Hi...

D

DÛke

Dead Can Dance are one of a kind. I never got into them; they are even more loaded than Enigma sometimes, much, much darker, and more worldly.

And I do listen to Delerium. A lot: in fact, I have Semantic Spaces, Karma, Poem, and their latest flop (in my opinion), Chimera. Deep Forest...now...there is always a war going on somewhere about Deep Forest versus Enigma, it's a long, boring story. The bottom line is: Deep Forest is nowhere near as complex as Enigma, and not as sensual. Though they have their own specialities. From what I understand, their latest album, Music Detected is so bad that it basically killed the fanbase. But again, the same can be said about Enigma's latest - it's such a drastic change that the true Enigma can barely be heard. Now Delerium had the best new album between Enigma and Deep Forest. I don't listen to Deep Forest, though there are some really, really catchy tunes that I can't help but love - Sweet Lullaby, the ambient live version, is so breathtaking and refreshing it's impossible to resist it. There are few more.

Nothing beats Enigma. :D

But if you really, really want your mind to be blown away by something so divine, get Schiller - specifically the new album - Liebe; you'll have to import it from Amazon.com, but it is worth every penny spent on it; I imported it right when it came out and my total price was around $56. It's one of my all time favorite CDs. Try it. Makes the new Enigma album look like child's play.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Haha, I lied--well forgot actually. It appears that another song I have heard (and it's cool too, but not as good as Sadeness) is by Enigma: "The Return to Innocence."

C

Chaos Turtle

Mea Culpa was the first Enigma song I ever heard. I thought it cutting edge at the time. I like to listen to Enigma but for some reason I can barely remember it after... I just kind of zone out...

But anyway...

Just wanted to point out that I have in fact had a full natal chart done. For your information and amusement:

I am a Virgo with a Virgo Moon, with Gemini Rising.

In fact, my Sun, Moon, Mercury and Pluto are all in Virgo. Fun, no?
Venus and Uranus in Libra, Jupiter and Neptune in Scorpio.
Mars in Leo, Saturn in Taurus, and True Node in Pisces.

Everything except Saturn is in the 4th, 5th or 6th house. Very crowded in that quarter of the chart.
Basically I'm all ploped up, but in a fun existential way.:cool:

I won't get into the technical details here, but I don't mind sharing that information if you like.

D

DÛke

I am a Virgo with a Virgo Moon, with Gemini Rising.
So basically you're one to systemize, arrange, and organize everything, both on conscious and unconscious level. You’re a stuffy person, to be sure. Your Gemini rising contradicts all that and makes you rather a socialite; socializing can be difficult for you, but you handle it well; you hide your shyness well, too well at times, and might I add that there is no social situation that overwhelm you enough so that you actually show how horrific it really might be to your Virgo nature. Thank your Gemini rising for that. Sexually, you are a stuffy, non-experimental, bore. Your Gemini helps that part of yourself and gives you a breezy, almost slutty sexual side that close friends cannot help but feel to be perverted; such a perversion does conflict with whatever standards you might have, and you do have a tendency to feel “guilty” about some of your wilder ventures, but in many cases you can’t help but give in. People close to you always notice how clean and neat you are; you smell too good for a normal guy, and care about the way you dress, the way you look in the eyes of others; when you look in the mirror, you want to see a prince. You are most likely to be the cleanest, neatest, most well-dressed man in your group of male friends, and ladies notice that, of course: sometimes you're even cleaner than them! Whatever place you chose to be your home is bound to be well decorated, even if with simplicity; everything has its proper place, and you want what belongs to a place to stay there. Over the rainbow? Yes you are!

Very interesting chart, Robbie.

Oh, just for facts:

Scorpio, Leo, Gemini, and Pisces are the whores of the Zodiac. Sometimes Sagittarius belongs here too. Each for very, very different reasons, of course, and due to different facets in their nature. Pisces being the most innocent one of them, Gemini being the most pervereted.

Gemini, Scorpio, and Aquarius are the most sexually creative and interesting. Scorpio being the most spiritual, while Gemini and Aquarius are lusty and will do it anywhere, in any circumstance.

Libra and Pisces are the most romantic.

Ferret

Staff member
Scorpios are definitely, the insatiable ones. It can be...excrutiating and fun. If you ever get the chance, try one - but, beware because you will belong to the Scorpio for the rest of your life...

-Ferret

"...which isn't such a bad thing..."

Killer Joe

You must've NOT read my post, DUke.

The post wasn't even remotely about Enigma.

IMHO, I have NO idea as to what Enigma has to offer...
You should've realized by this opening part of this statement that I AM uniformed about Enigma (and BTW, Return to Innocence? Give me a break, a sappy NEW/OLD Wave POP tune at best - and POP means popular and judging by these replies, Enigma must be POPular).

YOU, my man, are about Poetry or "Word Manipulation", I just thought you'd appreciate my recognition of that, a complement, if you will.

Jazz IS for the light-hearted so thanks for the accurate note on that. The deep, dark stuff is just B-O-R-I-N-G, .......

<Reader Beware: Sarcsasim to follow>

I'm sorry, but thinking about how many ways I can leave this cruel, cruel world and punish everyone in it for making me KILL myself and DWELLING on it is absurd!

Oh, I see, I probably got THAT wrong, too? Eh?

You don't get it, do you?

Everything anyone says that doesn't fit into your (ours) paradigm (a $.50 word) is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. (Go ahead, say that in a Gomer Pyle voice: Wrong, wrong, wrong).

Okay, I'll say this and you let me know what you think.

I will ALLOW for the possiblity that I may mis-speak, mis-behave, mis-understand, get it wrong, a fair amount of times on these boards, but I have not seen you acknowledge that for YOURSELF,......EVER!

I'm sure I'm wrong about that, too. :p

D

DÛke

I'm not really sure what Killer Joe is trying to say either. :)

Oversoul: yes, you're a spiritual whore. You're also a paranoid, distrustful, vindictive SOB who hypnotizes people with your mere presence. You can be anything you want, even if at the expense of someone else. You're just like that. And...what Ferret is trying to say is: once you fall for somebody, whether you stay with them or not, you deem them as your property, forever. You can be with as many people as you want, have as many friends as you like, but them? Oh no! They dare! They belong to you!

Seriously. :D

Which some people, I guess, would find extremely attractive - like Pisces to be exact, and also Libra. Others like Gemini and Aquarius, who are so freaked out about their independance and freedom, would kill you for tellling them "how it is," tell you how it is with an absurd level of rationality and logic that your emotions would be crushed, and would leave you all by yourself to drown in your own misery. ;)

And that, too, I'm serious about.

Hey, the Zodaic have its dark sides too...

D

DÛke

YOU, my man, are about Poetry or "Word Manipulation", I just thought you'd appreciate my recognition of that, a complement, if you will.
Well thank you for the compliment! Seriously! But I just don't know what you're trying to do or say with everything else you're saying. :) It is ok to not like Enigma. Really. You don't need to explain.

Killer Joe

It's true, though. If you look at most of your posts of the distant past (and some recently) you have a very "poetic" way of explaining/expressing yourself. Your vocabulary is extremely vast and you almost never mis-articulate what you're trying to say.

As for the other stuff, I have no idea what I've been saying, it's this crazy election crap, I guess. :rolleyes:

D

DÛke

...and you almost never mis-articulate what you're trying to say...
How is that I disagree with that? :) You must have been absent during the latter days of political and lightly philosophical debates in which I was informed as to my extreme incomprehensibility. Sadly, it is a problem that extents far beyond these forums and into the real world, my academic life, and through my relationships. And yet, I do not wish to "better" my manner of communication simply because few persons have managed, with natural ease might I add, to understand what it is I try to say - though they cannot, in return, communicate to others what I do say, or repeat what it is I do say. Sigh...at times I wish I could simply make others feel what I think...

The "crazy election stuff"? Don't worry about it. It has already been decided. Bush will win. If you adore the man, than it is your lucky year...I mean, your lucky 4 years. If you depise him, than I am sorry.

I myself can't seem to understand why it is taking people so long to overcome mere "politics" and become more civilized.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by DÛke
I myself can't seem to understand why it is taking people so long to overcome mere "politics" and become more civilized.
I think I understand it. Once one becomes wrapped up in the significance of something, whether that significance is illusory or not is completely ignored. It happens with other things too, not just politics.

D

DÛke

Once one becomes wrapped up in the significance of something, whether that significance is illusory or not is completely ignored. It happens with other things too, not just politics.
It makes sense, though I must say that other things do not have the same world wide effect that politics does; people can become entranced by anything, but to be entranced by things that are as decisive and critical as "politics" is a dangerous issue. It is here above elsewhere that the stupidity of people can actually attain power. But hey, that answers the question, doesn't it? - why people cannot "overcome politics"? Because they would lose the illusion of attained power, and who want to relinquish such illusions...? Certainly not the idiot who posses no power anywhere else in his life! Thus politics are necessary, not for their supposed aim, but to give the bottommost common denominator of the human species something to "control." At last, the false notion of free will is reinforced, even attained! After all, the man who fights for his lies in the same seriousness and sweat in which he fights for his "rights" and his "justice" eventually causes the lie to become a type of truth, believed in to the point where its reality becomes indesputable, while its unreality becomes a subject of mockery.

And it's not that I'm preaching anarchy. I just believe that politics requires great people to function in a proper, decent manner. But then, if we have great people, we wouldn't need politics to organize the lives of such great people!...

Now I understand…

Killer Joe

You explained yourself in a crystal clear manner. It's both how and what you say that people react to. And I never mis-understand you. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

As for "GW", well, it's another four years of ~fractured~ sentences in the White House :(

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
In retrospect, I should have been more confident that Bush would win. If people are willing to elect a man who cannot pronounce "nuclear" then why should they not be willing to do so twice?

Then again, I would probably only be happy with a president who was not a politician. That's sort of unlikely to happen...

D

DÛke

In retrospect, I should have been more confident that Bush would win.
I was 100% positive he would win right after 9/11. I can pull up some emails dating back at least to 1 year ago in which I mourn and warn that Bush has basically won this election. Things of such great magnitude can be sensed rather clearly, and from miles, and years away. It was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, impossible for anyone else to win besides Bush. And he did win, needless to say.
I would probably only be happy with a president who was not a politician.
It is almost as if people do not desire a president, per se, but a politician who is stupid - you know, someone on their own level. A great president can only born amidst a great people; more so, a great president can only be chosen by great people. In this case, Bush represents and symbolizes more than half of the general American public - a sad and depressing testimonial on behalf of the American people. The other half of the public, well, I am willing to bet they aren't that wise either, only different. Many amongst those who voted for Bush actually adore him, a more gloomy fact than the fact that he won the election: that he is actually believed in!...