In response to you casting Mirrodin, I'll play....

T

train

We've had a few guys in Texas do well... but not many... most of the hottin around here is all form Wannabes...

Sad thing is they knock each other out of tourneys... even the big ones...

N

Notepad

Not like they need the money anyway. All the pros are just spoiled rich kid college boys who get free money from mams and paps.

That's why they have so much free time to practice, because if they do have a job, its just something like Starbucks to be around friends, or some corporate goober job given to them through family.

N

Notepad

They certainly do seem so. Because they ARE. ;)

If only a terrorist nuke attack would wipe out a town where a Pro Tour is taking place. That would be the day! YAY!

*rant reminder* lol

T

train

Well...

In knowing/meeting/playing against 1 that is currently attending a very expensive Christian school of Higher education - I can say there's money involved...

I can also say that though there is money available for him - he does not take the stubborn - I'm better than you, and your momma knows it - attitude that some of the others do...

As for meeting any of the big names - not as of yet...

As for hearing a lot about the big names - so much goes around - but what do we know about them personally...

Maybe the gaming mentality takes over them when there are cards in front of them...

- This is where your Axe comes in SeFRo...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
but what do we know about them personally...
Sorry SeFRo, but I hate when you make blanket statements like
All the pros are just spoiled rich kid college boys who get free money from mams and paps.
You may know some, but I'm a skeptic in believing that you know all of them... this just makes you sound whiny, bitter, and envious of other people's station in life. That may not be how you intended it, but that's how it's coming across to me.

Sorry <shrug> :)

T

train

That may not be how you intended it, but that's how it's coming across to me.
I can see where spidey is coming from, and I understand how human nature works... One thing humans are capable of doing very easily is judging...

I dohope that at some point in time you meet a pro player that is not like this SeFRo - because as of now it sounds like you may be around a lot of attitudes that aren't necessarily healthy for the game...

That's what i really look for - are people having fun? - If not what can I do to make it more fun for them?(unless it would mean modifying my utility decks)

Like I said - I know some and they do have a bad attitude, but others don't... And to them - with some of the casual player attitudes being negative about pros - they can easily make a blanket judgement about us... and that's fine - because when I play them, or they see me play - they'll see a different casual player than they expected...

It's kind of my "Magic Mission"...

N

Notepad

Yes, I did meet an exception or two. Trevor Blackwell, and his Lv3 brother, Conan Blackwell. They aren't the little spoiled rich kids. Instead there's the "Oh my god, I can't believe I'm forced to choose between having to go stalking the trash man this morning or watching the 2am-5am reruns of Xena"

Yeah, so there are TWO types of pros. ;)

>> this just makes you sound whiny, bitter, and envious of other people's station in life

Awesome! That's exactly what I was trying for! :D ;)

T

train

You could always start your own business and be the CIO, CEO, CFO, COO, and CoB...