Innistrad Intro Packs: Spidey (Eldritch Onslaught) vs boogiepop (Repel the Dark)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 3 and I draw a card

Murder of Crows

Done
Spidey: 5 *Cursed*
Hand: 3
Library: 10
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Mt x5
(T,T,U,U,U) Island x5

Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player)
Curse of the Bloody Tome (At the beginning of my upkeep, I put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard)

(U) Ghoulcaller's Bell (T: Each player puts the top card of his library into his graveyard)
(U) Cellar Door (3, T: Target player puts the bottom card of his library into his graveyard. If it's a creature card, I put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield)

(U) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(U) Merfolk Mesmerist (1/2; U, T: Target player puts the top two cards of his library into his graveyard)
(T) Sturmgeist (3/3; Flying; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in my hand; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw a card)
(U) Zombie creature token (2/2)
(S) Murder of Crows (4/4; Flying; Whenever another creature dies, I may draw a card. If I do, discard a card)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Mountain, Island, Desperate Ravings (FB: 2u), Geistflame (FB: 2R), Mountain, Island, Dream Twist (FB: 1U)

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Dream Twist
====================================================================
boogiepop: 13
Hand: 5
Library: 22
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains
(U,U,U,U,U) Forest

(U) Benalish Veteran (2/2, Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush, Hamlet Captain, Forest, Slayer of the Wicked, Sharpened Pitchfork, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Plains, Titanic Growth, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, Hamlet Captain, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Avacyn's Priest
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Cast Smite the Monstrous (Instant, Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater.) at eot on the Murder of Crows.
Responses?

B

boogiepop

Hey, I've only been waiting to use it since the opening hand! :p

UUD
Forest
Jade Mage

Done
Show me your milling might.

Library: 10
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Mt x5
(T,T,U,U,U) Island x5

Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player)
Curse of the Bloody Tome (At the beginning of my upkeep, I put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard)

(U) Ghoulcaller's Bell (T: Each player puts the top card of his library into his graveyard)
(U) Cellar Door (3, T: Target player puts the bottom card of his library into his graveyard. If it's a creature card, I put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield)

(U) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(U) Merfolk Mesmerist (1/2; U, T: Target player puts the top two cards of his library into his graveyard)
(T) Sturmgeist (3/3; Flying; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in my hand; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw a card)
(U) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Mountain, Island, Desperate Ravings (FB: 2u), Geistflame (FB: 2R), Mountain, Island, Dream Twist (FB: 1U), Murder of Crows

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Dream Twist
Library: 21
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U) Plains x5
(T,U,U,U,U,U) Forest x6

(U) Benalish Veteran (2/2, Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
(U) Jade Mage (2/1, 2G: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush, Hamlet Captain, Forest, Slayer of the Wicked, Sharpened Pitchfork, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Plains, Titanic Growth, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, Hamlet Captain, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Avacyn's Priest
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Yep, I'll tap out and make as many of those little critters as possible. Oh, and Geistflame costs 3R, not 2R.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops, my bad. Add another R.

So that's three tokens and you're tapped out, right?

Burning Vengeance triggers andd I'll target the Veteran and since you're tapped out, I assume there's nothing else you can do.

After all that resolves, I'll use the remaining U to use the Mesmerist on you.

Untap, upkeep - mill Island and Charmbreaker Devils (that would have been nice), Draw

Attack with all
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 4
Library: 7
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Mt x5
(U,U,U,U,U) Island x5

(T) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(T) Merfolk Mesmerist (1/2; U, T: Target player puts the top two cards of his library into his graveyard)
(T) Sturmgeist (4/4; Flying; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in my hand; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw a card)
(T) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Mountain, Island, Desperate Ravings (FB: 2u), Mountain, Island, Dream Twist (FB: 1U), Murder of Crows, Island, Charmbreaker Devils

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Dream Twist, Geistflame
Library: 19
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains x5
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Forest x6

(S) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush, Hamlet Captain, Forest, Slayer of the Wicked, Sharpened Pitchfork, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Plains, Titanic Growth, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, Hamlet Captain, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Avacyn's Priest, Benalish Veteran, Jade Mage, two cards from library
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Milled two Plains.
Two Saps block the Zombie. One on the Fortress Crab.

Library: 7
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Mt x5
(U,U,U,U,U) Island x5

(T) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(T) Merfolk Mesmerist (1/2; U, T: Target player puts the top two cards of his library into his graveyard)
(T) Sturmgeist (4/4; Flying; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in my hand; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw a card)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Mountain, Island, Desperate Ravings (FB: 2u), Mountain, Island, Dream Twist (FB: 1U), Murder of Crows, Island, Charmbreaker Devils

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Dream Twist, Geistflame
Library: 19
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains x5
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Forest x6

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush, Hamlet Captain, Forest, Slayer of the Wicked, Sharpened Pitchfork, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Plains, Titanic Growth, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, Hamlet Captain, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Avacyn's Priest, Benalish Veteran, Jade Mage, Plains, Plains
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll pay UR to Flashback Dream Twist, targeting you.
Burning Vengeance triggers and I'll target one of the Saproling blocking the Zombies.

Combat resolves, you take 5 and the other Saprolings bite the dust
I draw a card from the Sturmgeist's ability

Done
Library: 6
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U) Mt x5
(T,U,U,U,U) Island x5

(T) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(T) Sturmgeist (5/5; Flying; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in my hand; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw a card)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Mountain, Island, Desperate Ravings (FB: 2u), Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Island, Charmbreaker Devils

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Dream Twist, Geistflame, Dream Twist
boogiepop: 8
Library: 16
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains x5
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Forest x6

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush, Hamlet Captain, Forest, Slayer of the Wicked, Sharpened Pitchfork, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Plains, Titanic Growth, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, Hamlet Captain, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Avacyn's Priest, Benalish Veteran, Jade Mage, Plains, Plains, three cards from library
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Selfless cathar, Plains, and Bonds of faith were milled.
UUD
Done.

Library: 6
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U) Mt x5
(T,U,U,U,U) Island x5

(T) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(T) Sturmgeist (5/5; Flying; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in my hand; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw a card)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Mountain, Island, Desperate Ravings (FB: 2u), Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Island, Charmbreaker Devils

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Dream Twist, Geistflame, Dream Twist
Library: 15
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains x5
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Forest x6

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush, Hamlet Captain, Forest, Slayer of the Wicked, Sharpened Pitchfork, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Plains, Titanic Growth, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, Hamlet Captain, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Avacyn's Priest, Benalish Veteran, Jade Mage, Plains, Plains, Selfless cathar, Plains, Bonds of faith
Exile:

B

boogiepop

No response.
Elder cathar and Plains from the Mesmerist.
Mentor of the meek from the Door. Congratulations, you've got twins.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, I forgot I used the Mesmerist to attack, so he can't use his ability.

Untap, upkeep - mill Mountain and Island, Draw

Attack with all
Responses/blocks/game?
Hand: 6
Library: 3
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Mt x5
(U,U,U,U,U) Island x5

(T) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(T) Sturmgeist (6/6; Flying; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in my hand; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw a card)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Mountain, Island, Desperate Ravings (FB: 2u), Mountain, Island, Murder of Crows, Island, Charmbreaker Devils, Mountain, Island

Library: 14
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains x5
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Forest x6

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush, Hamlet Captain, Forest, Slayer of the Wicked, Sharpened Pitchfork, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Plains, Titanic Growth, Silver-Inlaid Dagger, Hamlet Captain, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Avacyn's Priest, Benalish Veteran, Jade Mage, Plains, Plains, Selfless cathar, Plains, Bonds of faith, Mentor of the Meek
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Smite the Monstrous on the Sturmgeist and that's all I can do.

Good game. It couldn't have been any closer as you would have milled yourself next turn, which is what I was hoping for. My hand was full of lands. With the exception of the Jade Mage, I hadn't drawn anything but land for about 10 turns. Seriously, look at the spells you milled. It got to the point where I figured I might as well hold on to them, maybe getting you to back off from attacking, thinking I had something up my sleeve. The Smites had been kicking around since the beginning, wasting space. Ah well.

Again, good game. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

Yeah, I realized I had better start attacking a couple of turns back so that's why I started to clear your side of the board. Thank goodness for the flashback spells and Burning Vengeance as they finally stabilized the game for me.

Wanna go again with different Intro decks?

B

boogiepop

Sure. Would you be interested in trying some of the Dark Ascension ones, though?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, I don't care what we do. I'll have to dig up the deck lists, but when I do, I'll start a thread.