anyway, I guess the boards, like someone already said in another thread, "invites spam," and "entertainment" or an "escape" from real life...

Oh well.

"As if people didn't run from their problems already."

A

Apollo

Ahem!

*Apollo ruffles his feathers*

I don't know why everone is bashing Train all of a sudden--he's a funny guy, and I think he's quite smart (but then again, I'm not, so it's kinda hard for me to tell sometimes :)).

On the other hand, DUke and I have had our moments--both good and bad--and as such, I don't really want to get into it with him again. So cheers, DUke, and I know I'm a moron--there was no need to tell me. ;)

W

WickedBoy6

I've completely missed everything that's gone on in this thread... *chomp* ...but all I know is Train has helped me a lot on this board, so I don't like the thought of hostility in his direction.
As it pertains to Duke... *chomp* ...I don't know the guy enough to judge his character, so I'll just keep my peace until I feel it needs to be spoken.

W

WickedBoy6

NP. You've helped me enough times. I only wish I could be as helpful, but alas, I'm not as knowledgable when it comes to...anything, really.