Innistrad Intro Packs: Spidey (Eldritch Onslaught) vs boogiepop (Repel the Dark)

B

boogiepop

UUD

Finally got the third forest. So....
Forest. Unruly Mob. Overrun. (+3/+3 and trample to creatures I control until end of turn )
The Purebloods and Saproling attack. Gotta keep the pressure on, heh!
Responses to any of the pre-attack actions?

Spidey: 5

Hand: 1
Library: 39
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Mt x4
(T,T,U) Island x3

Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player)
Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player)

(U) Fortress Crab (1/6) enchanted Bonds of Faith (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 as long as it's a Human. Otherwise, it can't attack or block.)
(U) Armored Skaab (1/4; When ~ ETB, put the top four card from my library into my graveyard)
(U) Fortress Crab (1/6)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant
Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure
====================================================================
boogiepop: 20
Hand: 2
Library: 40
Battlefield:

(U,T,T,T,T) Plains
(T,T,T) Forest

(T) Saproling Token (1/1) *+3/+3 and trample ueot
(T) Thraben Purebloods (3/5) *+3/+3 and trample ueot
(S) Unruly Mob (1/1, Whenever another creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Unruly Mob.) *+3/+3 and trample ueot

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This could be over next turn....

No responses to pre-attack actions.

Skaab blocks the Saproling
Crab blocks the Purebloods

B

boogiepop

Well, I think you could probably buy yourself another turn if you swapped those blockers. Your call, of course.

Either way, I'm done.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't I have to block that way, otherwise the trample damage will kill me?

EOT, Think Twice

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Flashback Think Twice
Responses?

Spidey: 5

Library: 37
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Mt x4
(T,U,U) Island x3

(U) Fortress Crab (1/6) enchanted Bonds of Faith (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 as long as it's a Human. Otherwise, it can't attack or block.)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Think Twice (FB: 2U)

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure
Battlefield:

(U,T,T,T,T) Plains
(T,T,T) Forest

(T) Saproling Token (1/1)
(T) Thraben Purebloods (3/5)
(S) Unruly Mob (1/1, Whenever another creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Unruly Mob.)

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Oh, all I meant was 6/9 purebreds onto 1/4 zombie = 2 damage to you and the zombie dies, 4/4 saproling onto 1/6 crab = 0 damage and the crab lives.

Anyway, I have no responses, so do your worst.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I get it. I miscalulated the Purebred's damage - I think I was thinking its toughness was his power, so it would have been 5 trample.

Anyhoo, the Burning Vengeances triggers, so I'll stack one on the Saproling and one on the Mob so that the Mob will resolved first.

Any responses to either?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Deranged Assistant
Island
Curse of the Bloody Tome on myself

Done

Spidey: 5 *Cursed*

Hand: 0
Library: 36
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Mt x4
(T,T,T,T) Island x4

Curse of the Bloody Tome (At the beginning of my upkeep, I put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard)

(S) Deranged Assistant (1/1; T, Put the top card of my library into my graveyard: Add 1 to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice
Battlefield:

(U,T,T,T,T) Plains
(T,T,T) Forest

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob
Exile:

B

boogiepop

I hope you keep turning things around. Comeback wins are always cool.
UUD
The doggies attack.
Block or no, I'm done.

Library: 36
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Mt x4
(T,T,T,T) Island x4

Curse of the Bloody Tome (At the beginning of my upkeep, I put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard)

(S) Deranged Assistant (1/1; T, Put the top card of my library into my graveyard: Add 1 to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains
(U,U,U) Forest

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll block with the Assistant

Untap, upkeep - put Silent Departure and Think Twice in my graveyard, Draw

Flashback Silent Departure, targeting my Crab
Responses?

Library: 33
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Mt x4
(T,T,U,U) Island x4

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Think Twice (FB: 2U)

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains
(U,U,U) Forest

Exile:

B

boogiepop

Nope. Poor pups...

EDIT
Oh wait... I think I can do something. Will have to recheck what's in my hand when I get home later today.

THEN AGAIN
Nevermind. Stupid sorcery speed, heh. They take the damage.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Flashback Think Twice, triggering the Burning Vengeances.

One targets the Pureblood to finish it off
One targets you

Responses?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Mt x4
(T,T,T,T) Island x4

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure, Think Twice
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains
(U,U,U) Forest

(T) Thraben Purebloods (3/5) *4 dmg*

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Island

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Mt x4
(T,T,T,T,U) Island x5

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant

Exile: Desperate Ravings, Curse of the Bloody Tome, Dream Twist, Silent Departure, Think Twice, Silent Departure, Think Twice
boogiepop: 18
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains
(U,U,U) Forest

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods
Exile:

B

boogiepop

UUD
Should have done this last turn. Oh well.
Bramblecrush targeting one of the Burning Vengeances.
Benalish Veteran.
Done.

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Mt x4
(T,T,T,T,U) Island x5

Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player) ~sent to graveyard?

Library: 38
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains
(T,T,U) Forest

Benalish Veteran (2/2, Whenever Benalish Veteran attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No responses to anything.

Untap, upkeep - Armored Skaab and Mountain go to the graveyard, Draw

Fortress Crab
Merfolk Mesmerist

Done.

Library: 30
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Mt x4
(T,T,T,U,U) Island x5

(S) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(S) Merfolk Mesmerist (1/2; U, T: Target player puts the top two cards of his library into his graveyard)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain

Library: 38
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains
(T,T,U) Forest

Benalish Veteran (2/2, Whenever Benalish Veteran attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Avacynian Priest, Jade Mage, Butcher's Cleaver, Unruly Mob, Spare From Evil, Unruly Mob, Overrun, Unruly Mob, Bonds of Faith, Thraben Purebloods, Bramblecrush
Exile:

B

boogiepop

UUD
Done.

Library: 30
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Mt x4
(T,T,T,U,U) Island x5

(S) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(S) Merfolk Mesmerist (1/2; U, T: Target player puts the top two cards of his library into his graveyard)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains
(T,T,U) Forest

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - put Island and Dream Twist in my graveyard, Draw

Done

Library: 27
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Mt x4
(U,U,U,U,U) Island x5

(U) Fortress Crab (1/6)
(U) Merfolk Mesmerist (1/2; U, T: Target player puts the top two cards of his library into his graveyard)

Graveyard: Grasp of Phantasms (FB: 7U), Pitchburn Devils, Harvest Pyre, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab, Fortress Crab, Deranged Assistant, Burning Vengeance, Armored Skaab, Mountain, Island, Dream Twist (FB: 1U)

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains
(T,T,U) Forest

Exile: