How good is Phage?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that's the worst, although I can't really think of an alternate at the moment... there's just too many counters now :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, there's Fold into AEther, which is pretty un-counterlike, and therefore possibly his favorite...

But as far as the worst, Scent of Brine is pretty bad too, but I'm still not sure...

Edit: What was I thinking? Burnout or something would have to be Train's favorite counter...

M

Mur

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
I'm thinking... there isn't a way to put a critter into play for your opponent (i.e. summon Phage from your hand and it comes into play for your opponent).

That would be hillarious.
Summoner's Egg and Confusion in the Ranks. Somebody did this to me with Eater of Days, but Phage would be faster.

H

Homestar

i like to stick with phage+donate, nothing ore complicated then that. i dont have pahge but thats what i would do...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Phage+ Donate

You must have been misinformed...

I believe it was already stated on this thread. But all that combo will do is give your opponent a 4/4 body that will kill you if it hits you...

A decidedly bad idea. If you want to Donate something to your opponent that will kill you, I guess Phage fits that purpose. Mindslaver might be more fun though...

T

train

the worst counterspell is counterspell... hands down...

The worst one if I played blue - ertai's trickery...

why? - it is the only counterspell that whose counter is effective against "block" spells only... All other "counter" spells can counter normally...

I can't believe I just gave such a serious response... with reasoning...

cool...

:cool:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Homestar: Train was talking about Ertai's Trickery, not Meddling...

Train: What about Mana Drain? I've played with and against Counterspell a lot, beaten it a lot too. But I've never won a game in which Mana Drain hit...

H

Homestar

Oversoul: i kno and i said heck with trickery, i like meddling.........

T

train

I've won a game when the drain hit... and it isn't so bad really - it's not like you could re-use the mana...

Of course the blue player gets the mana - but sometimes they can't spend it, sometimes they can..

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I would much rather play against Counterspell and not have the potential to Mana Drain my opponent than play against Mana Drain and watch the my spell fuel a Mind Twist, Fact or Fiction, Braingeyser, Wheel of Fortune, Nevinyrral's Disk, etc.

T

train

Me too... I'd rather it be that way - but it's blue, and sadly, a fact of Magic...:rolleyes: